ROLL CALL: 12/27/2003 - Who's Goin'??

I booked our excursions this morning too!!! Couldn't believe how many things were sold out, though.

I called at 9 am EST - 1 hour after DCL phone open - and had to go with alternate times or take 2nd choice!! The CM said it had been crazy with the phone and faxes coming in.

So for those who either haven't booked, or like to wait a while, I recommend doing something sooner rather than later - you can always cancel 2-days prior to departure (we are considering doing our own excursion in St. Thomas, but I have a ressie through DCL just in case)

It's getting close now!!! Next we'll be getting our docs:hyper: :hyper:

Have a great day, everyone!

Michele::MinnieMo

We haven't booked our excursions yet. Not too concerned since it's not a really biggy for us. Can't wait though! Less than 60 days to go!

:wave: Hi All -

My DSs are 14 and 11 and both are really getting excited. They are interested to know if there are anyother kids their ages on our cruise.

Perhaps they can start "chatting" before we leave.

Just thought I check to see if there are anyothers out there for them to begin to connect with. Both made friends on the last two DCL cruises and still keep in touch.

Have a great weekend everyone!!:hyper:

:crazy: Michele

Hi there Michelle. My DS is 12 1/2 yrs. old. He really can't wait to get on the ship (besides myself , of course!!) If your sons want to hang with my son, I don't see that it would be a problem. I have only one kid, so he might really want to know also if there are any other kids around his age to hang with.:wave:

Hope all is well with all of you.
::yes::

Can't wait to see you all and chat!!:chat:

Have a great week.

Lisa::MinnieMo

pirate:

Hi! My name is Tara. There will be 10 of us on the 12/27 cruise--myself, DH, two sons N&K (ages 11 and 8), my parents, sister adn her husband and their two kids. It was my parents 40th anniversary this year and they decided to take all of us to celebrate!

This is the first Disney cruise for all of us. My DH and I went on a cruise only once before--Royal Carribean for our honeymoon way back when. None of the others have cruised before.

Hope to meet some of you aboard!

Welcome Tara!! We're glad to have you!!:sunny:

This is our 3rd DCL cruise and we get more excited each time we go.:wave2: You and your family will love it!!!

One of my two sons is 11, so maybe they will connect in the Lab! It looks like Lisa's (Tibbles') son will be there too. They will have a blast.

Each day brings the cruise a little bit closer:earsgirl: :earsboy:

See you all soon!

Michele::MinnieMo

:wave2:

Thank you for the welcome. I'm so excited to have found this forum--instead of workingI'm surfing :-)

I am really clueless as to what to pack. WE will be leaving BWI in the midst of winter--and I really don't know how many swimsuits, jeans, shorts, etc to pack. WIll it be warm on board the ship or only once we get to the islands? I do have a couple of dressy gowns so that is settled at least.

Tara

Welcome Tara,
This is our 3rd DCL, too.

Our kids are DS16 and DD14 and they cant wait to try out the new Stacks club.

On previous cruises we are all in shorts or bathing suits, except at dinner time. Of course, we're from Canada so we find temps in the '60s to be warm in December. LOL.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I have heard conflicting information about the renovated clubs. is it true that there is now a martini/cigar bar? If so-ugh. Living in Maryland, we are so spoiled with non-smoking bars and restaurants. Its wonderful to be able to go to a bar around here and enjoy a couple drinks without being overcome by smoke. Are the clubs smoking or nonsmoking?

I'm sure my boys will enjoy all the kids' activities. They are both very friendly and outgoing and make friends easily. They don't mind being signed up for summer camps if its a topic they enjoy,even if they don't know anyone in the camps. I guess since they are 8 and 11 they will be in totally different activities though.

Tara

Getting excited. Had a Dismeet at a local restaurant on the weekend and saw pix from some recent trips. Really put us in the mood for the cruise.
Just noticed we're down to 45 days!!!
Then we realized we're doing the parks for 10 days before the cruise so we only have 35 days until we actually leave!!!
Starting to panic a little now.
See everyone soon.

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to chime in to say hi. So far, it has been a busy week for me.:hyper: I had a midterm exam yesterday, 2 quizzes today:tongue: :tongue: , have a paper due on Thursday, and my second fitting of my gown on friday!:hyper: (can anyone say wow!!!):earseek:
I also paid for DH and DS tuxes for the cruise yesterday. Hard to believe that it's really getting closer!

Can't wait to meet you all!!:hyper:

Lisa::MinnieMo

Just checking in. I just read on the boards that someone on the 12/24 Wonder got their docs. Ours must be coming soon. I have already started packing the things we won't be using until the cruise. I am just finishing my maternity leave (back to work 12/1) so I am trying to get alot done before then.

Ami

I"m off to WDW for the weekend and then I'll start packing and finish buying everything for the cruise. WE are almost only a month away!

We got our doc's today!!!!!
Went to get the paper this a.m. and they fell in the door. They must have come yesterday. I thought it was a video from Disney that we ordered and it wasn't until I opened it that I saw it was our doc's. I woke Tony right away; now I'm off to study all the info.

:hyper: :earseek: Great news, disneykins!!!

I've been holding my breath waiting to see when we get ours. Hopefully soon.:jumping1:

I'm anxious to see what our cabin assignment is. We upgraded last month from category 6 to category 4 and they gave us "guarantee" instead of cabin number. I check regularly but nothing yet:scratchin

Well - it's getting closer. Soon things will begin to go into the suitcases and we'll be:boat:

Have a great weekend, everyone!!:wave: :wave: :wave:

Michele

:sunny:

I am getting REALLY excited abou this trip!! I have my "formal" clothes already but I need to get some nice outfits for my 11 yr old and 8 yr old boys. I will probably just pick up some nice sweaters and slacks and couple ties for them.

I don't know if we've received our docs yet, as my parents are getting all the info but they have been on vacation for a few weeks. I hope when they get back we will have them. We don't know what airline Disney has booked us on yet either. I just hope the weather is cooperative; last year on Christmas day we had a freak snowsquall and the weather was horrible.

I read on some other boards that some people elect to bring their own beverages (wine, beer, sodas) on board. I took a look at the wine list and was underwhelmed, so our three families are each going to bring wines with us, and champagne for New Years Eve. I figure it will save a lot of money also. I understand that you just pay a corkage fee if you take the bottles to dinner. Has anyone else done this before?

Tara

Got our documents today too. :) Was I ever shocked, it seems so early!

We're really getting close now!!

We haven't received our docs yet, and I'm so anxious to get them I can hardly stand it!

We've got our formal wear ready to go too and are getting things ready to pack in the next few weeks.

I keep thinking "six weeks from today, we'll be ...." everyday this week.

Have a great day everyone

Michele

Haven't got DOCS yet either, but had booked through DVC, so we usually get them "late". Just booked our excursions yesterday and we got everything we wanted. Now the packing part is going to begin after Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter