~~~SEWING my way to POFQ ~ American Girl outfits & Custom Park Bags! ~~~

Umm, we live much further south and have had the heat on for a while now. It's cold in the mornings. Like right now it's 60 degrees, though it's supposed to get to 79º this afternoon -- I don't think the heat has kicked in this morning as I only have it set at 70º.

I love your dress, but the hair accessories really complete the outfit. I hope D isn't too jealous of your creativity.

I started working out too! Dieting just doesn't cut it for me b/c I really don't eat all that much (though I do make crappy food choices). I have done 4 days of the 30 day shred. It's only 25 minutes so I figured I start with that.

Closing your business? Do you mean your etsy shop?

Sweet! What about poor Piglet?

You are so me -- I don't let the kids clean the playroom half the time b/c they don't put things exactly where they belong.

I live closer to you than D does -- pick me, pick me! I like to organize but not clean. I always clean from the inside out. Closets, pantries the frig all get done first. So the insides look good but the outside not so hot.

So . . . when will you arrive???:rolleyes1 I want to make sure I have at least the guest/playroom ready for you. . .

Oh, wait! you want ME to come to YOUR house... hmm... you do have an embroidery machine... If I show up with a sign that reads, "Will work for embroidery work," will you help me out? :rotfl2:

I have a teapot from which Theodore Roosevelt was served tea. I've been doing some research on him lately (primarily because the relative from whom I got the teapot has since died and I can't ask her to repeat the story she told approximately 4,397 times about the teapot--a couple of my details are a little sketchy).

He was a fascinating person in addition to being president. I highly recommend The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris.

(D~, just helping you to get to 250 pages so you can have a PTR with Cheryl Trivia thread Part 2) :rotfl2:

My father's uncle (great uncle probably) was a minister serving in Oyster Bay, NY. Apparently one of his daughters babysat for the Roosevelts so the wife invited TR (BTW, he hated being called Teddy, so good job Nini referring to him as Theodore) for tea one afternoon.

Hey, D. Are you sure you want me to come back?

PS It wasn't just snow flurries, it's accumulating. :sad1:

I've been to TR's house there! I was a kid, but I can still remember bits and pieces. I forget exactly WHY we went there - it was either because there was some significant railroad stuff nearby or we had a family connection somewhere in the area (Dad was a model railroad buff when I was a kid and had a HUGE layout of the New Haven railroad and Mom is a genealogy researcher and can tell you who we were related to back in caveman times I'm sure)...:rolleyes1

For the record... Nope, it's not a Donald tote. :rolleyes1

Oh, I just have to add... The project I was working on yesterday... :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc I am super excited! :banana: But I can't show you all until it's done, and it won't be done until the fabric I ordered yesterday gets here. I didn't want to order it, I kept holding out, but I just HAD to, or I couldn't finish. :eek: I hate it when I get so focused on something that I can't do anything else until I finish it. :confused3

Conferences today, and grocery shopping. My two favorite things, and I have to do it with DH's truck, since he is taking my car hunting. :rolleyes1

D~

Not a tote . . . hmm . . .:confused3 what could it be?

Have to ask - why would one take an Edge hunting rather than a TRUCK? Hunting for WHAT exactly? Are you really going to let him put a dead animal in the back of your pretty new car???? :rolleyes1 Where's the smiley stirring the pot? I need him ;)

I LOVE it! Can you do FIGMENT????:lovestruc

Lynn

I'm in SERIOUS trouble if you can do Figment! And that totally just gave me another idea for an outfit for my trip :headache::woohoo::idea::yay:

I couldn't give up any images . . . so here's the rest of my post...

Here are the photos of what I've been working on... Or part of what I've been working on.

No one should be surprised that it's Donald... after all, he is my guy.

I made this pouch as an accessory to the other item I am making - but I can't tell you what that is yet. I am planning to use this zippered pouch to store my wallet type stuff while at WDW - it's the perfect size. Notice that ring that is attached to the side - that's to attach to whatever else I might be making. :confused3

I also wanted to add that I quilted this myself. One of my favorite features of the older VB bags, is the quality in the quilting - so one of my requirements is that this must be quilted. I've never quilted before. :eek:

I just love Donald with his messy hair. :lovestruc

aIMG_2137.jpg

Here's the inside - the striped fabric is part of what I was waiting on.

aIMG_2138.jpg

Hopefully this will tide you all over until the rest of my fabric comes. :lovestruc

D~

Again - kindred spirits - I LOVE my old Vera Bradley stuff for the same reason! I like some of the newer pieces, but my older stuff seems WAY better quality than my newer ones. Ah! the things i used to be able to spend money on before I had kids . . .

dang, what are you making :confused3

:confused3 I am starting to wonder if I should have paid for express shipping on that fabric? :rotfl2:

It was definitely later. Maybe not later enough, but definitely later. :lmao::rotfl2:

You are totally right - it was later - but it certainly wasn't later enough. How's the OCDP logo coming along? :surfweb:

Love the wallet! Absolutely adorable! :love::love: Where's mine? :confused3

:lovestruc

LOVE your Donald! Can't wait to see the rest! LOVE the liner and the royal blue zipper and the polka dots and the quilting and the key ring and the little tab over the zipper end and of course Donald!!!!!:donald:

LOL Thank you. Don't let the zippers intimidate you... they are much easier than you think. :lovestruc

I have to make myself a bag sometime. Problem is I don't really have a favorite character. I like Donald and Mickey and Figment and Pluto and Eeyore and Pooh and Tigger and Stitch and Tink. I was thinking of making myself a Figment bag but for now I have a nice small Eagle Creek backpack that works well and no time to sew anything for myself. And I have to overcome my fear of zippers!

See above, I put my answer in the wrong spot. :confused3

I really loved Eeyore and the entire Pooh series and the holiday series too. Love your planner too. I do a one page excel sheet with everything on it. My coworker calls it my Color Coded Matrix of Fun.:laughing:

ROFL I love what your coworker calls yours! :worship:

Work continues to be insane for me but I'll be in Disney in less than 2 weeks so I can sort of see a break in the madness coming for a few short blissful days anyways.

Yay!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip! :lovestruc

My girls have a Girl Scout Halloween party today. Guess i better finish my youngest one's costume. She wants to be a dog but the costume I made her 2 years ago doesn't fit nor the vet one I made last year. I don't remember telling her she could grow. This year I was so insane with work that i just purchased a sweatsuit for the base.:eek: Now I need to make the ears, tail and maybe some spots and a collar. Older DD is going to be a fortune teller so she'll wear stuff we have. I got her a plastic make your own water globe that we'll use for a small crystal ball.

See... you are on top of things! Unlike me... I'm done buying halloween costumes - I never made a single one because this is really the first halloween I could. And I am too darned busy - so I just told them to dig something out of the bin. Although, Victoria went up to my sewing room the other day, and tried to make a witch hat out of my good fabric - I was not a happy camper. At least I can still use it for applique. :confused3

I love your crystal ball idea. :lovestruc

I totally love this. Fabulous job. You are my idol.

ROFL - well, you're my idol... I am currently working on a skirt for dd - and you are truly my idol today. :rolleyes1

D~

So . . . when will you arrive???:rolleyes1 I want to make sure I have at least the guest/playroom ready for you. . .

Oh, wait! you want ME to come to YOUR house... hmm... you do have an embroidery machine... If I show up with a sign that reads, "Will work for embroidery work," will you help me out? :rotfl2:

Oooh - I'll make the sign in Photoshop, and then we'll both go together! How could she resist both of us, AT THE SAME TIME???? We'll just have to hide the laundry basket full of tshirts that need to be embroidered behind us, or something.

Not a tote . . . hmm . . .:confused3 what could it be?

I dunno. :confused3

Have to ask - why would one take an Edge hunting rather than a TRUCK? Hunting for WHAT exactly? Are you really going to let him put a dead animal in the back of your pretty new car???? :rolleyes1 Where's the smiley stirring the pot? I need him ;)

Pheasant hunting... they pluck them and freeze them before they head home... it would be on ice... in the cooler... in the back.

Not like I'd let him take Cherrryl deer hunting or anything. :rolleyes1

I'm in SERIOUS trouble if you can do Figment! And that totally just gave me another idea for an outfit for my trip :headache::woohoo::idea::yay:

I think we need to crack the whip on you... you only have 4 weeks! :wizard:

Again - kindred spirits - I LOVE my old Vera Bradley stuff for the same reason! I like some of the newer pieces, but my older stuff seems WAY better quality than my newer ones. Ah! the things i used to be able to spend money on before I had kids . . .

:lovestruc See, seriously - who can resist VB and Disney combined???? Totally kindrid spirits... and neither of us has an embroidery machine. :rolleyes1 I wonder if Cheryl has one? Well, we know she has a bedazzler - so we can hit her house after we are done at Andrea's. :rolleyes1

D~

D~ I've been watching your progress since you started this pre-TR. Normally, I just lurk around, but I was starting to feel a little bit like a creeper, so I thought I'd at least let you know I'm lurking! :laughing:

Oh and I have a guess for what you are making! (Love the Donald wallet btw) I think it's a FANNY PACK!

Thank you for sharing your lovely creations with the rest of us. I have truly been inspired by your work :love:

*slinks back into the shadows*

You are totally right - it was later - but it certainly wasn't later enough. How's the OCDP logo coming along? :surfweb:

:lovestruc

D~

Well, I have the base, but I can't figure out how to add effects to text. It's been... wow ... nearly 10 years since I used an editing program. :headache:

And its nothing fancy so far. I just gotta find a tutorial on text effects and then we have a simple one. :lmao::rotfl2:

And then someone can go behind me and make a super awesome one!

D~ I've been watching your progress since you started this pre-TR. Normally, I just lurk around, but I was starting to feel a little bit like a creeper, so I thought I'd at least let you know I'm lurking! :laughing:

Oh and I have a guess for what you are making! (Love the Donald wallet btw) I think it's a FANNY PACK!

Thank you for sharing your lovely creations with the rest of us. I have truly been inspired by your work :love:

*slinks back into the shadows*

:welcome: Thanks for comin' out and saying hi! :thumbsup2 I hope you'll stick around. :cloud9:

ROFL about the fanny pack... I guess you saw the pictures from our 2003 trip, and saw how great I look in a fanny pack/sporting a water bottle! :rotfl2: OK - I will tell you that it's not a fanny pack - but good guess. :thumbsup2

Again - thanks for speaking up - feel free to chime in whenever you'd like - the more the merrier. :lovestruc

D~

Well, I have the base, but I can't figure out how to add effects to text. It's been... wow ... nearly 10 years since I used an editing program. :headache:

And its nothing fancy so far. I just gotta find a tutorial on text effects and then we have a simple one. :lmao::rotfl2:

And then someone can go behind me and make a super awesome one!

ROFL... I can't wait to see it! :thumbsup2

D~

Here are the photos of what I've been working on... Or part of what I've been working on.

No one should be surprised that it's Donald... after all, he is my guy.

I made this pouch as an accessory to the other item I am making - but I can't tell you what that is yet. I am planning to use this zippered pouch to store my wallet type stuff while at WDW - it's the perfect size. Notice that ring that is attached to the side - that's to attach to whatever else I might be making. :confused3

I also wanted to add that I quilted this myself. One of my favorite features of the older VB bags, is the quality in the quilting - so one of my requirements is that this must be quilted. I've never quilted before. :eek:

I just love Donald with his messy hair. :lovestruc

aIMG_2137.jpg

Here's the inside - the striped fabric is part of what I was waiting on.

aIMG_2138.jpg

Hopefully this will tide you all over until the rest of my fabric comes. :lovestruc

D~

AHH! This is absolutely AMAZING! I need to buy a sewing machine asap and figure out how to do this stuff....now that my trip is paid off I should just go get one! :rotfl:

AHH! This is absolutely AMAZING! I need to buy a sewing machine asap and figure out how to do this stuff....now that my trip is paid off I should just go get one! :rotfl:

I'm feelin' ya there! I want cute stuff, too! I've been trying to talk my mom into making me cute stuff, but she's all -- "Bring me patterns!" But I dunno where to begin. :sad:

Then again, I should focus on getting my trip paid ... :lmao:

I'm feelin' ya there! I want cute stuff, too! I've been trying to talk my mom into making me cute stuff, but she's all -- "Bring me patterns!" But I dunno where to begin. :sad:

:rotfl2: Well now that I FINALLY have my trip paid off....I think I need to look into getting a sewing machine! Looking at all of these fabulous photo's makes me WISH I could do this! So maybe I will just have to figure it out! :rotfl: But I dont know if I'll ever be able to make things that look so nice! :lmao:

:rotfl2: Well now that I FINALLY have my trip paid off....I think I need to look into getting a sewing machine! Looking at all of these fabulous photo's makes me WISH I could do this! So maybe I will just have to figure it out! :rotfl: But I dont know if I'll ever be able to make things that look so nice! :lmao:

You guys flatter me waaaay too much. I am going to start tripping over my ego soon. :rotfl2:

Anyways, let me refer you back to Chapter 1: Learning to Sew And then tell me that you want to learn to sew. :rolleyes1 Seriously - I have only been sewing for ONE YEAR... if I can do it, anyone can do it. So, go get that sewing machine girls. :banana:

D~ <---who really needs to stop goofing off and get her trip paid for.

I thought that right now would be the perfect time to post a picture of that very first pillowcase I sewed shut. I thought I had the whole thing, but I remember cutting it up to make it a more manageable size... so it's a bit smaller.

aIMG_2140.jpg

There it is... the first thing I ever sewed.

D~

The Donald wallet is super cute!
DH put some shelves in my sewing "room" (closet) today.

No sewing today :sad2:. Hopefully tomorrow once I get the room back in ship shape! I have orders to work on.

So glad I didn't put effort into DS's halloween costume.
We went to trunk or treat tonight...and he didn't want to wear his knight tunic! Glad I didn't make him a new one..the old one is almost too small!

DD got lots of compliments on her mermaid costume :thumbsup2!

They had fun...lots of candy already! No they are ready for tomorrow night!

The Donald wallet is super cute!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

DH put some shelves in my sewing "room" (closet) today.

Wahoo!!! Yay for DH! And I totally think you should call it your sewing room - lets give it the illusion of being large, and then maybe it will be? :thumbsup2

No sewing today :sad2:. Hopefully tomorrow once I get the room back in ship shape! I have orders to work on.

I hope you get back in your sewing room today... I know I won't be able to touch mine...

So glad I didn't put effort into DS's halloween costume.
We went to trunk or treat tonight...and he didn't want to wear his knight tunic! Glad I didn't make him a new one..the old one is almost too small!

DD got lots of compliments on her mermaid costume :thumbsup2!

They had fun...lots of candy already! No they are ready for tomorrow night!

It sounds like they had lots of fun! I just love halloween! :lovestruc

Well, I finished part of a different project last night, it turned out really cute - and dd loves it. But I haven't gotten any pictures of it yet, and I am not sure if I should post pictures of it because I have to make another item to go with it. :confused3 But it is for our trip... :banana:

We have a huge week ahead of us... It's dd #1's first musical play debut - she has a showing today for the school and then two performances (one on tues and one on thurs)... So, our week is jam packed. The musical is Beauty and the Beast - so it's Disney related. :banana: I am very excited for her and can't wait to see her perform! :wizard:

D~

I love EVERYTHING you create, you are amazing! :worship::worship:

The dresses make me so happy and bring a smile to my face and I feel so Blessed Lisa has a D~ original!!!! With her favorite, DOPEY!!!!! I love that Donald change purse AND your planning creativity as well...what an amazing trip you are going to have!

I love EVERYTHING you create, you are amazing! :worship::worship:

The dresses make me so happy and bring a smile to my face and I feel so Blessed Lisa has a D~ original!!!! With her favorite, DOPEY!!!!! I love that Donald change purse AND your planning creativity as well...what an amazing trip you are going to have!

Thank you Judy.

I hope you have a wonderful Halloween, as well. :lovestruc

I can't wait until tomorrow, so I have a bit of time to read the updates in your TR. :lovestruc

D~

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Wahoo!!! Yay for DH! And I totally think you should call it your sewing room - lets give it the illusion of being large, and then maybe it will be? :thumbsup2

I hope you get back in your sewing room today... I know I won't be able to touch mine...

It sounds like they had lots of fun! I just love halloween! :lovestruc

Well, I finished part of a different project last night, it turned out really cute - and dd loves it. But I haven't gotten any pictures of it yet, and I am not sure if I should post pictures of it because I have to make another item to go with it. :confused3 But it is for our trip... :banana:

We have a huge week ahead of us... It's dd #1's first musical play debut - she has a showing today for the school and then two performances (one on tues and one on thurs)... So, our week is jam packed. The musical is Beauty and the Beast - so it's Disney related. :banana: I am very excited for her and can't wait to see her perform! :wizard:

D~

Good luck to your daughter and the play. if you are anything like me your stomach will be in knots until the play is over.

I get physically ill during Miss Cs dance competitions

Happy Halloween!

Good luck to your DD this week at her performances!

I Absolutely love your American Girl clothes. I too am trying to pay our way to Disney this year. I am a school teacher and I tutor dyslexic children in the evening. I told my husband that I was going to put away all of my tutoring money so we could take a trip later this year. I would love to add to your cause and buy my seven year old an outfit for her doll. Can you get me some info.

Happy Halloween!!!

We just got six inches of snow and there is no school because of power outages so we will be trick-or-treating in our snow boots tonight for the first time ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter