• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riviera Resort

Just looking at the physical attributes of the villas and buildings themselves, I Disney still doesn't have 5 star resorts IMO.

Knowing a little about what it takes to be a 5 star resort, I agree. The Four Seasons is the only hotel on property that might garner that prestigious assignment. And they are not a "Disney" hotel.

Knowing a little about what it takes to be a 5 star resort, I agree. The Four Seasons is the only hotel on property that might garner that prestigious assignment. And they are not a "Disney" hotel.
It's not that I personally want/need 5 start properties, the usual DVC/Marriott level is fine with us. However, in this context of what they could do to make this a flagship resort on par with VGF or to give it similar demand, it would take an uncharacteristic points table, rooms that were high demand due to the setup, a resort so posh that location didn't matter as much, other options that people couldn't live without like free DDP or free passes like OKW back in the day or similar. Even if nicer than BCV/BWV I don't see any way they can leverage the Gondola system to even out the demand and they don't have a track record of creating other benefits that would compensate like cheaper points or other amenities. Are there things they could do, sure, lots they could do. But I always think back to SSR and the options they had there to even out demand that they left on the table and then there's the Poly experience.

At about the time Riviera goes on sale, we will be looking to add some more points at VGF. We’ll take a hard look at Rivera at that point so we have an Epcot option.

At about the time Riviera goes on sale, we will be looking to add some more points at VGF. We’ll take a hard look at Rivera at that point so we have an Epcot option.
I could see it being an easy sell to a degree depending on the points table and price/incentives. I suspect the dues will be fairly favorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter