Rogers the Musical coming to DCA this summer!! **Edit: Opens 6/30**

That looks fun. :-) I didn't watch the whole thing but noticed that it was nearly 35 minutes, which is a decent length. I think there was speculation about it only being 20 minutes before Disney announced that there would be seven songs.

I guess there are too many Avengers to have them all there? I don't know much about the MCU, but I didn't see Doctor Strange in the big ensemble piece.

If it's "Save the City", then Doctor Strange wasn't yet part of the MCU for the first Avengers film that number is based on. Not that the musical number was accurate to the movies anyway (that was part of the joke in the Hawkeye series), but Doctor Strange wasn't around yet.

(I'm trying not to watch the video, because I'll be at the parks tomorrow and want to see the show with mostly fresh eyes! Let's hope I have better luck with that queue than I did with OBB.)

If it's "Save the City", then Doctor Strange wasn't yet part of the MCU for the first Avengers film that number is based on. Not that the musical number was accurate to the movies anyway (that was part of the joke in the Hawkeye series), but Doctor Strange wasn't around yet.
Thank you, Lisa. Yes, I was referring to "Save the City." I was too lazy to go back and watch "Hawkeye" to see who was in that version, but I probably had the same question about Doctor Strange when that aired, too. :-)

That looks fun. :-) I didn't watch the whole thing but noticed that it was nearly 35 minutes, which is a decent length. I think there was speculation about it only being 20 minutes before Disney announced that there would be seven songs.

I guess there are too many Avengers to have them all there? I don't know much about the MCU, but I didn't see Doctor Strange in the big ensemble piece.
I only skimmed parts because I'll be seeing it this weekend

I've seen many not happy how simple it all is but....its for two months. It will be a fun thing to remember happen but also glad it wont be here for years

I really hope we get an Aladdin level show again, I saw it over 20 times and it never got old

I saw one of the previews yesterday and came away rather impressed. They captured the camp and fun of the Hawkeye version, the performers were really talented (particularly when singing), and the production values quite good. The one weak point in my show was that the actor who played Nick Fury (who sings a rapid-fire song along the lines of "I am the very model of a modern major general...") who didn't enunciate very well so it was impossible to understand his lines.

It's great to have another live show back at DLR and to have something in the Hyperion that's going to help siphon hundreds of guests at a time out of the walkways and away from other attractions. Personally, I won't pay for the premium viewing package or fight for a VQ slot, but if I'm walking by the theater around showtime and they're taking stand-bys, I'd happily watch it again. I suspect it's going to be popular with those who get that it's not supposed to be a legit Broadway-style production, and disappointing for those who don't.

I know its opening day but the Paid passes sold out by 9amish this morning for all showtimes.

So heads up if you want the VIP ticket you might need to rope drop the park and wait in a pretty big line for that

I'm going tomorrow and for sure will just be doing it through Virtual Q

I know its opening day but the Paid passes sold out by 9amish this morning for all showtimes.

So heads up if you want the VIP ticket you might need to rope drop the park and wait in a pretty big line for that

Thanks. So they’re definitely opening Studio Catering before 11 for the package. Helps with planning!

THANK YOU for this report!

Thanks for the heads up. We'll be in DCA a week from today, and we get Early Entry, so will definitely try to take advantage. Hopefully it won't be as crazy after the first couple of days.

I saw one of the previews yesterday and came away rather impressed. They captured the camp and fun of the Hawkeye version, the performers were really talented (particularly when singing), and the production values quite good.
So kind of campy but not self-mocking, right? It's in a very different context now than when we had Clint Barton rolling his eyes at it!

The one weak point in my show was that the actor who played Nick Fury (who sings a rapid-fire song along the lines of "I am the very model of a modern major general...") who didn't enunciate very well so it was impossible to understand his lines.
Ah, so they found someone who could accurately replicate Samuel L. Jackson's acting "talents."

It's great to have another live show back at DLR and to have something in the Hyperion that's going to help siphon hundreds of guests at a time out of the walkways and away from other attractions.
Yes, that's always a good thing!

...I suspect it's going to be popular with those who get that it's not supposed to be a legit Broadway-style production, and disappointing for those who don't.
OC Register had a similar opinion:
Review: Disneyland delivers the Marvel musical you didn’t know you wanted or needed
If you’re a fan of musical theater or Marvel superheroes, you'll absolutely love 'Rogers: The Musical.' If not, you should probably go ride the Incredicoaster.
(sorry about the paywall, might be found at an affiliated site for free)

Thanks. So they’re definitely opening Studio Catering before 11 for the package. Helps with planning!
Today they actually used the Hollywood Lounge which is in the same area as the studio catering truck and made a lot more sense. People were lined up along the left side of Buena vista street up to the rope before opening. The line proceeded in an orderly fashion into a queuing area between the backlot stage and the monsters Inc ride queue. All shows were sold out by 9ish.

I saw Rogers The Musical on Youtube today and I honestly say this musical will be one of Disneyland's best shows and it will be number one in Disneyland shows. The beginning intro with The Starkettes was so fun and the song was very high energy and brings to mind music of the 40's. On Steve Rogers himself and I don't know who plays him but whoever plays him plays Steve with such talent and really makes Steve shine. And it was awesome to see Bucky Barnes have a special role in the play and whoever plays Bucky is also talented as well and Peggy Carter was so wonderful and I swear it seemed like a 40's soap opera. I also liked the song with mentions of I Love Lucy and Star Wars and it was fabulous. Of course Rogers The Musical has a wonderful finale with the song I Can Do This All Day and it carries an important message on never giving up on your dreams. I was impressed with this musical and I hope Marvel and Disneyland do others like Rogers The Musical in the future
Dodger
P.S. Is there gonna be a cast recording album of Rogers The Musical gonna be released soon?

See any opening day reports of how fast the VQ moves on this yet? I know it’s only been one day….😎

See any opening day reports of how fast the VQ moves on this yet? I know it’s only been one day….😎
I did not see any opening day reports for Rogers The Musical on Youtube but they did have a lot of cast and crew interviews and audition videos but I found the first video of the first showing that I watched and it's a lot of fun to see. I was gonna get my mom to watch Rogers The Musical with me but she was busy working and paying bills but maybe tomorrow I'll show it to Mom
Thanks for writing Blue22
Dodger

The first VQ sold out in three seconds yesterday (per CMs at the entrance); the second one went fast but I don’t know how fast.

The entire Balcony section was reserved for standby.

The actual queue to enter the theater was really messy - they can’t start filling the courtyard area until the previous show gets out, and the shows were having some tech delays and so there were literally hundreds of people just stampeding the area… hopefully they fixed that today.

If you don’t mind the balcony, then unless they change the procedure, you can totally get in on standby. They were letting people in that line minutes before the shows.

The first VQ sold out in three seconds yesterday (per CMs at the entrance); the second one went fast but I don’t know how fast.

The entire Balcony section was reserved for standby.

The actual queue to enter the theater was really messy - they can’t start filling the courtyard area until the previous show gets out, and the shows were having some tech delays and so there were literally hundreds of people just stampeding the area… hopefully they fixed that today.

If you don’t mind the balcony, then unless they change the procedure, you can totally get in on standby. They were letting people in that line minutes before the shows.
Do you know where people were lining up for standby? Also, any idea how the view is from the balcony? I might try for premium seating, but it's good to know there's at least a chance I can see the show if I can't get that or the VQ. Thanks!

Do you know where people were lining up for standby? Also, any idea how the view is from the balcony? I might try for premium seating, but it's good to know there's at least a chance I can see the show if I can't get that or the VQ. Thanks!
They eventually had standby on the right side of the street (like the side with the Animation building), but I really hope they changed the line procedures because it was truly a mess.

It’s a small theater, so the balcony is ok. I mean, I’d rather sit closer, but it’s fine. Better than not seeing it at all. And it’s a cute show but I wouldn’t want to pay $30 per person to see it.

I saw the show

Its better in person, I had a good time. The show moves very quickly and the only part I was meh on, was the Nick Fury part the other songs were fun enough

As for VQ, I refreshed right at 10 AM and got the 2 PM show. I got there around 10 mins before the show started and was let in for the top section, it was a great view. So unless you want to wait for a lower spot, I'd say get a VQ at 10 AM and show up a few mins before and enjoy the park over waiting 30-60 mins for a 35 min show

I saw the show

Its better in person, I had a good time. The show moves very quickly and the only part I was meh on, was the Nick Fury part the other songs were fun enough

As for VQ, I refreshed right at 10 AM and got the 2 PM show. I got there around 10 mins before the show started and was let in for the top section, it was a great view. So unless you want to wait for a lower spot, I'd say get a VQ at 10 AM and show up a few mins before and enjoy the park over waiting 30-60 mins for a 35 min show
Just confirming you mean 10:30 not 10am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter