• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resale DVC benefits

If you are an direct sales owner and you add resale to your membership, are you eligible for all benefits or only with direct sales contract. Is there a special way to add resale to a direct sales membership?

Thanks

I bought resale last year knowing there were no perks left other than using my contract. So I’ve been surprised to access many great discounts, like Savor the Savannah and other enchanted extras in the system:
View attachment 744893View attachment 744894
And show my DVC account to get 20% off in the parks.

It’s not supposed to work this way but as seen above, Disney’s own system is applying DVC discount to resale.
Totally off topic so forgive me, but how do you book these types of things? Any time I check, it is sold out. Is this a 60 day rule thing too? In all my years, I've never done any of this :oops:

If you are an direct sales owner and you add resale to your membership, are you eligible for all benefits or only with direct sales contract. Is there a special way to add resale to a direct sales membership?

Thanks
If your resale contract is the same UY as your direct blue card membership, both your contracts will be under the same membership number so yes, you’ll still be a direct member. But your resale points will not be eligible to use at Riviera and future resorts

I would like to know that too.
You're right, I just logged in and checked and a lot of Savor the Savanna dates are sold out. I had to push the dates out until I found one. Wild Africa Trek is easier to get and I didn't have any problem finding dates open for that. Also when I looked you can only book them 60 days ahead of your check in date.

Totally off topic so forgive me, but how do you book these types of things? Any time I check, it is sold out. Is this a 60 day rule thing too? In all my years, I've never done any of this :oops:
I believe it is a 60 reservation, but some others are only 30 days, and once in a while WDW is late to load them (like HEA Dessert Party hasn’t opened yet for April 3). I looked for Savor the Savannah (4pm reservation only for this event) on March 8 and there still were slots available the week before the 2 month mark.

Also, something weird seems to be happening with show dining packages lately. I had to keep refreshing because the system was blocking me out with conflicting messages saying nothing was available (Spice RD Harmonious pkg).

“Unable to check…,”
“…This experience will be open on April 1 2023,”
“The dinner show is offered Tues through Saturdays,”
“This experience will open March 23, 2023.”

After all that I was actually able to make a reservation for 3ppl on Monday March 20, 2023 (Less than 3 weeks away).

I suspect some of these events have coding trouble, so it might be worth it to try refreshing to get something other than these weird messages stating things that are simply untrue.

Last edited:

Is it true that an owner of a direct sale contract can transfer the contract to a family member and it is not included a sale thus the family member receiving the contract will a blue card member?

Is it true that an owner of a direct sale contract can transfer the contract to a family member and it is not included a sale thus the family member receiving the contract will a blue card member?
If it’s a gratuitous transfer (no money changing hands), yes, the Membership Extras eligibility transfers with the contract.

Anybody looking for a long lost cousin to bestow a small points contract to? 😜
The downside for Them, once they transfer out the contract giving them Blue Card status, they lose it too. It's attached (temporarily) to the Contract, not the Member, I believe.

The downside for Them, once they transfer out the contract giving them Blue Card status, they lose it too. It's attached (temporarily) to the Contract, not the Member, I believe.
The original owner would still have other contracts that support their DVC standing.

This is not accurate. TOTWL is only for those eligible for membership extras...DVC Y. It is open nightly and while special events happen, you do not need to be part of the special event to visit. There just has to be room and if there is not, they put you on a waitlist and text when there is.

Plenty visit without paying for the event..
@Sandisw Currently I have plenty of points to be DVC -Y. If I add BLT resale and stay at BLT on resale points would I be eligible to visit the TOTWL during my visit . I haven't bought resale yet but considering right now because of the current resale prices.

@Sandisw Currently I have plenty of points to be DVC -Y. If I add BLT resale and stay at BLT on resale points would I be eligible to visit the TOTWL during my visit . I haven't bought resale yet but considering right now because of the current resale prices.

As long as you have DVC Y, you are eligible to visit the lounge, regardless of which points you stay on.

Does $175 pp for a 50 point contract at Copper Creek That comes will 100 pts right away sound reasonable? This will be my first contract?

Does $175 pp for a 50 point contract at Copper Creek That comes will 100 pts right away sound reasonable? This will be my first contract?
It's not completely unreasonable since it's a small contract. I think you have some room to negotiate in the current market.

It's not completely unreasonable since it's a small contract. I think you have some room to negotiate in the current market.
The list was $191 and buyer pay annual dues. I forgot that also in their counter offer the seller would pay dues. I had offered $160 pp.

The list was $191 and buyer pay annual dues. I forgot that also in their counter offer the seller would pay dues. I had offered $160 pp.
It’s hard to say because it’s a small contract. If it fits your UY and needs, I think it’s worth it. But only you can truly determine that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter