ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a newbie question, how are you contacted with the news of passing or taking? Email or phone?

I have a newbie question, how are you contacted with the news of passing or taking? Email or phone?

I was contacted by email from the broker when I passed. What I have heard is that typically you get a call if you are taken and usually its from the title company

Buyer decided to not sell, done before we heard from Disney so not sure if it would have passed.

:( Boo.

I placed an offer last night and when I looked this morning it was gone from the website. I called and apparently the seller got cold feet and decided not to sell, so I was off to looking again.

After 3 offers placed in the last 18 hours, and we finally had one accepted.

First contract was pulled from market by seller with cold feet, second one accepted an offer minutes before I made mine, third was finally accepted.

As soon as I get a contract signed, I will add it here. Heaven knows, I don't want to jinx it.

Boo! I was hoping this one would go through! Hopefully another one pops up.

Best of luck!
Thank you I’m really not good at this. Last week I was fine. This week, I’m thinking if this sale doesn’t go through I’m might just purchase it direct on my next trip to WDW next month in 3 weeks. Anyone know, is that the way to do it or is it just as easy to purchase direct over the phone?

Last edited:
Thank you I’m really not good at this. Last week I was fine. This week, I’m thinking if this sale doesn’t go through I’m might just purchase it direct on my next trip to WDW next month in 3 weeks. Anyone know, is that the way to do it or is it just as easy to purchase direct over the phone?

Hopefully the Disney ROFR staff don't read these posts!

I think you can do it either way - my guess is only benefit doing at WDW is you might get some free perks (ice cream?) and extra fast passes.

Hopefully the Disney ROFR staff don't read these posts!

I think you can do it either way - my guess is only benefit doing at WDW is you might get some free perks (ice cream?) and extra fast passes.

LOL. We went back and forth between direct and resale and in the end the "perks" weren't enough to justify the price differences. Yes, buying direct you'll get more years on a new property but for us that wasn't a big deal either. For add-on points going direct is not a bad option. First time buyers, like we would have been, just made it too expensive for the points we wanted. But we did get a gift card and fast passes for our time :)

Last edited:
If you have plenty of time on your next trip, then I'd do it there. If for nothing but the extra fast-passes. If you're adding on, then you can easily do that over the phone with them sending you the closing documents. I'm not so sure about a first time purchase.

Actually, my first purchase in ‘09 was for a 160pt VGC contract that was purchased direct. The resort hadn’t opened yet & CA notaries refused to complete our paperwork as nothing could be left blank. We had a trip planned to WDW so we just waited & Disney took care of the paperwork. I loved the DVC center at SSR, they really make everything so pleasant & easy. Of course, at a top dollar price! Fast forward to ‘13, knowing we’d be moving to NC & finally learning about the resale market, we sold VGC, and turned around & purchased a 175pt SSR resale contract & pocketed $4k. I like all the resorts and even like a split stay.
But HHI is different and we like going there for certain holidays (I’ve paid cash for the nights I couldn’t get) I’m realizing right now, just writing here has calmed me. For this pending contract, I’d be saving about $3k, which help justify the higher annual dues. And I’m seeing from other posts, there are many that have to try a few times to finally succeed. Guess, I just need to summon my patience....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter