ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh this is killing me. I was totally sure today would be the day I would hear back!

I've convinced myself if I don't here back by tomorrow it's probably taken.

Though it seems like no one has heard anything today, so maybe they don't do Monday and Thursday reviews and it was just happenstance it's been those days the last few weeks.

I'll be interested to see what happens for you. I looked pretty hard at that contract and another similar one on the same site.

I continue to be amazed at the variations in prices. One website I noticed today had a contracted listed $11/pt higher than the sale pending right next to it. But the higher one was a stripped contract and lower one was loaded. Hard to make sense of what is a good price....

Yeah, the prices do vary quite a bit. We offered $8 below listing price, and they countered with the $78, which was $5 below listing.

Ugh this is killing me. I was totally sure today would be the day I would hear back!

I've convinced myself if I don't here back by tomorrow it's probably taken.

Though it seems like no one has heard anything today, so maybe they don't do Monday and Thursday reviews and it was just happenstance it's been those days the last few weeks.

Maybe they keep it random to drive everyone crazy?!?

Yeah that would be interesting if they would change it to contract price after agreement. I have been able to match a few up on here to the listing I saw.

Of course from site to site there is big differences, but was really surprised that much difference on same site. I'm guessing on the lower priced sites they tend to get full asking price. I know there are several contracts listed under Sale Pending that I would have been willing to pay them more than asking price:).

Yeah, the prices do vary quite a bit. We offered $8 below listing price, and they countered with the $78, which was $5 below listing.

I didn't want to say anything but $75 was exactly what I was going to offer. So at least I know they wouldn't have taken it. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for so decided to wait, but hope it goes through for you. I did offer $80 on another one, but they would only come down to $85. I thought I was stepping up because it was exactly what I wanted...LOL.

ROFR Tool Updates - 3/30/2017
  • switched to web-friendly fonts
  • moved guaranteed/fixed week notation to separate query at the bottom to de-clutter the resort list
  • renamed WLV to BRV@WL, listed as "Wilderness Lodge: Boulder Ridge" in the pull-down
  • added CCV@WL, listed as "Wilderness Lodge: Copper Creek" in the pull-down

cadexrider---$112-$12328-100-BCV-Mar-0/16, 197/17, 100/18, 100/19- sent 3/16
About to close on a 222 point beach club purchase and this 100 point contract showed up. A little pricey but has alot of points available, couldnt resist lol.

well, we're two weeks today. Starting to worry that this one will be taken. The only saving grace is that it seems no one is hearing anything the last few days. Hoping tomorrow is the day!! At least we closed on the 222 point BCV contract, this time next week we should have a dvc account!!

• moved guaranteed/fixed week notation to separate query at the bottom to de-clutter the resort list
  • renamed WLV to BRV@WL, listed as "Wilderness Lodge: Boulder Ridge" in the pull-down
Great job ScubaCat thanks for keeping this great resource going along with Pangyal. You guys are awesome!

I didn't realize if this thread is a team effort of pangyal and ScubaCat.

Just found this thread and very excited as to find a treasure. Thank you pangyal for maintaining this thread as well as previous people who maintained previous ROFR threads.

Thank you ScubaCat as well. Thank you both! :worship:

Well my name is right in the URL, after all... http://rofr.scubacat.net

:)

Happy to help as always, although @pangyal does most of the work. I just take all the credit since she and her family are usually at DVC resort while I'm busy slaving away at the office. (Oh, the perks of having 85,000 points.... :rotfl::thumbsup2)

Last edited:
Since recent discussions were discussing about offer and listing prices, I just wonder if anyone ever successfully purchased a contract 10 - 15 % below asking price on current market. Anyone would like to share experiences or opinions? TIA!

These are great! Glad we decided on the formatting for BRV/CCV before the new thread starts up on Saturday...

Thank you so much as always for this amazing tool and your constant tweaking to make it better!

Thank you ScubaCat as well. Thank you both! :worship:
You are most welcome! It was an invaluable tool when I was looking as well.

I used to slave away in solitary on this thread, but as I never miss a chance to say, the ROFR tool has changed my life!!!

well, we're two weeks today. Starting to worry that this one will be taken. The only saving grace is that it seems no one is hearing anything the last few days. Hoping tomorrow is the day!! At least we closed on the 222 point BCV contract, this time next week we should have a dvc account!!

Doesn't seem like anyone has heard on any boards since Monday. It's not just you. :)

Thank you!

These are great! Glad we decided on the formatting for BRV/CCV before the new thread starts up on Saturday...

Thank you so much as always for this amazing tool and your constant tweaking to make it better!

It's such a great resource. Thanks to you both!!!

It's a pleasure as always. I was going to update it tomorrow night but I had a rare quiet moment at work today and decided to just knock it out. Eventually I'll get rid of all the oldschool HTML and make it look 21st century... maybe when the next resort opens :)

It's such a great resource. Thanks to you both!!!

I live to serve.

Thanks for making me snort Fresca on my new computer keyboard.

God invented the disney resort refillable mug specifically for situations like this. It's a pleasant, quick walk down to the BCV marketplace from the villas.... my morning ritual :drinking1

Last edited:

I say it passes. Welcome home to the #1 DVC resort! :D

Littlelulu01---$80-$5109-50-AUL-Jun-0/15, 0/16, 50/17, 50/18-Subsidized dues- sent 3/15, passed 3/30

So excited! We passed today. 50 points will work well for us. We love Maui but hotels in Hawaii are getting so expensive. Figure husband and I can get 6 nights hotel every other year with those subsidized fees and then on off years we can still go to another island. Flights from west coast are much easier and less expensive for Hawaii vs WDW. Usually arrive late night and return on the red eye so will stay at airport hotel first night and then drive to Aluani early am. For years when we want to bring adult kids we can try for 7 months with our other points in A larger unit. Hopefully we will stick to this plan and not be hunting for a bigger contract anytime soon. I figured that with such minimal fees it's not a burden to pass on when we are done. Actually put this contract in just daughter and myself names to make it easier to pass on. She's young enough to hopefully get the full contract use out of it. And husband and I, in late 40's, will definitely benefit for couples trips for the next few years.

I say it passes. Welcome home to the #1 DVC resort! :D
well i hope you are right. My original 222 contract at BCV went through last month so this is an add on, as Ive learned from this board, you can never have enough points!!

Last edited:
Hopefully we will stick to this plan and not be hunting for a bigger contract anytime soon.

I give it 3 months until you inform us of your first add-on. lol. It's inevitable.

well i hope you are right. My original 222 contract at BCV went through last month so this is an add on, as Ive learned from this board, you can never have enough points!!

Same UY I hope! We have 2 BCV contracts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter