Second Summer

mommasita

DIS VETERAN
Is anyone experiencing this where they live ?

We most definitely are in Montreal and it’s wonderful. There is no end in sight to hot and sunny days. I’m glad we don’t close the pool until October, I’m also glad I now work 7-3

Anyone else ?

I know it’s technically still summer 😀

It’s 90 degrees here in NW Indiana - definitely still feels like summer which I love 😎☀️

We’re also in a bit of a drought. In the last 4 weeks it’s only rained twice and it wasn’t much rain. I’m not complaining though, because I have a puppy and this is the best weather for potty training.

One of the TV weather people pointed out this week that it has gotten to 100 degrees as late as October 10 here. Halloween routinely is in the 80s. So second summer here wouldn't even be until November!

Not second summer - September is doing exactly what it’s supposed to here where the Prairies meet the Rockies. :sunny: Beautiful warm sunny days (18-25C) with nice, cool nights (5-15C). The crops have mostly come in and the leaves are starting to turn so the landscape as far as the eye can see is blazing gold against bright blue sky. It’s a very pretty time of year.:goodvibes

And while we know nothing of second summer, we are very familiar with “first winter”. :laughing: We will almost certainly get a dump of snow between now and Thanksgiving, which will give way to some more autumn until real winter settles in, anytime after Halloween. We do have four seasons here, three of which are some form of winter.

We leave next week for our first visit to the Atlantic provinces on a Maritime cruise. I am dying with excitement to see the lay of the land and what the autumn landscapes are like there.

Last edited:
We don't really get fall. It's been unseasonably cool for us these last few days because of some effects on the western side of Hurricane Francine. Not to worry...we're going to be back to the mid 90s today and for at least the next week and a half.

What is this second summer of which you speak? We are still enduring our never ending first summer until we get our one day of winter sometime in January . . .

I could really go for some breezy mid 70s days right now.
Ha! You beat me to it!
Fall sometime beginning in the second week of Dec.
Winter mid-January for a week or so, then spring in February.
Don't forget very little to no rain from January through May.

It's going to be very warm here in my little corner of New Jersey for the next few days. I don't mind because it's starting to get nice and cool at night and in the mornings. I actually can't wait for Autumn and Winter-I love cool and cold weather.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest