Rise of Reflections

Plans can change of course, and unless they're just teasing us with an extended circular pool vs. a lazy river, the stormwater permits are pretty conclusive on the topic, in my humble opinion. I don't know how stormwater permits work in terms of tolerances for changes after the fact, I would have thought major changes to impervious surfaces would need re-permitting, but I don't really know how all of that works (way above my pay grade!).

1729098422284.png

So a couple of good things worth mentioning about this resort, if things remain mostly unchanged. Other than the lazy river of course 🤞

There is the Tiana Table Service restaraunt. Regardless of its theme, I certainly hope this venue sticks. Great over water venue.

View attachment 903539

There was also two types of cabins. One was treetop like villas and another A frames.

View attachment 903536
View attachment 903535

Unlike PVB and particularly CCV, Disney was actually showing restraint. We know from the permits there are only 8 A frame villas and 5 water facing treetop villas. With another 4 villas (treetops?) that don’t have a view and are also differently shaped. Perhaps making a third type of premium villas.

View attachment 903538

Now I’d be a tad surprised if the interior design remains identical 7 years later, but we actually had quite a lot of details including concept art for all the standard villas. There was also confirmation the project was to include ‘Duo Studios’ or previously Pod Rooms. This link has an absolute ton of concept art for every villa type within the tower, more of the tower itself include a firework viewing area and the lobby. The Presendential suite would be for the hotel side, but there are also grand villas including the three previously mentioned stand alone villas types. Points whales rejoice.

Again make sure to check out the concept art here:

https://wdwnt.com/2019/08/concept-a...r-bear-fox-and-the-hound-pocahontas-and-more/

Surprisingly I was in the audience for this and remember almost none of it.

But I honestly don’t think this project looks bad in retrospect.
Thanks for the link to the original concept art - lots of interior glass in the rooms, sort of an industrial meets rustic vibe - it ‘feels’ too busy to me - but I’m a minimalist & a bit OCD about things needing to ‘match.’
One thing I don’t think will make the Final Cut are those suspended nest chairs, I love the look of them, but suspect legal will nix them - way too tempting for youngsters to get those things swinging enough to take out a darting toddler or a grandma or grandpa who happen to be walking by 😂

Maybe it will be the Liberty Belle that takes us to and from MK. That would be an instant buy for me!

Starting to love this resort design! Hopefully they can keep the ducks out of the lazy river this time around...oy vey!

Thanks for posting this! I never saw the original concept art but you're right - there are some beautiful details here that would make for a special resort. The little moss gardens around the public spaces, the wood vignettes, the branch lighting and natural elements are all a great modernized take on the rustic theme. The industrial touches need to be softened a bit IMO and I'm hoping they don't lean as heavily into the MCM theming (let's send all that MCM over to Bay Lake in the reno there please). Overall it just needs a little more cohesion and a little less contrast in the design - but it has a lot of potential. Based on some of the critiques of the previous plans I was not expecting to like it this much. I'll be eager to see what they make of this!

I particularly liked the idea of the two story fireworks viewing areas. Such a great idea that could really be useful if this only had a more direct view of the castle. :rotfl2:

I have no doubt that this will become my favorite resort easily. The question is - existing association or new?

Plans can change of course, and unless they're just teasing us with an extended circular pool vs. a lazy river, the stormwater permits are pretty conclusive on the topic, in my humble opinion. I don't know how stormwater permits work in terms of tolerances for changes after the fact, I would have thought major changes to impervious surfaces would need re-permitting, but I don't really know how all of that works (way above my pay grade!).

View attachment 903944
This is way outside of my expertise but you’re saying the purple shaded areas are pool area?

“Quiet” pool left, river center, connected to feature pool center-upper-right?

This is way outside of my expertise but you’re saying the purple shaded areas are pool area?

“Quiet” pool left, river center, connected to feature pool center-upper-right?

Yes, that is correct. That shading and labeling is from one of the permits, not added by me. I suspect somewhere outside of the lazy river is a splashdown area for a slide but the plans aren't conclusive.

Yes, that is correct. That shading and labeling is from one of the permits, not added by me. I suspect somewhere outside of the lazy river is a splashdown area for a slide but the plans aren't conclusive.
Thank you! I’m officially in this thread for the long haul.

Still considering buying into Poly eventually, but a lazy river while still having a boat to MK really grabs my attention!

Thank you! I’m officially in this thread for the long haul.

Still considering buying into Poly eventually, but a lazy river while still having a boat to MK really grabs my attention!
I am currently wrestling with whether I would like to purchase direct poly points and use it for this resort at the 7 mo window, or purchase this one when it comes online and deal with the resale restrictions.

I am currently wrestling with whether I would like to purchase direct poly points and use it for this resort at the 7 mo window, or purchase this one when it comes online and deal with the resale restrictions.
I figure if I buy direct (paying that premium), I’d want to have it for as long as possible (future resort booking benefits, later expiry), so a 2075(+?) resort has the edge there.

Mind you thinking about it for 30 seconds longer, I don’t necessarily need the direct benefits to last until age 90… age 80+ is certainly plenty. I’ll have to come up with another reason. Either way though I don’t think the restrictions would be the deciding factor.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest