Sad about lost stuff that wasn’t found…

For the amount Disney charges for the rooms (especially for the Deluxe), checking drawers should be on the cleaning checklist when someone is checking out. It only takes a minute to open and close the drawers. I do not want to open a drawer when checking in and find something strange or gross.

As in any large workforce, I am sure that Disney has some dishonest staff, that keep items rather than turn them in when they find something of value left behind.

I had the same thing happen to me with some jewelry. I left my box of jewelry behind and realized it RIGHT AWAY. I called OKW and told them exactly where I left it. They "couldn't find it" and I went on about my vacation sad that I had lost a bunch of earrings.

About 4 weeks later, my jewelry box was returned to me ... MINUS my genuine diamond studs. That's when I got mad.

--->
I just wanted to say I am sorry that happened. I know it’s a rotten feeling. We have lost several things over the years at Disney World. Sometimes they were things left in a room and sometimes they were items lost on transportation or in the parks. I have filled out many lost and found reports, but I have never received any of it back. These days if we leave it or lose it I just assume it is gone for good.

Last edited:
I remember once my wife left her blanket behind at Disney(all stars I think) it was just a blanet she liked at the time no sentimental value since Disney refuses to provide any type of conforter and she's always cold. We didn't think anything about it just....oh well. A few days later we recieved a package in the mail whith her blanket.

Call and they will bring you blankets. I do it all the time, no need to haul one with you. I travel with people who like to sleep in a freezing cold room. Not me!

I once left a couple of keys (house key and mailbox key) in a dark corner of the room safe at Universal's Royal Pacific resort. Only realized when I got home. They overnighted them to me, thank you Loew's!

Never again will I resort hop. In our rush we just left 2 blankets that the 2year old had down in the bed. We called a few hours after check out and filed a report, but they can’t find them. One was a beloved blanket for the toddler. Yes our fault, but it shouldn’t be that hard to find. Still no luck yet. Been 3 days

Yes our fault, but it shouldn’t be that hard to find.

In an industrial laundry…. Yes. It is that hard. A few hours later… that linen is bagged, already in a huge cart/ dumpster of other dirty laundry bags. Probably lined up with other carts full of dirty laundry. Depending on how quick those got picked up, that particular bag may already be in a truck on the way to the laundry a few hours later. The only way for anyone to find those personal blankets is to hand search thru tens to hundreds of bags of dirty laundry. That’s never gonna happen.

In an industrial laundry…. Yes. It is that hard. A few hours later… that linen is bagged, already in a huge cart/ dumpster of other dirty laundry bags. Probably lined up with other carts full of dirty laundry. Depending on how quick those got picked up, that particular bag may already be in a truck on the way to the laundry a few hours later. The only way for anyone to find those personal blankets is to hand search thru tens to hundreds of bags of dirty laundry. That’s never gonna happen.

^^^ this!

We toured one of the WDW laundries in July on an Adventures by Disney trip. It’s MASSIVE and kind of epic to see. Think thousands of bags of laundry rather than hundreds. And many long conveyor belts where laundry of different sorts is run through machines for the washing, drying and folding processes. Humans do the initial sorting, but it’s fast paced and once laundry gets to the location it’s only sorted by type of product and level of resort, not by specific resort (except GF, it has different sheets and towels than the other deluxes). The metros (the name of those laundry carts) also aren’t necessarily sorted right away, they go into a queue, so depending on when people call to ask about a missing item, it may still be in the arrival metro waiting to be sorted.

So, the item might get found eventually, and they do have a lost and found, so people should file a report and there is a chance it will show up at some point.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest