Room Request Question

WNYDisneyDad

Disney Fan
I know there have been many discussions about room requests but I was wondering this:

If you plan to use the TouringPlans room requested, should you still put in a request when you check in through MDE? My gut says it likely wouldn’t hurt if the TP request echos the same request that is put into MDE, however I understand that the check in process on the app isn’t as exact as the request through TP, so there’s a risk that it could “overwrite” it.

TYIA

I don't have the firsthand experience to confirm - but I read multiple places that, as you mentioned, the request upon check-in overrides the TP request and not to utilize it, if you did the TP one.

I used both the TP request and the MDE request and got none of my room requests fulfilled. Oh well, still had fun.

I left MDE alone, but had spoken with a CM on the phone and expressed our wishes, she made a note of them on our reservation. In addition to the this week used the TP request and ended up with a fabulous room. Not the exact one we requested but close enough and with all the same benefits we wanted.

I have always just had Touringplans put in our request. It seems granted about 60% of the time, depending on the type of room we have.

I've stopped worrying too much about room requests. The last couple times this has worked quite well. One time we were upgraded to Club Level, and this past trip we got a room on the top floor overlooking the quiet pool at Yacht Club. Our only request had been first room available for early checkin. Well, that didn't happen and we went to the front desk at 4:30. We did not complain or ask for anything. The room we got would have been exactly what I would have asked for. I think it's total coincidence if you get what you ask for.

We use TA for all our Disney. WDW and Cruise. But I call a week before myself for room request. Each time I’ve called I’ve gotten the room or very close to the room requested.

I email DVC with my requests and also use Touring Plans. I don’t put requests in MDE. I’ve been pretty lucky.

I've stopped worrying too much about room requests.

Same here. I usually use touring plans room finder before I book so that I understand the type of view/location. My main criteria is to be close to transportation, so I only consider the resorts with a “smaller” footprint

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter