Seine River Cruise

I called this morning about the Seine river cruise. I asked about single supplement rate for category D as an example. Per person rate is $6400 or $12,800 for the Cat D cabin, the single supplement rate for the Cat D was &9509. That seems to be about a 50% approx surcharge which seems reasonable to me, but this is my first river cruise so I’ve got nothing to compare. But it was not the full double per person rate.
did you see the Cat S cabin? It's for a single and the price is pretty reasonable. Thinking about booking the 2 Cat S staterooms for my husband and myself...

20 minutes into an estimated "5 minute" hold with ABD.... seriously who ever is responsible for the great idea to interrupt the "music" with a moment of silence should be shot. I keep getting excited that I'm actually being connected, but no it starts up again.
I was in the queue at 8ET, it said 12 min wait & I was through to a rep after 17 minutes.

Didn’t not get my first choice but got my second choice. Some categories were already sold out - S & E for the August sailing. I don’t remember if she said the suites were available. I’m ended up switching my dates to the June sailing. I could also have had October.

Last edited:
I called this morning about the Seine river cruise. I asked about single supplement rate for category D as an example. Per person rate is $6400 or $12,800 for the Cat D cabin, the single supplement rate for the Cat D was &9509. That seems to be about a 50% approx surcharge which seems reasonable to me, but this is my first river cruise so I’ve got nothing to compare. But it was not the full double per person rate.

Tauck Bridges river cruises have a category (the lowest one) with no single supplement at all. We've considered it for our odd numbered family, if grandparents come. If we can't get the rooms we want today on the Danube, we'll probably do that instead.

did you see the Cat S cabin? It's for a single and the price is pretty reasonable. Thinking about booking the 2 Cat S staterooms for my husband and myself...
The S was already booked for August, I got the last S for June, there were S available for both October sailings when I was on the phone but don’t know if it was one or two cabins.

I see I also asked about single supplement for Cat B. Regular rate is $7500 PP, or &15;000 for the cabin, single rate would be $11,039, again approx 50% surcharge.

after an hour, finally speaking with Andy, that hour gave me time to figure out that if I booked my husband and myself in separate S staterooms I'd save $2000. Married for 39 years, it will be a treat to sleep in separate rooms next door to each other...

after an hour, finally speaking with Andy, that hour gave me time to figure out that if I booked my husband and myself in separate S staterooms I'd save $2000. Married for 39 years, it will be a treat to sleep in separate rooms next door to each other...

LOL! I was in a room with DD over the Rhine holiday cruise and it was nice to be in a single bed with no heat gererator next to me! I can't sleep if too warm, he can't if he's too cold. It worked out well!

Happy to see it worked out for you!!

I actually didn't book this because over the weekend DD decided maybe she wanted to go somewhere else for her graduation trip. Sigh...my child and advance planning don't mix, unfortunately. Happy to hear about y'all getting what you want though :)

I actually didn't book this because over the weekend DD decided maybe she wanted to go somewhere else for her graduation trip. Sigh...my child and advance planning don't mix, unfortunately. Happy to hear about y'all getting what you want though :)

I really think our families may be related My Mom was all set to go, then the other day she called, and said she wasn’t sure. She has never flown for more than 3.5 hours, so she just doesn’t want to commit and then be anxious about it, so a different reasons than yours, but still a change in my plans LOL!

So, that puts river cruises out for me for awhile. I’ll see what they announce in May and consider a land based solo trip. I’m happy that some of you are booked and have something fun to look forward to!

I really think our families may be related My Mom was all set to go, then the other day she called, and said she wasn’t sure. She has never flown for more than 3.5 hours, so she just doesn’t want to commit and then be anxious about it, so a different reasons than yours, but still a change in my plans LOL!

So, that puts river cruises out for me for awhile. I’ll see what they announce in May and consider a land based solo trip. I’m happy that some of you are booked and have something fun to look forward to!
Fly Icelandair to Europe. You'll have a break at the Keflavik airport in between, which makes the longest leg (to iceland) more like 5-ish hours, and Iceland to say, Paris 3.5. You can even do a stopover in Iceland if you want, for a day or two (or more!)

Sayhello

Fly Icelandair to Europe. You'll have a break at the Keflavik airport in between, which makes the longest leg (to iceland) more like 5-ish hours, and Iceland to say, Paris 3.5. You can even do a stopover in Iceland if you want, for a day or two (or more!)

Sayhello

That’s a good idea! Icelandair just announced nonstop flights between Keflavik airport and Kansas City, which I’m super excited about! I’d have to fly my Mom down here to KC first since we have to be on the same flight, but maybe we could always meet in Chicago. I’ll see if she’s up for that idea! Thanks for the thought

That’s a good idea! Icelandair just announced nonstop flights between Keflavik airport and Kansas City, which I’m super excited about! I’d have to fly my Mom down here to KC first since we have to be on the same flight, but maybe we could always meet in Chicago. I’ll see if she’s up for that idea! Thanks for the thought
My pleasure! I did this when I flew to London in 2015, and it actually worked really well (met up with friends in Rhode Island, drove to Boston, and went from there to KEF, then to LHR). Their flights were the cheapest at the time, too.

Sayhello

My pleasure! I did this when I flew to London in 2015, and it actually worked really well (met up with friends in Rhode Island, drove to Boston, and went from there to KEF, then to LHR). Their flights were the cheapest at the time, too.

Sayhello

They were having deals on their inaugural flights in May. $255 each way. I seriously considered just booking a trip I will definitely have to keep it in mind for any future European travel. It will be a great way for me to easily get there (and even better if it is the least expensive option)! I’m thinking if she doesn’t go for it, then I’ll be hoping for a Japan announcement and just do that trip There always has to be a positive to look for, right?

Hoping that the water levels on the Siene recedes some before these cruises. Reports out of Paris that the river is nearing an record high level, stopping river traffic because the vessels can't fit under the bridges.

Due to flooding in Paris this weekend ( 27th to 29th Jan 2018 ) there are NO Tour Boats running .
That's unfortunate. One of the hightlights of our Seniene river cruises in 2015 was a dinner cruise along the Siene. Just a wonderful experience!

Due to flooding in Paris this weekend ( 27th to 29th Jan 2018 ) there are NO Tour Boats running .

I really hope it gets better soon. We leave for Paris in 5.5 weeks. I’m sure it will be fine by that time, and I’m sure it will be okay by the time the river cruises are set to start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter