RunDisney returning to West Coast in 2024

I’ve never done a DL race. I haven’t even been there since I was 8. But I have a week long conference in Anaheim in November!

Just remembering I have a friend who was legacy for Avengers before this hiatus. And apparently got told legacy would hold when it came back.

Really curious if they hold to that. Because I'm legacy for two of the race weekends (Tink and the challenge for the Disnelynad 1/2)

I am SUPER excited for this! Living in Salt Lake, it's certainly a lot more convenient. I only ever got to do Tink in 2017 before they went away (so I at least got my pink and blue C2C). I LOVED the 10K course through both parks and the ease of walking to the start line (at some luxuriously late hour like 5am) from our off-site hotel a few blocks away.

Lots of speculation from Club rD members on how they will build these in. They have almost a year before the new member year to figure it out. I'm guessing they'll include all race weekends at both locations for Platinum and probably raise the price again. I can also see them creating DL and WDW versions of Gold and Silver membership.

I told DH that I'm taking time off from Disney after Dopey 2023 to use that money for family vacations (he won't go to Disney), but I never got the chance to run DL and would love to!

However, being from PA, getting to CA is fairly costly prohibitive! I don't think I could swing that in 2024, maybe 2025 or if I can find a work conference in California around the time if a race weekend 😂

I’ve never done a DL race. I haven’t even been there since I was 8. But I have a week long conference in Anaheim in November!
Hopefully you will be able to see the park decorated for Christmas when you're in town. There is nothing like a DL race. The crowd support and entertainment in the streets of Anaheim was always a lot of fun. Hopefully, that won't change when the races come back.

SO EXCITED!!! I was finally going to do my first RunDisney race in 2017... This is the announcement I was most looking forward to!! I'm already planning to take a vacation day when registration opens so I can sit in the queue 🤣

Very excited! I did Avengers Half (the last runDisney to be held in the West Coast). Not familiar with runDisney at WDW - do those races usually sell out immediately, or are spots available for a while after registration opens?

Very excited! I did Avengers Half (the last runDisney to be held in the West Coast). Not familiar with runDisney at WDW - do those races usually sell out immediately, or are spots available for a while after registration opens?
Mostly fast sellouts, though the 2023 Springtime Surprise 10 Miler is still open several weeks after registration

This is great news! I did the SWLS 10k in January 2017 and have now worked up to halfs (trying for castle to chateau if Paris would restart…) and would love this!

I really want to do one of these since I never got the chance to run at Disneyland, but I shudder at the thought of how awful registration will be, based on the excitement of this announcement. They better have more than one weekend - even if it’s not the previous 4, I hope it’s at least a couple. But I’m also sure that all the people who do every race in FL will also be signing up for all of these. :/

Based on what the Club rD packages will be, may have to look at doing a membership for just this one time to make sure we get in the races. It will come down to what will be the lesser of two evils, paying for Club rD or sitting at the computer on registration date and wanting to throw the computer out of the window.

I really want to do one of these since I never got the chance to run at Disneyland, but I shudder at the thought of how awful registration will be, based on the excitement of this announcement. They better have more than one weekend - even if it’s not the previous 4, I hope it’s at least a couple. But I’m also sure that all the people who do every race in FL will also be signing up for all of these. :/
I expect the first to be really rough just by virtue of being the first but hopefully it settles down after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter