Rejected Offers Thread

Can the rules please be kept consistent?

I'm trying not to break the letter or spirit of the rules here. I even omitted the number of points for those two contracts beceause they would easily identify the contracts, which is the spirit of this rule. But when the goalposts move from recently written rules it's hard to know what can be shared.

Anyway, have another one!

Bay Lake Tower, 200pts, listed at $145/pt.

Offered $115/pt, also stating "open to negotiating."

Seller rejected and, per agent, "holding firm" at $145/pt.

Walked away.
Unrealistic seller expectations

I'm trying not to break the letter or spirit of the rules here. I even omitted the number of points for those two contracts beceause they would easily identify the contracts, which is the spirit of this rule. But when the goalposts move from recently written rules it's hard to know what can be shared.

I wonder if we could/should make a layout somewhat like the closing thread or something along those lines.

Walked away.

Sometimes I think people think something is worth more than it is and often it will not go their way in the end. For example, my most recent rejection about 2 weeks ago that countered back at me with a firm $114 has now reduced their price to $109.

Wow, at $145 not even a counter.?? I had zero shot. lol

It's ok, they're just hoping to sell while the market is somewhat in their favor, but we will have plenty to choose from here in another couple months. ;)
Unrealistic seller expectations
Sometimes I think people think something is worth more than it is
Technically both of my BLT $145/pt contracts didn't counter, though at least one vaguely left the door open to negotiate (even if they never responded with a number themselves).

Definitely some unrealistic expectations. I didn't share at the time because I thought it was an overshare, but the first BLT@145 contract I offered against specifically cited ROFR from years ago being around $145 in their final rejection.

Contracts in the 150-200pt range just aren't there any more though.

I wonder if we could/should make a layout somewhat like the closing thread or something along those lines.
Sounds like a great idea.

Walked away.

Thanks for finding my inconsistency!!! I had forgotten that I had said that and amended the rules.

We will allow resort, number of points, asking price and offer.

We will assume buyer is paying closing costs and dues…do not include the admin fee info since then it identifies broker.

If the offer is asking seller to pay those, that can be listed.

I will update my previous post!

Summing it up:
Resort
Contract Size
Asking Price
Offer
Seller pays dues or MFs

**if the offer included a counter offer by the buyer, feel feee to include

***no need to include a sellers counter since it was not accepted.

Last edited:

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest