slo’s THURSDAY 6/27 poll - Farmers Markets 🌽🫑🍅

Farmers Markets - Do you have local ones & Do you attend them? (m.c.)

• My town has a Farmers Market

Votes: 68 75.6%
  • Surrounding towns have Farmers Markets

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • There’s no Farmers Markets by me

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I go to Farmers Markets often

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • I go to Farmers Markets sporadically

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • I go to Farmers Markets rarely

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • I never go to Farmers Markets

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • I buy produce from them

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • I buy craft items from them

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I’m not sure if everyone has Farmers Markets by them, but we have a lot by me, The ones here are more of a craft fair then Farmers Market, but that’s ok. I do wish though that more of our local farmers would have a booth at these - I’d buy some items from them. One Farmers Market we go to has a farmer that sells candy onions - they’re really good. We buy some from this farmer every year. How about you……

Do you have local Farmers Markets?
Do you enjoy going to them?
(multiple choice)

For Me……We really enjoy going to the local Farmers Markets, and we have many to go to this time of year. My DD20 and I went to a huge one last night, which is what inspired this poll. The one last night had food trucks, entertainment and a lot of booths, but only a 1/4 of them was produce. My DD and I bought a few things - it was a really fun night. My town has one next Tuesday, so we’ll be going to that one next.

IMG_1758.jpeg

My town has one but it's a 30+ minute drive for me, so I can't really remember last time I went. It's pretty rare. Lots of times in the summer there are farm stands that set up in various locations much closer, so I'll sometimes stop at those.

There are some farmer's markets around here, I never go. Our main grocery store is 1/2 mile away, it's too easy just to settle for produce from there.

There are a couple Farmer's Markets along with one very well known one in my area. God willing I will get back there and maybe (I would love to finally go to one) a Christmas type market too.

There's a nice one the next town over. Summer in New Jersey means some of the best produce in the country. I could take a Jersey Beefsteak tomato and bite into it like an apple. Farmer's markets have some of the best produce because they're not as fussy about uniform size and perfect-looking fruits and veggies as supermarkets are.

For Me……We really enjoy going to the local Farmers Markets, and we have many to go to this time of year. My DD20 and I went to a huge one last night, which is what inspired this poll. The one last night had food trucks, entertainment and a lot of booths, but only a 1/4 of them was produce. My DD and I bought a few things - it was a really fun night. My town has one next Tuesday, so we’ll be going to that one next.
That sounds great! I'd love to have those kinds of events here. We do have some city/town centre markets, but they're not the same. Probably, more comparable are our farm shops. We go to some lovely ones, often with attached garden centres.

We have farmer stands and farmers markets in this area. We are more likely to go to the stands. It’s more convenient for us to just park and pick produce from the one stand, rather than walk around and see lots of crafts and things I am not interested in.

We have a ton ! I rarely go but have ordered meat from a vendor from one that delivered to my house within the last two years - otherwise it’s been a very long time since I’ve been to one
They are very popular and you would have to get there very early to most and the locations make parking an issue and a rather long walk so I just don’t go - if they could be a bit more convenient I would go - happy to order from the vendors thou

We have several farmers markets fairly close. I would go for produce but the vendors seem to be mostly crafts and cupcakes and such, very little farm fresh produce. We plan to go to one tonight that has a concert, so we take a picnic supper and listen to the concert. I might buy something but probably not.

Lots of farmers' markets as well as roadside tents in our area. I have recently found a mom & pop produce stand that buys produce from local farmers as well as grocery trucks looking to dump produce before it spoils. I watch their Facebook page and have gotten some incredible deals. I've already canned 22 pints of corn, 15 pints of strawberry jam, 7 half-pints of blackberry jam (+ 1 quart frozen), and 7 quarts of blueberries frozen. I just bought 10 lbs of tomatoes from them yesterday to can some salsa/diced tomatoes today.

Our town has had a farmers market for about 3 years. We have never been, but ironically since you posted this poll today, my wife and son are planning on going to it this morning. It goes from 9 am to 1 pm every Thursday during the summer. I'm interested in seeing what they find!

Last edited:
There's a guy who sets up a tent in a strip mall parking lot and sells vegetables. He's very expensive though. We had a Farmer's Market in the town park but hardly any farmers showed up. I don't think they do it anymore.

We have a TON of them, and the ones downtown are year-round (those ones are more crafty and produce/products that are year round - beef, honey, etc.). They were always our early Saturday morning destination when my kids were little. Nobody was sleeping anyway, and we could burn off energy, outside, and the hot dog vendor was always there at 7am, so my kids thought hot dogs for breakfast was the coolest thing ever!

They have them on Friday nights on the way to our place up north, too, so we try and stop and get corn and tomatoes for the weekend.

We are going this Saturday for the first time this season - I need to get salsa stuff so I can make a batch for our up north gathering on Saturday night.

We have one in our town, and in surrounding towns. I go to them sometimes. Love supporting the local farmers. There is also a farm stand that runs daily all summer that is close by, so I tend to go there most often.

We have a farmers market every Thursday in our town. I love to shop at farmer's markets because the fruit is much better than in the major grocery stores. But it does cost more.

We have more Farmers Markets than I can count. One is every Sunday in the park that is 1/2 mile from my house so walking distance. Too many crafts and not enough produce for my liking, but we go up a couple times a year.
We also have a "Farmer's Wife" produce stand about a mile away that operates 6 days a week May through November. All produce there.
There is another Farmers Market every Saturday at a shopping center about 4 miles away, a Farmers Market downtown during the day on Tuesdays in a park, and a Thursday night farmers market downtown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest