Resort Change by Disney

I did not have to change hotels via mine, but I was able to book one of the rates Saturday when I realized my GF reservation was probably going to be impacted by the NBA (so those still work as a heads up alternative option). I'm at Poly now. Less $, a night longer, and do not need to deal with this craziness that I was afraid of. I just need to call to cancel GF myself still since it was a military rate that I booked on my own. I'll be waiting until this dies down to do that!
Check your MDE (if you can get back in). We'd booked Cabins under military rate and there was a cancel link next to the confirmation #.
Well, that's new. LOL. So I clicked it, and it actually worked!

Check your MDE (if you can get back in). We'd booked Cabins under military rate and there was a cancel link next to the confirmation #.
Well, that's new. LOL. So I clicked it, and it actually worked!
I've been checking. No cancel link :( I'm not in a huge rush and don't want to take any phone space from people who need it more right now so I'll hang out and wait! Maybe I'll get a cancel link, if not I will just cancel in a few days.

Well that was annoying. After over 3 hours I finally got through to a CM only to be told he couldn't do anything for me and that they would be in touch with people in date order. It literally says on the website "Those currently traveling July 11 - December 31, 2020 may request assistance beginning Monday, June 22. "...

I even asked if I could modify and pay the difference in price but was told no.

I'm in the UK so maybe they are dealing with us differently to domestic guests. It's just frustrating seeing people being able to move. Anyone else in the UK had any luck?
End of September. So not as soon as some people, I'd just like to know where we'll be staying!

We’re also at the end of September coming from the U.K. (travel ban depending!) I’ve been watching closely most of the day to see what’s been going on. I’ve not tried to call at all and was going to sit tight for a bit and see what happens. It wouldn’t be the first time that the U.K. were treated differently to those in America. It may be worth popping over the the U.K. board and asking over there as it may get over looked in here with all the pages.

Okay, update! I called back because the CM from this morning wanting to upcharge me to move just didn't feel right after seeing everyone's posts. I got through in about 10 minutes to speak to another CM who was super super helpful and nice and totally understanding! She actually read me the script they got: If a guest's resort is closed, as long as that guest doesn't modify their dates, they have "price protection" (as someone previously stated) to move to any resort that is open and has availability. I'm so glad I called back! She stressed that they won't hold it against me for moving to the DVC side of AKL once I get through to Guest Services since the previous conversation with the CM from this morning is recorded and they'll be able to see the modifications she did on my reservation. She said I'll get taken care of - but I decided to call back at another time because she also said there were 731 callers ahead of me for GS! I hope my situation can help out anyone else in the same boat.

We’re also at the end of September coming from the U.K. (travel ban depending!) I’ve been watching closely most of the day to see what’s been going on. I’ve not tried to call at all and was going to sit tight for a bit and see what happens. It wouldn’t be the first time that the U.K. were treated differently to those in America. It may be worth popping over the the U.K. board and asking over there as it may get over looked in here with all the pages.

Which resort are you supposed to be staying at? We've booked POR. I don't even want an upgrade, we would be happy to just modify to CBR. I might give it a couple of days and call back.

used the 7639 number
Hit redial every time the call said it "failed" and eventually it connected (never rang, was silent for 4min, and then had an automated menu) got a CM who asked if I wanted to keep my dates, he said they have a special team for that and he would have to transfer me. On hold for that since 430pm EST.

We have 8/24 at POR (royal, standard view) and 8/25-28 at AKL (standard view, covid recovery 35% off rate). I'm 100% willing to pay an upcharge to get into Kidani or Jambo. We will see what they offer. I'm guessing CBR in exchange for POR. If we can't get in at the AKL villas/deluxe studios I'm hoping for something amazing, because AKL is sort-of a bucket list item for DH.

Been waiting for 2.5 hours for guest services now... has this happened to other people? Scared I won't get through

Looking for some advice here regarding my resort situation. I used a TA who has assured me more than once that Disney will accommodate me to an equal value resort at no extra cost to me. (The posts on this thread for the most part confirm that.) I have a 6 night stay at ASMo (with all 6 park reservations booked) for late July. Obviously, that resort won’t be open and more than likely I’ll be moved to Pop. Here’s my dilemma: My TA’s boss was adamant that we not ask to be moved but rather have Disney move us (to avoid the up charge). I just don’t know if I should wait it out and let Disney do the transferring like my TA is suggesting or if I should call. (And let me just say that I love my TA! She’s been so helpful during this whole thing so I want to trust her completely. The posts in this thread just make me think I should be more proactive.) What do you guys think?

Has anyone changed two resort reservations during the same call? I have a July and August trip that needs moved. Wondering if I should prepare myself for a second call later tonight.

There was someone that reported they changed both reservations. And I'm certain that if I my first resort was closed as well they would be able to change that one too. Nothing indicated that they wouldn't.

You had a TA discount, right? I have a TA discount at POFQ and I'm wondering if I'll have to pay.

Yes, TA rate. I'm not sure what would have happened if I tried to change dates, but they kept my rate and even gave me a refund for different between the TA rate that I paid and the TA rate for the resort I got moved to.

Been waiting for 2.5 hours for guest services now... has this happened to other people? Scared I won't get through

I waited for 4+ hours for Guest Services. Just hang on!

used the 7639 number
Hit redial every time the call said it "failed" and eventually it connected (never rang, was silent for 4min, and then had an automated menu) got a CM who asked if I wanted to keep my dates, he said they have a special team for that and he would have to transfer me. On hold for that since 430pm EST.

We have 8/24 at POR (royal, standard view) and 8/25-28 at AKL (standard view, covid recovery 35% off rate). I'm 100% willing to pay an upcharge to get into Kidani or Jambo. We will see what they offer. I'm guessing CBR in exchange for POR. If we can't get in at the AKL villas/deluxe studios I'm hoping for something amazing, because AKL is sort-of a bucket list item for DH.
Not sure what accommodations you'd need at the DVC side of AKL, but I had Savannah view, King bed at Jambo for August and they could only offer me a deluxe studio with a standard view. At the time, I didn't know that the CM wasn't supposed to upcharge me and it was between that (though that was cheaper and not equal accommodations to my original reservation) and paying $400 more for CR Garden Wing, King or going to CBR (because I told her I wasn't paying more, she said the moderate will save me money). I hope the CM you speak to will keep you at the same accommodations! CBR for POR sounds doable as does a DVC at Kidani/Jambo for your AKL reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter