**ROFR Thread 2015 July-December** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our agent told us to expect 30 days for ROFR. We are now waiting for estoppel; agent said it should take two to three weeks at best. Our first contract, although my brother has had BWV since 2007.
Sorry to be a downer, but estoppel is running five to six weeks right now. Not sure where your broker is getting that information, but that is outdated. Just to make sure you have realistic expectations of the timing!

Our agent told us to expect 30 days for ROFR. We are now waiting for estoppel; agent said it should take two to three weeks at best. Our first contract, although my brother has had BWV since 2007.
Have you jumped over to the waiting for estoppel thread? Congratulations on your first contract!

Pangyal- $80- $17500- VWL- Dec.- 200/14, 200/15, 200/16 buyer pays 2015 MF and closing

This passed today, yay! Just in time for two years of ongoing construction!

Pangyal- $80- $17500- VWL- Dec.- 200/14, 200/15, 200/16 buyer pays 2015 MF and closing

This passed today, yay! Just in time for two years of ongoing construction!
congratulations! You will love those points for many years to come!:goodvibes

congratulations! You will love those points for many years to come!:goodvibes

Ha ha ha I know and already updated my signature lol. VWL was the one we've been really wanting for a while, but contracts are hard to find!

Patrix---$127-$20,320-160-VGC-June- 0/'14, 29/'15, 160/'16 - sent 6/7

We passed on 7/2!! We had to call the broker today to find out we had passed (I assumed she would have contacted us). We had sent multiple emails, but no response until we called today :badpc:. Oh well, at least we now know we passed. :banana:

We passed on 7/2!! We had to call the broker today to find out we had passed (I assumed she would have contacted us). We had sent multiple emails, but no response until we called today :badpc:. Oh well, at least we now know we passed. :banana:
That is awesome, congratulations!!! So strange they didn't let you know, but at least you are well into the estoppel wait already!:thumbsup2

Ha ha ha I know and already updated my signature lol. VWL was the one we've been really wanting for a while, but contracts are hard to find!
Wow, you have quite the signature!!! Just out of curiousity . . . how do you use your points with all your different resorts? Do you go to each of the every year, or save up a couple of years, or use the points at other resorts? We are only VGC owners, so I am pretty clueless as to how to handle the WDW resorts.

wallygirl---$105-$11285-100-BCV-Feb-10/14, 100/15, 100/16. Sent 6/19

PASSED TODAY!!! Woot woot! :flower1:

scootert -- $82 - $13,284-162-BWV-Dec-132/'15, 162/'16 - sent 6/16, Did not pass ROFR 7/13

Broker said Disney has been aggressively buying back BWV in the last week. We're the seller - sad because we were selling to family members.

scootert -- $82 - $13,284-162-BWV-Dec-132/'15, 162/'16 - sent 6/16, Did not pass ROFR 7/13

Broker said Disney has been aggressively buying back BWV in the last week. We're the seller - sad because we were selling to family members.
Oh no, I'm so sorry :(! That's interesting to hear about BWV, though.

Last edited:
Wow, you have quite the signature!!! Just out of curiousity . . . how do you use your points with all your different resorts? Do you go to each of the every year, or save up a couple of years, or use the points at other resorts? We are only VGC owners, so I am pretty clueless as to how to handle the WDW resorts.

We are in Toronto, so flights to the US are really pricey all the time. It means that we have to plan up to two years in advance and plan to take anywhere from 7-14 day trips each time, so no weekend getaways. That length of time eats up points quickly, even in studios. My mom is coming for two trips this year, so we are getting one-bedrooms for our two winter trips, then a studio for SWW in May. 2 trips a year has been the norm, but we were previously going to all-inclusives in the Caribbean in February every year and for the first time are trying WDW at the same time, so we will see how 3 trips this year goes. Hopefully no burnout, but ask me after next May. Our 6 year-old will have strong opinions, I'm sure ;).

We bought enough points on each contract that half of each will pay for the MF every year (we rent them out), and we look at where we want to stay for the upcoming UY for each resort so we'll know whether we should rent out, bank, or leave be the points from each resort. There are 3 different UYs so it's not that bad. Hubby made me a spreadsheet so I can plan to my heart's content lol. If the rental market tanks, we made sure that we would have enough annual income to pay the MFs and would have some great vacations, so we've been careful in purchasing. I just didn't want to play the waiting list game for 7-month availability for places like VWL at Christmas, Concierge at AKL, BLT for the Christmas Party, or BWV for walking to DHS during Star Wars Weekends or the RunDisney events, so we diversified.

We bought into so many resorts because we literally bought where we wanted to stay for BLT, BWV, AKL, and now VWL, but OKW is just for cheap points to use to stay at places like Aulani, where we're going for the first time in 2017 if all goes well. We haven't stayed at OKW yet, but I'd like to!

That is such a bummer!! So sorry!!:(

We are in Toronto, so flights to the US are really pricey all the time. It means that we have to plan up to two years in advance and plan to take anywhere from 7-14 day trips each time, so no weekend getaways. That length of time eats up points quickly, even in studios. My mom is coming for two trips this year, so we are getting one-bedrooms for our two winter trips, then a studio for SWW in May. 2 trips a year has been the norm, but we were previously going to all-inclusives in the Caribbean in February every year and for the first time are trying WDW at the same time, so we will see how 3 trips this year goes. Hopefully no burnout, but ask me after next May. Our 6 year-old will have strong opinions, I'm sure ;).

We bought enough points on each contract that half of each will pay for the MF every year (we rent them out), and we look at where we want to stay for the upcoming UY for each resort so we'll know whether we should rent out, bank, or leave be the points from each resort. There are 3 different UYs so it's not that bad. Hubby made me a spreadsheet so I can plan to my heart's content lol. If the rental market tanks, we made sure that we would have enough annual income to pay the MFs and would have some great vacations, so we've been careful in purchasing. I just didn't want to play the waiting list game for 7-month availability for places like VWL at Christmas, Concierge at AKL, BLT for the Christmas Party, or BWV for walking to DHS during Star Wars Weekends or the RunDisney events, so we diversified.

We bought into so many resorts because we literally bought where we wanted to stay for BLT, BWV, AKL, and now VWL, but OKW is just for cheap points to use to stay at places like Aulani, where we're going for the first time in 2017 if all goes well. We haven't stayed at OKW yet, but I'd like to!
You guys sound very organized about your vacations! :goodvibes That must be so fun to have all those different resorts to play with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter