Relative to "walking", which of the following best describes your reservation activity?

Which of the following best describes your reservation activity? Check all that apply:

• I have never "walked" a reservation(s).

Votes: 84 40.4%
  • I have "walked" a previous reservation(s.

Votes: 109 52.4%
  • I am currently "walking" a reservation(s).

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • I am planning to "walk" a future reservation(s).

Votes: 54 26.0%
  • Other: Explain in your remarks

Votes: 7 3.4%

• Total voters
I guess I had lightening fast internet this morning, but I was able to snag a standard 2 bedroom for Jan 2025 so I can start the walk for the end of Feb 2025.

I have been trying for weeks for a studio. I need three but can’t even get one. My 11 months is tomorrow so garden view it will be. I have enough points but it ticks me off. That’s 34 extra points per room times three. I have never been shut out on 22 years of owning BW.
I do know this may not even be walkers.

I have been trying for weeks for a studio. I need three but can’t even get one. My 11 months is tomorrow so garden view it will be. I have enough points but it ticks me off. That’s 34 extra points per room times three. I have never been shut out on 22 years of owning BW.
I do know this may not even be walkers.

Just put in a waitlist for at least one of the rooms and stalk...maybe you will get lucky!

I am coming in to say that I have walked a reservation for 1 day (as in, I only modified it once) just to get a reservation over my birthday. I didn't want to take any chances. I don't think it was necessary, but I was anxious.

I am going to read back 4 pages.

"Never have I ever walked a reservation" Brings back memories of drinking games it college. 🍻 😄

If we want to stay somewhere other than our home resort, I make the reservation and try to modify at the 7 month mark. If I get it, great. And if not, I'll either waitlist, stalk or stick with my original ressie. But we are usually looking for 1 bedrooms so that's easier than trying to get studios.

Just put in a waitlist for at least one of the rooms and stalk...maybe you will get lucky!
I probably will. But I think the chance of an entire week opening at once in a standard is a pretty slim possibility.

I probably will. But I think the chance of an entire week opening at once in a standard is a pretty slim possibility.
It is, but as long as you don’t have any other waitlists, it doesn’t hurt, At 9 points a night, its not really surprising they go that fast.

I have been shut out of standards on the first day for the last couple of years, up to yesterday morning, my day before 11 months. But I had insanely unreal crazy luck on two other things in my life yesterday, and it must have carried over to this morning, because I finally got 1 standard studio! Of course I need three total, but I always knew that wasn't likely, but I am thrilled to have at least one. Luckily I work at home and my home and work computers are side by side, so it is very easy for me to stalk, so I will see if I can maybe pick up one more. I will try again tomorrow and the next day, and if I can get one, see if I can pick up the other couple of days. Either way, I am super happy to have finally at least gotten one!

So I've never actually walked a reservation - never timed it correctly - but I do, routinely, go in to adjust dates accommodating a flight schedule or an event which appears close to our original dates.

I have been shut out of standards on the first day for the last couple of years, up to yesterday morning, my day before 11 months. But I had insanely unreal crazy luck on two other things in my life yesterday, and it must have carried over to this morning, because I finally got 1 standard studio! Of course I need three total, but I always knew that wasn't likely, but I am thrilled to have at least one. Luckily I work at home and my home and work computers are side by side, so it is very easy for me to stalk, so I will see if I can maybe pick up one more. I will try again tomorrow and the next day, and if I can get one, see if I can pick up the other couple of days. Either way, I am super happy to have finally at least gotten one!
Another follow up, I don't think there were walkers a couple of weeks ago, because the days were not opening up, but I have picked up the first 3 days so far in a standard view, for both the 2nd and 3rd rooms that I need. This morning I had them 40 minutes after booking opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter