Rise of Reflections

Well I suppose if you work it out the only WDW DVC ~without~ boat transportation of some sort are:
AKV
RIV

Even OKW and SSR have the DS boats! And Contemporary got the blue flag boats back.
I'd count OKW, not sure about SSR. Resort boats, when used as a convenience feature, are designed to take guests from a resort to some place they'd like to go. (1) The boat aren't exactly close and convient to most of the rooms at SSR and (2) they don't take guests to places that most of them want to go. Sure, many a handful want to see Yehaa Bob. But overall these boat aren't taking SSR guests to a popular destination. The OWK boats take guests to DS which is a popular destination.

Not to mention the fact that finding, restoring, and converting narrow gauge locomotives and rolling stock is a blindingly expensive and VERY long and laborious process.
there's no way this is coming back. This used to be a train without a barrier, berm, or other enclosure that, at points, guests could easily approach. Lawyers aren't letting that happen again. And a fence would be ugly.

I'd count OKW, not sure about SSR. Resort boats, when used as a convenience feature, are designed to take guests from a resort to some place they'd like to go. (1) The boat aren't exactly close and convient to most of the rooms at SSR and (2) they don't take guests to places that most of them want to go. Sure, many a handful want to see Yehaa Bob. But overall these boat aren't taking SSR guests to a popular destination. The OWK boats take guests to DS which is a popular destination.
I know the treehouses are a small small part of SSR but don’t the boats take treehouse guests to DS?

there's no way this is coming back. This used to be a train without a barrier, berm, or other enclosure that, at points, guests could easily approach. Lawyers aren't letting that happen again. And a fence would be ugly.
Of course not. Just pointing out a couple of the more obvious reasons that it isn't. Ones that everyone can understand.

Umm, the SSR boats take guests to DS, just like the OKW and POR/POFQ boats do. SSR boats do not take guests to see Yehaa Bob, other than taking them to DS where they can catch the POR boat. And the SSR boat dock is right behind the Carriage House, so it’s as convenient to SSR guests as are High Rock Springs pool and all the other facilities at Carriage House.

I think you need to look at a map 😅

Even if they went the long way around the Lagoon past Poly and GF, there’s still the water crossing by GF for the electrical water pageant floats…

That waterway feeds the RIvers of America, which they're planning on filling in. Who is to say that they wouldn't move the ELP to the Ferry maintenance marina off Bay Lake and then fill in the whole waterway? Likewise, if we're really just dreaming, they could bring the train around to the back of the park, and create another gate there. They don't enough property to take it around the other side of Bay Lake. There are houses over there, and a public roadway, and the Ferry Marina.

But, as I noted in my original post, there's no way that Disney is ever going to do any of this. Ignoring the ridiculous cost of just refurbing the rails in the campground, you're talking miles of new railroad bed, multiple road crossings, and a potential bridge over water. Plus, the original was on narrow gauge track. The cost to create enough rolling stock to handle the demand is likewise ridiculous, as would the commute time to the MK.

I think the future is either re-configuring the route of either the Wilderness Lodge boat or the Campgrounds boat to include Reflections.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's likely Reflection2 will share the boats with some other resort, most likely FW, except maybe at peak times. The will make it less convenient for both.

Unfortunately it's likely Reflection2 will share the boats with some other resort, most likely FW, except maybe at peak times. The will make it less convenient for both.
If it's large enough, i.e. if the potential number of guests is roughly the same as WL is or FW is, then it may have its own boat just like they do. It's all a wait and see in any case.

The plans show Reflections has its own dock. 900+ rooms would need its own service, or at least dedicated during peak times and shared in non-peak times, in my humble opinion. Lots of years away from figuring that out though!

I’ll just be happy when that path (which I’ve never experienced) reopens from the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness, no doubt including Reflections along the way. Will be great to have another quick service, that will assuredly be better than Roaring Fork, and more dining options as well.
I also think that whatever they build won’t come close to the Wilderness Lodge in terms of lobby, theming, scale and grandeur. Makes me glad I’m a CCV owner.

The plans show Reflections has its own dock. 900+ rooms would need its own service, or at least dedicated during peak times and shared in non-peak times, in my humble opinion. Lots of years away from figuring that out though!
Why do you say “lots of years”. That resort will be complete in probably another 18-24 months, so the need to expand boat service is a very near future problem.

Why do you say “lots of years”. That resort will be complete in probably another 18-24 months, so the need to expand boat service is a very near future problem.

Wasn’t really meant with any sort of precision, don’t necessarily disagree with you. Seems like a 2+ year out thing to me if the project remains 900+ rooms as conceived, and as boats are longer lead time items, presumably (and hopefully) someone, somewhere has a plan.

Guess we’ll see.

Comment below from a FW camper who was evacuated from the Fort due to Milton. They rode the boat back from MK to the Fort dock and saw lots of activity on the River Country site.

Started working on R********* again. Boat captain said it received the green light. I know it wasn't a buss driver but a lot of people and equipment moving around.

Cranes should show up within a week if the reports are correct.

Bama Ed

Wasn’t really meant with any sort of precision, don’t necessarily disagree with you. Seems like a 2+ year out thing to me if the project remains 900+ rooms as conceived, and as boats are longer lead time items, presumably (and hopefully) someone, somewhere has a plan.

Guess we’ll see.
According to transportation CM’s (and their higher ups), one ferry and two cruisers were ordered before covid. It’s a rumor so take it for what it is but🤞
Also, as a tag to that rumor, they were ordered because the monorail is five years overdue for a massive refurb. Not just the cars but the track too.

Current aerials in the link below. Interesting they captured what appears to be an on-site outline of the almost all of the main structure, which matches the original permits (not surprisingly, IMO). Things certainly appear to be moving on site. The only thing I’d take small issue with in the link is his comment about the footers in that one section close to Pioneer Hall - those were done in 2019/2020 and have been sitting like that since.

https://blogmickey.com/2024/10/aeri...s-a-disney-lakeside-lodge-at-fort-wilderness/

Current aerials in the link below. Interesting they captured what appears to be an on-site outline of the almost all of the main structure, which matches the original permits (not surprisingly, IMO). Things certainly appear to be moving on site. The only thing I’d take small issue with in the link is his comment about the footers in that one section close to Pioneer Hall - those were done in 2019/2020 and have been sitting like that since.

https://blogmickey.com/2024/10/aeri...s-a-disney-lakeside-lodge-at-fort-wilderness/
They’re moving quickly. I initially thought it was some preparations but it seems the project is advancing at full steam.

They’re moving quickly. I initially thought it was some preparations but it seems the project is advancing at full steam.
I think even though they had to pause it four+ years ago, they must have always been ready to come back to it. (Especially with all the site work they already did back then.) Everyone’s speculation that they greenlit CFW knowing this was coming seems to be right.

But! Like the article says, they can still do different touches / theming / naming despite moving ahead with the same layout. Maybe that’s “cope” as the kids say, but I’m optimistic! 😅

I think even though they had to pause it four+ years ago, they must have always been ready to come back to it. (Especially with all the site work they already did back then.) Everyone’s speculation that they greenlit CFW knowing this was coming seems to be right.

But! Like the article says, they can still do different touches / theming / naming despite moving ahead with the same layout. Maybe that’s “cope” as the kids say, but I’m optimistic! 😅
Previously approved permits and plans, I'm guessing, are a whole lot easier to revive than new plans. Maybe expect some different theming. I'd love the camping sequences from Goofy Movie, Bambi, Brother Bear, etc. but I think the theming gods might be more interested in Camp Rock and Bunk'd. (Yes, I have kids.)

So a couple of good things worth mentioning about this resort, if things remain mostly unchanged. Other than the lazy river of course 🤞

There is the Tiana Table Service restaraunt. Regardless of its theme, I certainly hope this venue sticks. Great over water venue.

1728987399616.jpeg

There was also two types of cabins. One was treetop like villas and another A frames.

1728986967033.jpeg
1728986926393.jpeg

Unlike PVB and particularly CCV, Disney was actually showing restraint. We know from the permits there are only 8 A frame villas and 5 water facing treetop villas. With another 4 villas (treetops?) that don’t have a view and are also differently shaped. Perhaps making a third type of premium villas.

1728987037759.jpeg

Now I’d be a tad surprised if the interior design remains identical 7 years later, but we actually had quite a lot of details including concept art for all the standard villas. There was also confirmation the project was to include ‘Duo Studios’ or previously Pod Rooms. This link has an absolute ton of concept art for every villa type within the tower, more of the tower itself include a firework viewing area and the lobby. The Presendential suite would be for the hotel side, but there are also grand villas including the three previously mentioned stand alone villas types. Points whales rejoice.

Again make sure to check out the concept art here:

https://wdwnt.com/2019/08/concept-a...r-bear-fox-and-the-hound-pocahontas-and-more/

Surprisingly I was in the audience for this and remember almost none of it.

But I honestly don’t think this project looks bad in retrospect.

Last edited:

Call me when they outline the lazy river....

:rotfl2:

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest