• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Was just able to use the change button online to move from POFQ to CBR , so if you can get in , I can confirm it’s live. I paid a small difference but it was a lateral move.
Did you get to see what room type before you accepted? I don't want to end up in a Pirate room!

Anyone that made their park reservations and then moved resorts due to a resort closure did your park reservations stick?
Yes! We made our park reservations this morning while on hold waiting to get through to change our resort. After almost 4 hours on hold and between transfers, we were moved from ASMo to POP, and tickets changed from hoppers to regular. After everything was completed, the park reservations were still there and everything looks great with our reservation!

Here's my morning so far (all Central time)

7am: Got online and selected my parks. 20min worth of "queuing" and what not. Seemed pretty smooth.
7:30am: Called to figure out room situation as we are set for POR arriving 8/29. Took about 75 calls to get through but got in and waited...call dropped after 1.5hr. Didn't speak to anyone.
10:00am: Called about 200 times and got connected but the voice system put me into "recreation" when I said "reservation". CM picked up after just short of 2hrs to tell me that she couldn't help me and that if she tried to transfer me, I'd get disconnected because she stated IT shut off their ability to transfer so I'd just have to call back.
1:00pm: Called over 200 times and got back in. On hold for just over an hour and got disconnected. Didn't speak to anyone.
2:45pm: Called about 75 times and got back in. Was on hold for 20 MINUTES! and had a CM offer to book another room but I stated that I did not want to pay more nor did I want to "downgrade" to POP and since it's our anniversary and we sought out a POR Royal Room for the occasion, she said I'd have to speak to Guest Services and that the wait was "over an hour"...

On hold now for Guest Services for 15min...will update my progress if I don't lose my call :(

Right now I have reservations at CBR July 15-19, and from what I've read, it won't be opening until 7/29...so I guess I need to plan to call tomorrow when I can wait on hold for a while? Already got park reservations, so at least that's set.

My TA has been on the phone all day trying to figure out my All-Star modification, but I just went on My Disney Experience and my magic band order is gone and my husband isn't linked to the hotel stay anymore. When I try to link his name to his account it won't let me, and it also doesn't actually take me to the magic band page when I try to fix that too. What the heck. #TryingNotToPanic

ETA: It hasn't been changed to a new resort yet, this is on the All Star reservation. Maybe it means things are moving?

Has anyone changed two resort reservations during the same call? I have a July and August trip that needs moved. Wondering if I should prepare myself for a second call later tonight.

After 6 1/2 hrs on the TA line, I was able to move our 3 rooms from ASMo to POP with no upcharge. I feel for the CMs, they are going through the ringer today. They told me if I needed to drop someone from one of our reservations that it would not change the protected rate. I was under the impression that any changes would trigger a price change so that was good news.

Had a 5th sleeper room at PO-Riverside for 8/7 through 8/14. After 2.5 hours, finally got through to a CM. After reading through this entire thread i was ready to ask for the GS transfer immediately, but figured I'd give the very nice CM a shot. While she said she couldn't personally transfer me at no cost, she said that any previously used discounts (fun in the sun, etc) would be automatically applied to your new room, and she'd take a look at my options. Ended up getting a 5th sleeper room at CBR for the same dates for about $150 less overall.

Based on reading the thread, could I have pushed a transfer to GS to see if i could get a better resort? Maybe, but for another 2 hours waiting on the phone, it wasn't worth it as i was more than happy to get an equivalent room, and no need to continue to clog up the phone lines!

Finally, after 6 hours and 36 minutes I got a super nice Guest Services guy that looked into my reservation for me. We were booked in a theme park view room at the Poly and I knew not many things would be better than that. He offered a theme park view room at the Contemporary and I asked if there were any DVC rooms at the Poly and he said he had checked that first and there weren't.

We already had 2 nights at the CR before moving to the Poly so now I guess we will just hopefully stay in one room (I wasn't sure we'd like a split stay anyways). But I'm not going to lie, I am sad to not get our Poly stay. It was a dream for all of us to stay there. Maybe one day.

At first he said that it would be no cost but I knew the CR was actually cheaper than the Poly but I wasn't going to say anything. But once he changed the reservation he did say I would be getting a refund for the difference which was more than I thought it would be so that was nice.

You had a TA discount, right? I have a TA discount at POFQ and I'm wondering if I'll have to pay.

My TA has been on the phone all day trying to figure out my All-Star modification, but I just went on My Disney Experience and my magic band order is gone and my husband isn't linked to the hotel stay anymore. When I try to link his name to his account it won't let me, and it also doesn't actually take me to the magic band page when I try to fix that too. What the heck. #TryingNotToPanic

ETA: It hasn't been changed to a new resort yet, this is on the All Star reservation. Maybe it means things are moving?
They could be working on it. The TA line seems to be way longer than the regular line. Don't panic yet. I just finished moving 3 ASMo rooms to POP and while it took forever, everything moved over well.

Right now I have reservations at CBR July 15-19, and from what I've read, it won't be opening until 7/29...so I guess I need to plan to call tomorrow when I can wait on hold for a while? Already got park reservations, so at least that's set.
I'm booked at CBR July 10-19 and curious where they're gonna put us?

Yes! We made our park reservations this morning while on hold waiting to get through to change our resort. After almost 4 hours on hold and between transfers, we were moved from ASMo to POP, and tickets changed from hoppers to regular. After everything was completed, the park reservations were still there and everything looks great with our reservation!

Still on hold, I was scared to even try to change the hoppers. I guess there was no issues doing that for you though. Maybe I will mention it?

4:44 minutes on the phone total. Was transfered to "special teams" at 1:48. originally booked CBR standard view 5th sleeper July 18-27 free dining bounceback that was transferred to 35% off discount. Got moved to Contemporary Garden wing garden view no upcharge.

Has anyone had any issues having park hopping removed from ticket? CM wasnt sure but he was unable to remove the park hopper from my ticket at this time. We thought maybe it had to do with the free dining bounceback that required the hopper when originally booked. He recommended I try to fix it at checkin? 5 hopper options is a decent chunk of change.

Has anyone who originally booked under fun n sun, who moved dates to later in the year had the fun n sun discount applied to the new cost?

Have any of you who booked with an agency exclusive TA heard from them regarding changing hotels?
I did not have to change hotels via mine, but I was able to book one of the rates Saturday when I realized my GF reservation was probably going to be impacted by the NBA (so those still work as a heads up alternative option). I'm at Poly now. Less $, a night longer, and do not need to deal with this craziness that I was afraid of. I just need to call to cancel GF myself still since it was a military rate that I booked on my own. I'll be waiting until this dies down to do that!

Still on hold, I was scared to even try to change the hoppers. I guess there was no issues doing that for you though. Maybe I will mention it?
We had no issues changing the hoppers! All of our park reservations are still there after changing the tickets and the resort! I was kind of shocked about that, but glad everything is complete now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter