Shadiest and most private camping sites

Walkingintheair

Earning My Ears
Does Ft Wilderness accommodate to any preferences of certain camping areas upon request if they are available? And if so is there a certain part of Ft. Wilderness that would be shadier and more private for camping ?

Another question I have is about the grills at Ft Wilderness. I know when I stayed at the cabins, half of the cabin grills were made so you can't remove the grate. This is bad if you are like me and like to use a charcoal chimney (I don't like lighter fluid). What kind of grills are at the camp sites? From the pictures it looks like the kind where you can't remove the grate but maybe they've changed them.

Also, does anybody know an estimated time of when the running/walking path will be open again?

Rumors are that the path between FW and WL may never open again, for “safety reasons” (again, it’s a rumor). I don’t know any answers to your other questions, but I’ll bet you can find lots of help on the Camping forum.

Does Ft Wilderness accommodate to any preferences of certain camping areas upon request if they are available? And if so is there a certain part of Ft. Wilderness that would be shadier and more private for camping ?

Another question I have is about the grills at Ft Wilderness. I know when I stayed at the cabins, half of the cabin grills were made so you can't remove the grate. This is bad if you are like me and like to use a charcoal chimney (I don't like lighter fluid). What kind of grills are at the camp sites? From the pictures it looks like the kind where you can't remove the grate but maybe they've changed them.

Also, does anybody know an estimated time of when the running/walking path will be open again?
are you looking at tent sites or premium/preferred sites? Every site I've been in is very private compared to a KOA, lots of shade and ground growth at premium sites, never stayed at tent sites but imagine they are similar and no you cannot remove the grates in the sites I've been in, I too like a chimney.

Most loops are pretty shaded. There are a few Premium Meadows loops in the middle of the Fort that have more direct sun.
The good news about the Fort is when you arrive, you can ask about getting a shady site at check in. If you get to your assigned site and you really don't like it (too many trees, can't fit, or whatever) you can ask for a different site. As long as a site hasn't already been assigned, they will just switch it for you. This works best earlier in the day before all the site assignments have gone out. And it isn't as easy if you are there during a really busy time (Halloween, RunDisney weekends or Christmas)

I've done this almost every trip.

j

At least some of the grills have a grate that can be “moved” but not completely removed. I too use a chimney starter and have only had a problematic grill once.
To move the grate out of the way just take the handles and slide the grate up the holding bars and leave it at the top to put the chimney starter in the grill. Just dump the hot coals and carefully reposition the grate. Not hard but does take a bit of finess.

I don't believe web site links outside this form are allowed so do a google search "wildernessprincess" .net They have pictures and the details for each site with some of the info you are looking for,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter