Second Day at Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by WhoFramedRogerRabbit, Jan 12, 2018.

1. WhoFramedRogerRabbit

WhoFramedRogerRabbit Earning My Ears

I'll be taking my second solo trip WDW this year during June. I am getting a 5 day park ticket (no park hopper, I've never been the park hopping type) with 2 days at MK, 1 at both AK and Epcot, and then a 5th undecided day. For my 5th day I cannot decide between doing a second day at Epcot or a day at Hollywood studios. I am the type of person who wants to be in the park every day I am on property. Before the closing of GMR and all of the construction walls, the answer would have been a no brainer but due to my experience at HS last year, I'm debating replacing it with a second trip to Epcot. In my experience I've always felt that I could easily make two days out of Epcot and I always feel the need to rush through World Showcase and still inevitably end up missing attractions in both Future World and World Showcase. Any input on what to choose?

2. kiramay

kiramay DIS Veteran

I’d go back to Epcot if you don’t have hoppers. There’s so much to see there.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. RockNRollKittie

RockNRollKittie Earning My Ears

I agree, since you won't have the hopper I would do Epcot. That way you can take your time going through World Showcase. Definitely worth it!

5. Bete

Bete DIS Veteran

Another vote for Epcot.

6. DisVegas

DisVegas Earning My Ears

My vote is Epcot.

7. srwarden1928

srwarden1928 DIS Veteran

It is easy to do two days at Epcot. In fact as a solo adult, I might pick second day at Epcot over second day at MK. But I would NOT skip a park. I enjoy too many things at EACH of the parks to consider skipping ANY of them. In fact, I tell people who might want to go with me or me with them--minimum of four days, one for each park.

8. Lexx1214

Lexx1214 Mouseketeer

I would have a hard time skipping a park, I love them all. HS also has Star Wars, Muppets, R&R Coaster and ToT - all big draws for me personally. I too would pick an extra day at Epcot over an extra day at MK. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

9. MrKnight

MrKnight Former WDWCM & Proud DIS Member

Epcot hands down! Especially for a solo adult, there is so much to see and do at Epcot, especially around the WC..

10. hes122

hes122 Mouseketeer

I'll be the voice of dissent and suggest HS. There's a good chance that Toy Story Land will be open by then so you'll have plenty to see there.

11. RhodyOrange

RhodyOrange Mouseketeer

I would vote Epcot out of those 2 choices. Much easier to find things to do there than DHS.

I would consider AK if it was me, if for no other reason than to get 1-2 more rides on FoP.

12. adamreisinger

adamreisinger 10+ Year Castmember

If you're set on not park hopping, I'd vote Epcot over DHS for a full day, but you might want to consider adding the park-hopper option for that one day, doing the morning at DHS, then walking or taking the boat over to Epcot to take in the World Showcase.

13. gdrj

gdrj Boardwalk owner since 1999

See sure (not sure if its plenty to see). Rides only 2