Sanaa???

avincent

Earning My Ears
Any reviews on this restaurant? We are a party of 2 adults, 3 boys 14, 12, 9. Thanks!

We enjoy it.

The big thing is if everyone in your family are somewhat adventurous eaters.

It's not really for folks whose tastes lean more toward traditional American restaurant menus.

It's our favorite - we go every time we're in Disney world now. The animal watching is incredible, and of course the AKL is an experience all on it's own. The food is mostly Indian with some African influences, so if you don't like spices then it's definitely not for you. The butter chicken is fairly tame, and my mother (who hates spicy food) enjoyed it the one time she went, but that's really the only option I can think of for those who aren't interested in more foreign flavor.

I loved everything about it. The food was great and a rather large bird came over to visit during my meal. I went for lunch and I would recommend going while you can see the animals.

I’m not sure how it would be for kids. One thing to keep in mind is that does take a while to get to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Sanaa is a stop for us each trip. We usually schedule it for an early lunch (they open at 11:30, I believe) so that it's usually easy to get a window seat from which you can see animals on the savanna. One of the absolute best deals is the bread service--five different breads and nine sauces ranging from mild to quite spicy. The rest of the food at Sanaa is also quite good and reasonably priced for a Disney restaurant. Service has always been good for us. As for the spices and herbs used there, it's true that most of the flavor profiles aren't commonplace to many. However, they're not overwhelmingly authentic or spicy compared to their true counterparts, either. So, yes, you'll get some curries, some unusual herb/spice combos, and often will see a deft touch with things like mint or cilantro; yet, nothing is overwhelmingly spicy unless you ask them to make it so. If you're mostly a meat and potatoes or burgers/fries crowd, the flavors may not appeal to you as much. Still, we find it to be a lovely destination and meal each time. Hope this helps!

One of if not the best restaurant on property. A must for us and we are AP/DVC members who are there a lot. lol
We always take out of town friends/family there. Everyone has raved about it.

We ate there last month and it lived up to the hype. It is noisy. If you love Indian food, you should really enjoy eating there. The bread service is wonderful. Almost a meal in itself.
Lots of good options on the menu.

Any reviews on this restaurant? We are a party of 2 adults, 3 boys 14, 12, 9. Thanks!
Look at the menu, my best suggestion. And if you think the kids will have enough choice then you and your husband should be fine. It's a good looking venue, you can see the animals from the window, depending on what time you are having dinner. We really enjoy it. The distinction in the cuisine is the interpretation of spiced verses spicy, a combination of many spices are used to develop flavor of the dishes, but not hot, burning spicy as we know it. At Sanaa I have to request hot, which I really like. And typical of Disney I'm sure you can request some items like grilled fish and steak to be prepared with little to no seasoning other than salt and pepper.

Last edited:
Sanaa is one of our favorite restaurants in all of WDW. In fact, we are eating there again next week! Definitely get the bread service and all 9 condiments. It's well worth it and they will bring you as much as you like.

Sanaa is one of our favorite restaurants in all of WDW. In fact, we are eating there again next week! Definitely get the bread service and all 9 condiments. It's well worth it and they will bring you as much as you like.

Wait, what? As much as you like?

My DH, who is very non-adventurous, loves Sanaa! It is his favorite restaurant on property thus far. To say I was shocked is putting it mildly.

I mean they will replenish the condiments and bread. They do charge for it, but they will bring more of certain items if you want it. Sorry, I should have clarified! Some people make a meal out of the bread service.

It's good. It's Indian influenced but nothing there is particularly spicy. Our kids (3 9 year olds) have enjoyed it on multiple trips.

It is one of our favorites at WDW. My family of 4 shares the bread service with all the sauces and extra Naan, and a couple other sharable plates. It is a bargain by comparison of other sit-down restaurants, which allows me to have a really nice glass of South African wine with dinner.

We love Sanaa! It is definitely worth the drive. We get the bread service with the nine condiments. On our last trip, my daughter and I each ordered off the lounge's appetizer menu (the lamb sliders-fantastic!). They were great with my son's allergy (even brought him his own pita bread so his was separate from ours, just to be safe).

My husband and I loved Sanaa. I agree - the bread service is wonderful. My DD8 was at Simba's clubhouse so we got all the bread and didn't have to share with her. She could've made a meal out of that alone. I had the butter chicken which was very good. Made it at home once and my daughter liked that as well. Now if I could only replicate some of the bread sauces...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter