Sanaa???

..... Now if I could only replicate some of the bread sauces...

I emailed guest services a few years ago for the red chile sambal recipe, which is my favorite of the sauces. They sent me a copy of the recipe from Sanaa. I also have a cucumber raita recipe, which is my second favorite of the sauces but Sanaa doesn't serve that one anymore. I got that recipe online somewhere and I actually make it into a cucumber salad to go along with butter chicken when I make it. I am gluten free and they also sent me the gluten free naan bread recipe.

I could make a meal of the bread service, especially since they will bring more naan and which ever sauce I ask for seconds of (sambal!), but I do like their butter chicken and need to order that. On a side note, I have had the chicken masala curry from Rose and Crown, which is similar to butter chicken, and it is NOT good.

It’s our new favorite restaurant on property after our visit in November. Only our desserts weren’t top notch. The bread service is a must.

We checked into the AKL and loved our visit to Sanaa. The bread service is amazing! My girls loved their Mac and cheese, and cheeseburger kids’ meals, especially the dessert which was a paint your shield brownie (white chocolate topped/dipped brownie with ice cream) served on a paint palette shaped plate with a paintbrush and different color icing “paint” colors.

Reactions: TJA
It is one of our favorites at WDW. My family of 4 shares the bread service with all the sauces and extra Naan, and a couple other sharable plates. It is a bargain by comparison of other sit-down restaurants, which allows me to have a really nice glass of South African wine with dinner.

Which ones do you suggest for sharing?

Which ones do you suggest for sharing?
Besides the bread service...
The Salad Sampler
The Trio of Grilled Meats (this one is a big hit with our group)
Potjie Inspired--with rice and choice of vegetable dish and choice of meat dish

We get a couple extra plates and treat it like a family-style meal.

Besides the bread service...
The Salad Sampler
The Trio of Grilled Meats (this one is a big hit with our group)
Potjie Inspired--with rice and choice of vegetable dish and choice of meat dish

We get a couple extra plates and treat it like a family-style meal.
Yum! Thanks for sharing.

We loved it (family of 5 - 2 adults, 12 you twin boys and 4 DD) There are certainly more indian/african spiced foods, but there are other items which are not heavily spiced. Such as my FIL ordered a steak and one son ordered fish. The safest dish to order might be the butter chicken, my picky son and DD both loved it. i had it as well, but for me I LOVE indian food and we have an amazing restaurant back home so in comparison my dish was good but not amazing.

The bread service with all the sauces is a fun way to start your meal. We are back in November with just DD and we are planning on just going there for the bread service.

We enjoy it (especially the bread service, as others have already said). One of our favorite things to do is get a reservation just before sunset so we can check out the animals outside before dinner and then again after we eat, using the night vision goggles.

Get the bread service for sure. Lots of variety and something for almost all tastes.

I didn't know you could get more though!

Get the bread service for sure. Lots of variety and something for almost all tastes.

I didn't know you could get more though!

Bread "refills" are not free. I think what the poster who mentioned it means is that you can get another order. Get another order, pay for another order.

Another vote for the bread service. Love, love, love it. Sometimes we will just go to the lounge and get adult beverages and the bread service.

Any reviews on this restaurant?

Our Ratings of Sanaa: (*rev 10/19/2017*)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: A
. . . character interaction: B (views of animals on Savannah)
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Indian Style Bread Service
. . . entrée:.. Beef Short Ribs
. . . dessert:. Banana Kulfi Sundae (available seasonally) or Banana Cheesecake
NOTE1: Has good regional African food. Americanized, but definitely more adventurous than
other eateries. The menu is shorter than other table service eateries, the wine list average,
but the quality of the food and presentation are high. An added benefit is the viewing animals
on the Savannah during the meal (for daylight hours). There are eight window tables and six
more with good views. For lunch, try the Lamb Kefta open face sandwich; for dinner, try the
beef and lamb. Don't miss out on the Banana Kulfi Sundae. We like the bread appy/sampler,
as well as the salad sampler with three salads; either will feed two people. Be aware that items
labeled as "Durban" are highly spiced, best washed down with cold milk! It is out of the way,
but is worth the long drive. This is only one of the five sit down eateries we patronize at WDW.
In our opinion, Sanaa is better than Jiko or Boma. As a PS, they accommodate kids really well.
NOTE2: There has been a MAJOR menu change for lunch. The bread and sandwich offerings are
still there, but CONSIDERABLY toned-down for "heat". I had the Lamb Kefta (aka, Lamb Burger).
It was very tasty and nicely spiced, but no "heat". I asked, and yes, the menu items have
been altered. I asked for some PeliPeli sauce, which is a VERY, VERY hot Indian sauce. If
I put more than 1/32" ball on my fork, my lips and tongue would go numb! This was great, as
any Indian food that doesn't bring sweat droplets to your forehead is too mild. So, if you
enjoy something very spicy, ask for the PeliPeli on-the-side in a ramekin, but use sparingly.
NOTE3: Sanaa is a really good place to split/share meals. It not only helps cut the cost of
eating, but gives you a chance to sample the various offerings.
NOTE4: We prefer the lunch over the dinner.
. . . the fare is a little lighter
. . . the price is better
. . . the appys and salads are the same
. . . the lower number of people eating
. . . the ability to see animals on the Savannah

Bread "refills" are not free. I think what the poster who mentioned it means is that you can get another order. Get another order, pay for another order.

Yep, extra bread doesn't cost much but it does cost. It was an amount that was insignificant enough that I don't remember how much. We got a few extra pieces and that was plenty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter