Rope Drop Strategy for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure with Lightning Lanes and Individual Lightning Lanes

We have a trip coming up the end of June and I am amazed by the prices they get for ILL. They are nearly double what we pay at WDW. Do many of you actually purchase these? Are the rides (RotR, MMRR) any different than they are at WDW? If not I think we will keep our ILL spending to Racers only.
Unless Mickey gets insane lines, that ride has zero reasons to do it

Cars if you have a small group can also use single rider to save on that ride

I am a little surprised that MMRR is still on ILL. I would have thought that would have migrated to Genie + by now. I would think if there was a choice between it and ROTR a vast majority would be choosing Rise in DL park, if any ILL at all.

I am a little surprised that MMRR is still on ILL. I would have thought that would have migrated to Genie + by now. I would think if there was a choice between it and ROTR a vast majority would be choosing Rise in DL park, if any ILL at all.
Spiderman also stayed on there for a long time

They must have a system to try to get every penny they can from ILL before pushing to to be part of Genie Plus

I also would assume the line for this ride will jump up once its on the Genie Plus system, so its kinda a good thing bad thing situation

The wait for Racers is rarely low. So ILL makes sense unless you can use Single Rider.

Railway is never too bad and the attraction really starts once you enter the theater and view the queue. Once in the lobby of the theater you are looking at a 20-30 minute wait until the preshow. Then maybe another 5-10 minutes after the preshow and before you board the vehicle. Once Railway goes to LL it will hurt the Stand By wait. If they were smart they would just offer Stand By. The wait would rarely go past 40 minutes. Very similar to Pirates.

For Rise, I just wait until the evening after 5pm (as people are having dinner) or check the app and try to get in line when it is 60 minutes or less.

When fishing for a MEP in DL, let's say you're in the park at 7:30 for EE and at that time, you grab an 8:00 am LL for IJA. How long do you have to wait to see if IJA goes down and still be able to modify so you can actually use an IJA LL later in the day if you don't get a MEP?

Can you still modify the LL while the window is open? If so - playing it a bit safe by 5 minutes - you'd have up until 8:55 am then, yes?

When fishing for a MEP in DL, let's say you're in the park at 7:30 for EE and at that time, you grab an 8:00 am LL for IJA. How long do you have to wait to see if IJA goes down and still be able to modify so you can actually use an IJA LL later in the day if you don't get a MEP?

Can you still modify the LL while the window is open? If so - playing it a bit safe by 5 minutes - you'd have up until 8:55 am then, yes?
I usually modify IJA LL around 815 or 830am so the return time it still early, but gives more time for IJA breakdown.
The before park opening booking is just for the hope that IJA will be down when the park opens.

This is amazing!! I am going to bookmark this and try to read all this tonight. Would you still recommend this for going over the holidays?

Those are closing early June and very well may be back online by July. End dates have not been confirmed yet to my knowledge.

Multiple Podcasts and Youtube Videos say doing Peter Pan for EE is FRAUGHT WITH GRAVE PERIL!

Is this true?
We plan on doing 3 quick fantasy rides at 7:30am, and then MAYBE jumping into PP before 8:00am. This seems more prudent given change that PP is shut down and we lose valuable time.

Do all agree? I assume the wait is not any longer at 7:50am vs 7:30am, and may even be shorter.
Am I Right???

Multiple Podcasts and Youtube Videos say doing Peter Pan for EE is FRAUGHT WITH GRAVE PERIL!

Is this true?
We plan on doing 3 quick fantasy rides at 7:30am, and then MAYBE jumping into PP before 8:00am. This seems more prudent given change that PP is shut down and we lose valuable time.

Do all agree? I assume the wait is not any longer at 7:50am vs 7:30am, and may

answered below

Is this true?

Do all agree? I assume the wait is not any longer at 7:50am vs 7:30am, and may even be shorter.
Am I Right???
I'm curious about this also.

The majority of podcasters and youtubers have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to making the most out of your time at the parks.

Depending on how early you get to Pan for EE determines what your wait time will be. I would still choose Pan over any other Fantasyland ride attraction during EE.

The order should always be Pan, Alice, Dumbo, Toad. Then Snow White and Pinocchio if time allows.

The majority of podcasters and youtubers have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to making the most out of your time at the parks.

Depending on how early you get to Pan for EE determines what your wait time will be. I would still choose Pan over any other Fantasyland ride attraction during EE.

The order should always be Pan, Alice, Dumbo, Toad. Then Snow White and Pinocchio if time allows.

I think the fear of spending EE at RotR, RSR, and PP is that the chance of breakdown or not open is fairly high. One Podcaster (Park Hop and Rope drop) said PP was down everytime she has visited. ANd its better for first time visitors to spend the 1st 30min (with kids) actually doing quick, fast rides. This makes sense to me. We are just going to pay for RSR, even though we may be among the first in the park at 7:30am (due to being on East Coast time our first day there = early risers)

I think the fear of spending EE at RotR, RSR, and PP is that the chance of breakdown or not open is fairly high. One Podcaster (Park Hop and Rope drop) said PP was down everytime she has visited. ANd its better for first time visitors to spend the 1st 30min (with kids) actually doing quick, fast rides. This makes sense to me. We are just going to pay for RSR, even though we may be among the first in the park at 7:30am (due to being on East Coast time our first day there = early risers)
Go to Pan first and if down go to Alice, then Dumbo, then Toad.

Yes you can pay for RSR but why not get in line 5-10 minutes before park opening and have a chance to ride twice.

If the main EE attraction is down just go to the next attraction recommended.

I am a WDW vet. I do the Fantasyland classics like Toad, Alice, Pan, Snow White, or Pinocchio during EE then head to ToonTown to do Mickeys Runaway Railroad so I don't have to pay lightning lane.

At DCA, I spend EE waiting for RSR. I have G+ so I use it on the other DCA attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter