Resort Changers--The Saga Continues.....

I know what you mean! I change some of the time. This upcoming trip, I changed three times. First I was going to stay at FQ, then CBR, and now we are staying at AKL. It happens, sometimes it is due to $$$, other times it is due to just not being able to make up my mind..lol

I know what you mean! I change some of the time. This upcoming trip, I changed three times. First I was going to stay at FQ, then CBR, and now we are staying at AKL. It happens, sometimes it is due to $$$, other times it is due to just not being able to make up my mind..lol

You are going to LOVE AKL. We stayed at AKL in Sept. I had always wanted to stay there. Boma is a must do every year no matter where we stay. It was really nice to pig out at Boma and then just to walk to our room. I can't wait until our 180 day is here. No matter where we end up staying, we will be having a meal at Boma. :thumbsup2

You are going to LOVE AKL. We stayed at AKL in Sept. I had always wanted to stay there. Boma is a must do every year no matter where we stay. It was really nice to pig out at Boma and then just to walk to our room. I can't wait until our 180 day is here. No matter where we end up staying, we will be having a meal at Boma. :thumbsup2

I am very excited to be staying at AKL. We walked around the resort and property on our last trip and fell in love with it. I am happy that we are able to be staying there this coming trip! We are dining at Boma, but for breakfast. We are also dining at Jiko one night as well. I am glad to hear you liked it at the AKL!!

I love that idea! Maybe when they realize how many of "us" could benefit from a tour like this, we can all meet up for a special CRRC (chronic resort changers club) weekend and be the first to take the tour!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I love that idea! Maybe when they realize how many of "us" could benefit from a tour like this, we can all meet up for a special CRRC (chronic resort changers club) weekend and be the first to take the tour!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm in!!!:goodvibes
However I"M not going to be the ONE who calls and makes the reservations for all of us....:lmao:

How would we EVER decide on ONE resort?!!!
We can tell our S.O's or DH's we were selected for a scientific study for WDW Resort Development.....

Also, our work would be beneficial in assisting others with their future plans....we would be helping mankind.....

However, my bet, we would not come back cured in the least!!:lmao:
It would be fun to compare notes at an afternoon tea at the GF......:rolleyes1

Count me in! Count me in for the tea at the GF too DisneyBride03!!! :goodvibes

:rotfl2:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall after you hung up just to hear what CRO had to say about that :lmao:.

It was really embarrassing! I do NOT recommend that kind of phone call to CRO. :goodvibes

You know, it was all Disney's fault in the first place. If they hadn't started that Free Dining promotion, none of it would have happened! ;)

OMG!!! I thought I was alone. I can't seem to make a decision for fear of being dissapointed so we are scheduled to stay at AKL for the first four nights of our trip. I'm very happy with that decision. We have 3 more days at disney. I love the price at CBR for $109, I'm afraid of running into rift raft and double beds, that sucks. So I looked at staying at AKL again for $170.00 a night but I'm afraid we would be bored after our four night stay. So
I was thinking I needed to bite the bullet and go for WL or GF and I know I would be satisfied. I love disney and I'm cute what can I say...
My cast
Me 31
Dh 33
jill 2
Jayden 7
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Me,me I want to join this tour!

I'm in!!!:goodvibes
However I"M not going to be the ONE who calls and makes the reservations for all of us....:lmao:

How would we EVER decide on ONE resort?!!!
We can tell our S.O's or DH's we were selected for a scientific study for WDW Resort Development.....

Also, our work would be beneficial in assisting others with their future plans....we would be helping mankind.....

However, my bet, we would not come back cured in the least!!:lmao:
It would be fun to compare notes at an afternoon tea at the GF......:rolleyes1

We could each take a turn with the reservation. Then when we finish one round, we start again. If we start now and each have a turn choosing and planning, we should finish about this time next year!!

We could each take a turn with the reservation. Then when we finish one round, we start again. If we start now and each have a turn choosing and planning, we should finish about this time next year!!

Ok, we have a year to plan!:goodvibes
How many changes??!!:lmao: I can call and request a DVC van or maybe an ME bus depending on our group of resort changers for our tour....;)
So a value, mod or deluxe ?!:laughing:

Ok...we may have to start another thread for the "tour"......

Has anyone's spouse ever said..."I dont even want to hear where we are staying now, surprise me"......OR "Where are we staying this week?" (During pre trip planning of course!)

Stepdisney, thanks for getting this going again!:lmao:

How many changes??!!:lmao: I can call and request a DVC van or maybe an ME bus depending on our group of resort changers for our tour....;)

Has anyone's spouse ever said..."I dont even want to hear where we are staying now, surprise me"......OR "Where are we staying this week?" (During pre trip planning of course!)

My spouse hasn't said it but my daughter says," Mom, is changing resorts part of the planning process?":rotfl:
I'll say,"Rie, I want to ask you a question" and she automatically answers, " Mom, I don't care where we stay. I don't care if it's a suite or a villa or 2 connecting rooms. I don't care if it's on site or off site." She's just like her dad!!:lmao:

My DD11 just wants a nice pool and a food court...thats all she cares about...then i start asking about the "theme", "location"...rooms...she looks at me like....????

She does love AKV though! And POP!

DisneyBride'03, we'll have them trained before they go to college:thumbsup2!

I'm having such a hard time deciding on a moderate (and if a code for deluxes came out it would be even worse) that I told my DH he should pick. Then I realized I would never be able accept that either.

I'm having such a hard time deciding on a moderate (and if a code for deluxes came out it would be even worse) that I told my DH he should pick. Then I realized I would never be able accept that either.

If there's one thing worse than second guessing ourselves, it's second guessing someone else's choice!!!!!:lmao:

I thought our trip last year was bad...I thought I had been cured...well not if you take a lookie loo at my trip plans for our trip in august:

1.) 5 nights @ OKW in October followed by a 3 night cruise in connecting Cat 10 staterooms.

2.) Seceret Porthole rooms opened up for a 3 night cruise in September...and lower points @ OKW to boot...sign me up

3.) Well...I found good airfare for the end of August:rotfl: and we could stay for 10 nights for the cost of 9 in September and the kids wouldn't miss school. 2 nights at Fort Wilderness Cabins...5 at OKW and 3 offsite. Perfect. Plus I had found a 2009 7 night cruise for only 1000 more than our pitiful 3 day. I'm booked!

4.) Free dining comes out:love: . We could stay offsite for the first 2 nights, OKW for 5 and the Cabins with free dining for the last 3. Just need to purchase 1 day tickets for all of us which we could save and apply to our next AP's. "Genius" says I:teacher: !

5.) Well, maybe not sooo good. I mean we have to move three times, and that kinda sucks. Plus I really thing DS 5 would enjoy the zero entry pool at SSR more than OKW. What to do? I ended up with 2 nights at the cabins with an AP rate and no dining/5 nights on points at SSR with the basic dinig plan/2 nights at SSR with an AP rate and deluxe dining:cloud9: / and the last night on points again at SSR with no dining.

The moral of this long winded saga is it takes time and lots of figuring to create the perfect trip. Luckily for us the trip was AWESOME:woohoo: !!!!

And just to show that there is hope for redemption I have NO plans to change our Feb trip to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge:rolleyes1 ...but I might change some ADR's;) .

The moral of this long winded saga is it takes time and lots of figuring to create the perfect trip. Luckily for us the trip was AWESOME:woohoo: !!!!

And just to show that there is hope for redemption I have NO plans to change our Feb trip to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge:rolleyes1 ...but I might change some ADR's;) .

Sure! And after your saga we are supposed to believe you?!? :rotfl:

Glad all of your planning turned out well for your last trip, I can hardly wait to see what you come up with for your next trip! :goodvibes

well, I finally decided to do a ticker.....notice I did not say WHERE...lol...cause I dont know yet...but CBR is on my short list if a great AP rate comes out!
So if I change resorts...I just change my banner.....I did like this banner...lol MickeyPath has alot of new resort specific banners!!!

I think they were created with us in mind! LOL

Count me in.

We planned a last minuted trip at Christmas. We have 5 people so that right there put a kink in my planning, Tried family suites no luck booked POR at but was only able to get partial dates. Kept calling, calling and calling, added the rest of our dates. OH MY this room will not be very comfortable with the ages of kids, added second room, this too took several calls over serveral days to find, think we're happy yet, OH NO, why are we spending this kind of money, when this is not really where we want to be. Back to the phones, calling, calling and call some more. We finally got a room at Yacht club (Location Location Location) today, should be happy right. No I tell my husband ok now we have to call and call and call until they can move us to beach club (I really want to be in newly renovated) rooms. My DD has sereve asthma and I don't want to chance getting a old smoking room. I wonder If I will ever be able to book a room and stick with it. I need help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter