• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chart is probably blocked on my browser (work computer) so I'll look at it on my phone or home computer later.

Thanks everyone!

Curious if anyone has tracked what phones (old, new, android, ios) or cell service providers have the best luck with boarding groups. I am not going til summer but I have been coming back to this post every few weeks to browse recent posts. Phones and service providers dont seem to get posted very often. Just curious if there is any advantage to gain from upgrading phones before a trip I guess.

There's an interesting poll on Touring Plans where it looks like they're trying to get a handle on what percentage of people are successful getting a boarding group. It looks like the vast majority of people are successful. Of course, that's not helpful to people who don't get one but at least it helps us get an idea of the odds. It's also, I'm sure, a little skewed because the most casual park goers aren't going to be on Touring Plans and it's a small sample size. But for anyone who's already made the attempt to get a boarding group, you may want to add in your answer to the poll as well. The larger the sample size, the more accurate I would assume.

https://touringplans.com/blog/2020/02/25/rise-experience/
Just talked to a coworker who had visited last week. She went twice, and the first time she was NOT successful in getting in. Made me a bit worried for my visit in April since I'll only get two, maybe three shots (my planned day is Friday, Monday is a planned Uni day but I can make it work if necessary, Tuesday I'm leaving mid-afternoon and I guess I would maybe try if the first two days don't work? Saturday and Sunday are Rival Run race days so that's not happening).

This is exactly what I plan on doing (even hotel coffee or a quick Dunkin' run off property) Am at DHS for two days next week (T 3/3 and F 3/5). was lucky enough to get FP+ for SDD, MFSR, TOT, SWST, TSMM over the course of those two days. Only thing I'm dreading is rope drop for MMRR on the Friday day but fortunate enough to have no real need to be in sea of humanity waiting to get into SWGE either of those days.
I will also be there Friday 3/6. I could care less about getting on MMRR. Won’t try to rope drop or wait 3 hours stand by either. My hope is that it lessens the lines at other rides. Have a FP for MFSM TOT and TSM. Anything else Is just a bonus

Curious if anyone has tracked what phones (old, new, android, ios) or cell service providers have the best luck with boarding groups. I am not going til summer but I have been coming back to this post every few weeks to browse recent posts. Phones and service providers dont seem to get posted very often. Just curious if there is any advantage to gain from upgrading phones before a trip I guess.
Sounds like a great idea for a new thread. I'd be interested in the results!

the more I read the worse the anxiety gets...
If you read posts from last Thursday/Friday, I assure you, you would see a lot of us from this thread were legit freaking out. I was one of them. And @yulilin3 can probably attest to that as she was the one trying to calm us all down and talk us off the ledge. But I have been practicing pretty regularly for a couple of weeks now and I feel as prepared as I can be. I have about a month to go and will be there on one of the busiest weeks of the year. I know there's no guaranty that we will get a BG, much less a guaranty that we would even ride. But I can only worry about what's within my control. I can anticipate the potential day-of hurdles and pitfalls, thanks to the many people who have posted their real time experiences. After that, what else can I do? My point: please don't freak out. Hope you have enough opportunities to practice getting a BG so that you'll be prepared for the real deal!

Coming back to report: Today was finally our HS day. Due to the weather forecast for later in the week we moved around some of our plans and attended the MK After Hours event last night (instead of the Villains version on Friday). As a result we were wiped out and slower getting going than originally planned. Left the BCV around 6:50 and walked to HS. Made it through bag check and the tap-stiles with no issues by 7:18 or so. Headed back towards Toy Story land and the line was all the way back to Walt Disney Presents. Clearly we were not rope dropping Slinky at that point. We had 3 iPhone 8s attempting to get boarding groups - DS 13 on Verizon LTE, DH on WiFi and me on Verizon LTE. Opened the apps at 7:58 and waited to click the AT-AT until 8:00. I was the winner and got BG 3!! My son was so excited and my hands were shaking. Another family next to us got BG 2 and they were thrilled. Luck was definitely on our side and I feel so relieved and thankful. We really enjoyed the ride, but the process was pretty stressful and the park was absolutely mobbed today. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning.

Just talked to a coworker who had visited last week. She went twice, and the first time she was NOT successful in getting in. Made me a bit worried for my visit in April since I'll only get two, maybe three shots (my planned day is Friday, Monday is a planned Uni day but I can make it work if necessary, Tuesday I'm leaving mid-afternoon and I guess I would maybe try if the first two days don't work? Saturday and Sunday are Rival Run race days so that's not happening).
I'm in a similar situation. I'll be there for the Star Wars races. My plan is currently to try to get a boarding group the Monday after the races. If that doesn't work out, Tuesday is a possibility to try again if needed but we have an 8:30 pm flight home so wouldn't be able to stay all day. If we are successful with the boarding group on Monday, Tuesday will be at Animal Kingdom since we already have a fast pass for FOP that day.

I will also be there Friday 3/6. I could care less about getting on MMRR. Won’t try to rope drop or wait 3 hours stand by either. My hope is that it lessens the lines at other rides. Have a FP for MFSM TOT and TSM. Anything else Is just a bonus

Our first DHS day is getting there by 8am for ROTR BG and then off to Lightning McQueen Racing Academy

My mom and aunt are traveling to Disney World in April. I’ve been helping them plan and they are nervous about getting a boarding pass as they aren’t the most tech savvy people. Is it possible that once they scan into the park I log into my moms My Disney Experience app account from my home in the Midwest to get their boarding passes when they open. As long as they are in the park I was thinking that might work. Or does the app register a location? Just hoping to relieve some stress.

Our first DHS day is getting there by 8am for ROTR BG and then off to Lightning McQueen Racing Academy
That sounds smart in theory...but...it doesn't open until 10am, even when the park is opening at 8am. Hopefully you get a low BG number so you're called quickly to that, so you're not standing around for 2 hours waiting for McQueen

My mom and aunt are traveling to Disney World in April. I’ve been helping them plan and they are nervous about getting a boarding pass as they aren’t the most tech savvy people. Is it possible that once they scan into the park I log into my moms My Disney Experience app account from my home in the Midwest to get their boarding passes when they open. As long as they are in the park I was thinking that might work. Or does the app register a location? Just hoping to relieve some stress.
Read post one of the thread. Yes you can do that

Thanks for that headsup!
Yes, check the hours! Many of the shows and character meets don't start until 1-2 hours after park opening.

We got a boarding group last week, waited in a crazy long line for the Guest Experiences Team to get us all in the group after having issues with members of our party not being registered in the park, and then had breakfast in Docking Bay 7 and walked around Galaxy's Edge before heading to Lightning McQueen (which my family did while I went to my first FP for TOT). We didn't realize it didn't open until 10 so they waited about 15 minutes for the first show (and were still in it when I was done with TOT).

If you read posts from last Thursday/Friday, I assure you, you would see a lot of us from this thread were legit freaking out. I was one of them. And @yulilin3 can probably attest to that as she was the one trying to calm us all down and talk us off the ledge. But I have been practicing pretty regularly for a couple of weeks now and I feel as prepared as I can be. I have about a month to go and will be there on one of the busiest weeks of the year. I know there's no guaranty that we will get a BG, much less a guaranty that we would even ride. But I can only worry about what's within my control. I can anticipate the potential day-of hurdles and pitfalls, thanks to the many people who have posted their real time experiences. After that, what else can I do? My point: please don't freak out. Hope you have enough opportunities to practice getting a BG so that you'll be prepared for the real deal!

it has to be all of us that get these BG right??? I have friends that look at me sideways when I explain all this to them (as they anyway when WDW comes up). I mean how do those who go in blind get BG's?!

Anyway... hopefully my marriage survives this trip. lol

You're welcome. It's kind of annoying that these shows start so late after opening. Seems like it'd be a great way to spread the crowds around a bit more.
That was EXACTLY my thinking going into my original plan esp for those parents out there like me with a five year old in tow. Shows would be great before 10am; wonder what keeps them from doing so, at least ones that don't involve actors/ actresses.

Yes, check the hours! Many of the shows and character meets don't start until 1-2 hours after park opening.

We got a boarding group last week, waited in a crazy long line for the Guest Experiences Team to get us all in the group after having issues with members of our party not being registered in the park, and then had breakfast in Docking Bay 7 and walked around Galaxy's Edge before heading to Lightning McQueen (which my family did while I went to my first FP for TOT). We didn't realize it didn't open until 10 so they waited about 15 minutes for the first show (and were still in it when I was done with TOT).
Didn’t even think about show times. We will be in by 8 to try to get a BG. First FP for TOT isn’t until 9:30. Maybe we will try Star Tours bc I don’t think I can deal with the GE or TSL crowds at rope drop

That was EXACTLY my thinking going into my original plan esp for those parents out there like me with a five year old in tow. Shows would be great before 10am; wonder what keeps them from doing so, at least ones that don't involve actors/ actresses.
I'll have a 5 year old as well on my trip :) just remember to not make promises! lol. I hyped up SDD to her on our first trip, which was a few months after TSL opened. Didn't plan for a 3 hour wait when we entered the park for that ride. She was devastated. At least on this upcoming trip I can plan FP for it a little easier.

Anyway, good luck on the ROTR strategy! Might want to look into Jedi Training as another option that could take up some time early on, especially if you can get them in the first training session of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter