Running late to BoG breakfast ADR

Things happen. People stay too long. People show up late and are seated anyway. It's kind of like when you go to the doctor, you show up early or on time but the 3 people before you showed up late or there was someone ahead of you has more complicated issues that need addressing. You wait or you leave. People have no idea how it throws off a doctor's schedule when you show up late. You how up 10 mins or later for me, you can reschedule or I can try to work you in by the end of the am/pm
Sorry I got on my soapbox :oops:

That would depend--did you allow the 90 minutes Disney tells you to allow to make it to your ADR?

It is the guest's responsibility to be on time, barring anything out of their control. And in cases of the monorail being down, the CMs will be aware of it, and give the necessary leeway. But if a guest thinks they will be late even before the date of the ADR, something is wrong in their planning and something has to be changed.

Exactly, and I think this is actually more of an issue then any other. Every time I see a post asking anbout a late arrival, and they are not even on their vacation, I wonder how tight their planning really is. I am not suggesting this is the case here, however I believe that evey thread that poses this question can be used as a validation for those others who ead as far as "You will be fine" and then plan to arrive late so they can keep their FP, or stick to a touring plan that makes then late before they even start.

What would happen if you pre-ordered your BoG breakfast and then were running 10-15 minutes late?
Nothing. You'll be checked in and served warm food just like everyone else. They don't cook until you show up, to avoid making food for no-shows.

People have no idea how it throws off a doctor's schedule when you show up late. You how up 10 mins or later for me, you can reschedule or I can try to work you in by the end of the am/pm
...And I've had multiple doctors make me wait an hour+ for appointments that I showed up on time or early for. If I'm only 10-15 minutes late, I certainly expect to still be seen while I'm there. And I always have been.

Life happens. I don't chew out the doctor/receptionist who makes me wait for my appointment that I was on time for, and they accommodate me when I'm running a few minutes late, myself.

Same concept applies at WDW. I've been made to endure long waits for some ADRs, and I've also shown up late to some ADRs (including popular ones like Ohana) and have never been turned away.

...And I've had multiple doctors make me wait an hour+ for appointments that I showed up on time or early for. If I'm only 10-15 minutes late, I certainly expect to still be seen while I'm there. And I always have been.

Life happens. I don't chew out the doctor/receptionist who makes me wait for my appointment that I was on time for, and they accommodate me when I'm running a few minutes late, myself.

Same concept applies at WDW. I've been made to endure long waits for some ADRs, and I've also shown up late to some ADRs (including popular ones like Ohana) and have never been turned away.

That was my point. When people show up late, it ends up affecting the ones who show up on time because it makes the doctor run late.

That was my point. When people show up late, it ends up affecting the ones who show up on time because it makes the doctor run late.
Excuses. Some doctors choose to stack appointments so tightly that appointments tend to back up more and more throughout the day, regardless of when most of their patients show up. It's quite clear which practices do this the most, as some practice have this problem much more than others.

Excuses. Some doctors choose to stack appointments so tightly that appointments tend to back up more and more throughout the day, regardless of when most of their patients show up. It's quite clear which practices do this the most, as some practice have this problem much more than others.
True, some do that but not all. We don't do that at my clinic. But I know of some in town who do. My appts are 30 mins. If you show up 10 mins late, that throws the schedule off as it takes at least 22 mins to do the procedure not counting discussion before or after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter