San Juan post cruise

LOVEMY3KIDDOS

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used Barrachina to store luggage for a few hours after their cruise? I’ve read they will hold luggage until 5. Our flight is not until 5:45 and we were thinking about doing some walking around old San Juan rather than sitting in an airport. Just wanted to know how easy it was and what was involved. It said it was free service but we’d definitely tip. Also not sure on that of anyone has suggestions for amounts. And, lastly, I’m assuming a taxi is required to get there from the cruise terminal. Thank you for any help!!

From a thread on Cruise Critic concerning this:

IMG_8913.jpeg

From TripAdvisor. Not as recent, but shows this as an option a decade ago. These may have been traveling together (one experience):

IMG_8914.jpeg
IMG_8915.jpeg

…I realize we went there during a port stop in San Juan.

If you are coming off a Disney cruise, you will definitely need transport from the cruise port (across the water from Old San Juan; not a reasonably walkable distance - in this situation. 1.5 hours walking).

On Fodor’s, it’s got a positive mention as far back as 2006.

They advertise this service on Facebook and Instagram.

I’d say it’s a safe bet. It’s downhill from the Fort, not a bad walk to retrieve luggage on way to airport.

PSA: Don’t forget to do the mandatory Agriculture Inspection of luggage as soon as you enter the airport!

The airport has expensive food - so definitely eat in town. Maybe grab some snacks for the plane while you are in OSJ.

For my fun:
Fortress, “wild” cats, the walkway outside the city walls and a city gate (from the walkway) built in 1749. The cats are fed and well looked after. I think it has kept down any rodent concerns.

IMG_5443.jpeg
IMG_5429.jpeg
IMG_5420.jpeg
IMG_5425.jpegIMG_5426.jpegIMG_5427.jpeg

Have fun!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest