Revenge booking

geargrinder

Mouseketeer
I've been watching the 7 month availability and VDH and VGC for a trip toward the end of September. Both already had little to availability, even for a split stay. I like to make definitive plans so waitlist doesn't appeal to me.

So, out of /frustration/curiosity I looked at Aulani availability. "Accidently" booked a week in a Ocean View studio......

Aulani is the best thing Disney has ever built that isn't in Japan or float on water.

If you've never been, you're in for a treat.
Can I ask what your top reasons for saying "its one of the best" are? It is a long way from the east coast so really have not considered it, but.........................

Can I ask what your top reasons for saying "its one of the best" are? It is a long way from the east coast so really have not considered it, but.........................
Quality of the "fit and finish" used to build the resort; attention to detail; exceptional cast members. The only thing that isn't an A+ is the food, which is fine but not exceptional for the price.

As a Florida local, I was looking for last minute availability for the weekend at WDW. NOTHING would open up. I refreshed for 2 or 3 days straight. Finally, VDH came up for the exact dates. I text my friend, "Hey, wanna go to California instead?" Planned the trip and were there in less than 48 hours. 😂 Thanks DVC!

I've been watching the 7 month availability and VDH and VGC for a trip toward the end of September. Both already had little to availability, even for a split stay. I like to make definitive plans so waitlist doesn't appeal to me.

So, out of /frustration/curiosity I looked at Aulani availability. "Accidently" booked a week in a Ocean View studio......
Way to show them who is boss!!

I hope you really enjoy Aulani.

If you want to visit the U.S.S. Arizona, its not a long drive to Pearl Harbor - it on the same side of Honolulu as Aulani. Arizona tickets are timed and sell out - best bought in advance. Its easy to do two days at Pearl Harbor if you are interested in that period. The rest of Pearl Harbor doesn't need reservations - its really just the memorial (which is moving and worth a visit).

Note that Hawaii can be expensive - car rentals and food in particular. Watch car rental prices early and do some research on when to get a reservation for good pricing.

Aulani is wonderful - you'll love it. I agree that it has some of the best theming Disney has done for a resort. It's one of my favorites along with HHI. I have family heading there in May but I couldn't join them since I'm going to Japan this November.

The food there is kind of meh but if you have a car there are SO many amazing places to eat around the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter