Dynamic pricing should go away all together! For something that is open 365, with a very limited change in available experience from one day to the next, pricing should be static. Dynamic pricing is a money grab and a poor attempt at crowd control. Busier times are such because that is swaths of people have the ability to attend.
Disney isn't the only one who does dynamic pricing and part of it is to distribute "buyers" allowing them to fill during less popular times and to bring in "buyers" who will not buy at higher price. I guarantee if they went away then the price would default to the higher price.

Universal has dynamic pricing, Discovery Cove has dynamic pricing .. it is not unusual for theme parks. We love Discovery Cove and been many times ~ but only on days where price is greatly reduced.

Movie theaters have dynamic pricing not only by time but by expected popularity of a movie.

Restaurants have dynamic pricing when they have lunch or early bird pricing for basically the same meal.

Broadway has dynamic pricing by time and day/date.

Repair companies have dynamic pricing based on speed of service or date.

Dynamic pricing is just a fancy term for the basics of supply and demand. When there is more demand the price will go up. You even see this in hotels and airlines ... AND as rooms & tickets get sold the price climbs.

Plenty of places I don't go to anymore that I once did because the price no longer provides me value. Disney is very full so their business model is working for them. I don't think it will change. And the great thing about Disney ~ it is a luxury vacation needed by no one.

Last edited:
To add to the dynamic pricing comments…airlines certainly have dynamic pricing! I guess we don’t think too much about it at WDW because we stay longer and have PH.

We went to MK this past January on the CM party night. Closed at like 4:30. I thought the crowds were higher than what I was expecting to see. Makes me wonder if the word had gotten out about possible lower crowds for that day or what?

Although you don't get to do the evening entertainment if I am going with people who are OK skipping that, my favorite time to hit the MK is on a party day - go as early as possible and leave at 4 when party people can come in -- It's a rare opportunity to go on a day that is less crowded as most people won't go then as they don't want to have to leave early. The parties do tend to skew attendance and make non party days busier.

Lower pricing would probably negate the advantage of lower crowds on party days and parks might end up being more crowded, so what one might think would be a positive could make the experience less appealing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter