• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

" .... are evaluating it ..... "

giphy.gif

" .... are evaluating it ..... "

giphy.gif
Exactly what I was thinking

Not sure i like idea of standing in HS holding my phone trying to score spot in a virtual line for a ride. I just as soon get there early and command a spot in line.

Last edited:
Not sure i like idea of standing in HS holding my phone trying to score spot in a virtual line for a ride. I just as soon get there early and command a spot in line.
Remember though, that started pre-covid so that’s not likely going away.

Remember though, that started pre-covid so that’s not likely going away.
Oh yeah, I knew that. When covid hit they actually started doing the "lottery" twice a day instead of just in the morning

We are all getting closer. I called down to Group Reservations (they are great with no wait time) and paid off my reservation. I waited until almost the last minute to transfer Disney Dollars over from the Chase Visa. I almost had enough to pay off the whole 10 days. I used the Disney Dollars this Spring to buy park tickets, so most of this trip (except food and gas) will be covered by Chase.

The camper comes to the house next Saturday and we will hit the road one week from tomorrow. I'm starting to pile things up or put them in the truck so I don't forget them. Getting ready for a Disney trip is a lot different than a regular camping trip.

j

Look what just showed up today!

We went ahead and got generic bands for DW, DS and I. We have lots from prior trips, but I'm not sure how long the batteries last for the active RFID portion.

We did get 1 "fancy" band for Ian's friend. This will be his first WDW trip since he was little.

20200928_114152_copy_1612x907.jpg

j

So i have been sitting back on park tickets. i could not decide when and if i really wanted to go into a park. We had decided we would go to HS because we have not seen Star Wars yet. In fact i think the last time i was actually in a park (not the last time i was at disney) was in Nov 2019. I thought next week would be the slower week since Oct 12 is Columbus day. Well i was wrong all of next week HS is blocked. I did see i could still book HS for Tues Oct 13. Now to decide if i purchase tickets and get my reservation for HS or do i let it go figuring it will be close to capacity.

Decisions, decisions. I also was planning on Wed OCt 7 off to go to HS so do i pick something else. I think the next park we would want to go to is AK. I guess our order of preference is HS (to see GE), AK, Epcot and finally MK. The good thing is i think the other parks generally dont fill up except for HS.

So i have been sitting back on park tickets. i could not decide when and if i really wanted to go into a park. We had decided we would go to HS because we have not seen Star Wars yet. In fact i think the last time i was actually in a park (not the last time i was at disney) was in Nov 2019. I thought next week would be the slower week since Oct 12 is Columbus day. Well i was wrong all of next week HS is blocked. I did see i could still book HS for Tues Oct 13. Now to decide if i purchase tickets and get my reservation for HS or do i let it go figuring it will be close to capacity.

Decisions, decisions. I also was planning on Wed OCt 7 off to go to HS so do i pick something else. I think the next park we would want to go to is AK. I guess our order of preference is HS (to see GE), AK, Epcot and finally MK. The good thing is i think the other parks generally dont fill up except for HS.

We are going to be in HS on Tuesday the 13th. Hopefully not too bad.

It looks like volume is picking up, especially on the weekends. Weekend pics (and reports) are showing the parks and DS being "busy". HS is the only park reporting be near capacity during the week.

Unfortunately, I have HS reservations for Saturday October 10th. I also have a HS reservation for Tuesday, October 13th. Hopefully that is a little more manageable and I have a fighting chance at a boarding group for RotR, but it sounds like that will be crowded with Rendezvous at the Fort crazies. :lmao:

j

See @PaHunter and @Teamubr i was fishing to see if anyone would be at HS on Oct 13. Right now its the best day we have. i know that the parks are more crowded on the weekend so was trying to plan something mid week. If i want to do HS then i probably have to get on it and buy tickets so i can get the park ressie. i am not worried about the other parks during the week. I am pretty sure i can pick those up. on the flip side one less park day is money saved.

ok bit the bullet. we want to see GE and hopefully a boarding group for RotR. I have tickets for Tues Oct 13 with a park ressie for HS. maybe we need to hook up the party for the boarding group. If we do a boarding group for 8 we can all be on our phone trying to get one.

we can all be on our phone trying to get one.
From what I've read, they now don't recommend doing that because if it somehow happens to give let's say 2 people out of the 8 boarding group numbers for the entire party it will then cancel both. They say it's best now to only have one person in a party do it (on cellular, not wifi)

@Bishoparc thanks for the info. We will drive to HS. The park opens at 10am. What time does the parking lot open? If i remember correctly it is an hour before the park so we want to get there at 9. Hopefully in the park before 10 so we can try for the boarding group. i have heard not a good idea to get to the parking lot before it opens as you can't sit and wait for it. if i have that correctly. i will be honest i was not focusing on it too much, now i need to know the strategy.

@Bishoparc thanks for the info. We will drive to HS. The park opens at 10am. What time does the parking lot open? If i remember correctly it is an hour before the park so we want to get there at 9. Hopefully in the park before 10 so we can try for the boarding group. i have heard not a good idea to get to the parking lot before it opens as you can't sit and wait for it. if i have that correctly. i will be honest i was not focusing on it too much, now i need to know the strategy.
From the posts I've seen on the "DISboards on Facebook" group, it is usually an hour before and if you get there before then they will run you off. Some days they've only let folks in to the parking lot 30 minutes early from some of the other posts I'd seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter