Recent Trip Observations

from a guest's perspective, it could seem pushy or aggressive.

I believe this is correct. I remember way back around the turn of the century at WDW (especially Epcot) we came to dread seeing the Photopass photographers. We're just trying to walk from one space to the next but we'd have to run a gauntlet of bored college kids trying to take our photos. Most times they would go away with a simple "no thanks" but sometimes we had to argue with them, like they assumed that we just didn't understand how flipping awesome it would be to have them take our pictures. A few of them didn't even ask if we wanted them to take our photos, they would simply approach us and order us to stand in a certain spot. We HATED it, and by the end of the week we got to the point where we would scowl at them to warn them away from trying to initiate contact with us. Fortunately they long ago changed their policies about that.

I agree that standing around in the shade doing nothing and making people approach to ask for photos might be going too far in the other direction, but I'd rather they went that way rather than have an army of paid pests out there trying to upsell the guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter