Heck no.

You can plan your park days how you see fit. The earlier closing are well known ahead of time. So if you decide to go to the park on those days, that is 100% your choice. You know how much you are spending, you know how many hours you get, you decide if it is worth it.

:thumbsup2

What about the folks in wheelchairs that can only do a few rides? Or Grandma that does no rides? All those kids that can't ride because their not tall enough, not their fault they get less rides. Or those who can't handle fireworks, do they get a rebate because they have to leave the parks early? I struggle to get there at opening because my DS who is disabled struggles to get out that early, can I get a rebate? What if you don't get a Virtual Queue time ~ rebate right? I mean you didn't get your full value?

As I said before, if you feel ripped off ~ go somewhere else.
Agree with you 100%! But one thing to note (as a former park manager), children's tickets are priced lower due to the height requirements. Not a lot, but that is the reasoning behind the lower ticket prices. Most kids, by 10, are able to meet height requirements.

Nope, as it is usually quite a bit quieter during the day on party days. Until about mid afternoon when the party crowds arrive early.

Alternative question: Should party tickets only be valid for the party hours? You have paid for the party. Not the party plus a few extra hours mid afternoon.

I don't think so. We all get to choose what day for any given park. If you do not want MK on an early close, just pick a different park that day.

We choose MK on party days because we find that works best for us, but if we want to stay later we pick a different day. We are not park open to park close people, and that impacts my opinion.

We go to the parks often enough that it doesn’t bother me, but I could see if you were going once in a lifetime and doing just a few park days how that could be an issue. It’s a non issue because Disney ain’t never lowering prices. Ever.

Nope, as it is usually quite a bit quieter during the day on party days. Until about mid afternoon when the party crowds arrive early.

Alternative question: Should party tickets only be valid for the party hours? You have paid for the party. Not the party plus a few extra hours mid afternoon.
For the Party tickets... sure. As long as they go back to doing a hard close and clear all non party guests out. The reason they do it the way they do now is to make it easier on them honestly. Allows them to get everyone in before the party starts.

I think they should but I don’t think they have to since it’s their business to do as they please. People can just choose not go that day if they don’t want to pay.

I say no - but for a slightly different reason. We are all major parks fans - we would understand the reason the price is lower is because of the event taking place. I have a feeling that the average guest would see lower priced tickets and opt to go that day - not realizing they will be kicked out earlier than they thought.
I know they should understand why, and Disney would need to go into overdrive to ensure they are aware....but it will happen often enough. Show up at the park entrance at 4 and get kicked out at 6 or 7 and arguing at a poor cast member 5 minutes later.

Early admission with party tickets is officially part of the deal. It's built into the price.
Curious as I haven't purchased party tickets in a long time. If you know, does the party ticket indicate what time guests may enter the park or are only party hours listed on the ticket?

Curious as I haven't purchased party tickets in a long time. If you know, does the party ticket indicate what time guests may enter the park or are only party hours listed on the ticket?
I don't remember but the early admission time was explicitly stated when I bought the ticket. My memory is originally the early admission was a courtesy and not promoted.

No for many reasons.
If you show up late to a park, the ticket isn't cheaper, or if i stay longer, it isn't more expensive..
On party days, the parks are less crowded, so get much more done.
Going to a park on a party day was my choice, I could have gone to a different park.
Basing ticket prices on park hours would make an already complicated situation even worse.

Let us strap an EZ Pass transponder on our heads and let it rip! You’re in the 35 credit preferred view zone for Festival of Fantasy Parade - cha ching! You just watched Frozen Singalong for 20 credits - cha ching! Oh and when it comes to ride lines, the shorter the line the more we pay. People will start waiting for SDD to exceed 50 minutes so they can get the discounted credits price. Don’t laugh - I’m sure the idea has been explored. They just rather us think the potential of our tickets is greater than typical ability.
Heck - if they had keep giving out free magic bands, this would even be simple to do...

My first thought is 'no.' It doesn't really affect us much because we have always have park hoppers and we either plan around it or attend. Plus, we don't really spend the entire day in the parks. But, am I correct in counting over 60 party nights between August and December? That seems excessive. I understand that it has to be available for people based on different vacation schedules. But, Halloween in August seems a bit much. I wouldn't argue that they need to charge less, but I think the bigger question might be 'should they close early as often?'

YES :thumbsup2

This was part of my digital ticket ...

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Guests with tickets to this event do not need to make a theme park reservation in order to enter the park at 4:00 PM or later. If you plan to arrive earlier than 4:00 PM, valid park admission as well as a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom park will be required.

Event Hours

The event takes place from 7:00 PM to midnight.

Event Check-In

Official check-in for the event will take place at the Main Entrance to Magic Kingdom park beginning at 4:00 PM.

Dynamic pricing should go away all together! For something that is open 365, with a very limited change in available experience from one day to the next, pricing should be static. Dynamic pricing is a money grab and a poor attempt at crowd control. Busier times are such because that is swaths of people have the ability to attend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter