READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s just our luck. Back on using recovery FP. Stalled again. This is it. I’m done. Spent so many hours of my vacation standing around, waiting for this ride to work. I’m nearly in tears. ETA: 40mins standing in one spot. It’s brutally hot. People are smelly. I’m so done with this ride.

Maybe it’s just our luck. Back on using recovery FP. Stalled again. This is it. I’m done. Spent so many hours of my vacation standing around, waiting for this ride to work. I’m nearly in tears. ETA: 40mins standing in one spot. It’s brutally hot. People are smelly. I’m so done with this ride.

This is day 2 for you, right? You’re on a recovery FP from last night? Either way, I’m sorry for your bad luck, really sucks that you wasted so much time. Hopefully it turns around!

This is day 2 for you, right? You’re on a recovery FP from last night? Either way, I’m sorry for your bad luck, really sucks that you wasted so much time. Hopefully it turns around!

Yes, and thank you. 😊
Second day, third attempt.
We were not evacuated and did finish the ride today.
I can honestly say process of attaining a BG is worth it. The bugs in the system that make it breakdown with frequency have made me rethink riding again until this is under control.

Tomorrow is our day. Super anxious, but trying to not worry about it too much. We spent Monday afternoon when we arrived at HS (I had some great fast passes). However, it has been really crowded this week. Hopefully we can make it work, it not, we have some fast passes for the day to hopefully make it ok. It’s also my birthday tomorrow, so send all of the good karma my way!

Tomorrow is our day. Super anxious, but trying to not worry about it too much. We spent Monday afternoon when we arrived at HS (I had some great fast passes). However, it has been really crowded this week. Hopefully we can make it work, it not, we have some fast passes for the day to hopefully make it ok. It’s also my birthday tomorrow, so send all of the good karma my way!

:bday: MTFBWY!!!

Getting ready for a huge family trip Friday to Disney. First time we will all be there together in a decade. We are heading there to celebrate my youngest's 21st Bday. The main reason we are going to HS is that my 4 boys (all adults now) are HUGE Star Wars fans. Fortunately, I did not even know about the whole BG things until last night. (I say fortunately because I would have spent countless hours researching and worrying instead of just one day doing this. 🤣)

So, here I am a worried mom the night before we fly and I have a few questions and I hope you can help!

First off, is it harder to get a BP with a party of 5? Or are the names already selected and I don't actually have to pick them to move on to confirm? I have watched so many videos and most of them are for a party of 1 or 2.

Second, is it wise to have us all try to get that BG at the same time?

If so, how does that work? As soon as one person gets it everyone else stops? or do we keep proceeding until someone is able to actually confirm?

Thanks!
I am already so nervous and we are even in Florida yet!

Happy birthday!! :)
Have a great time and MTFBWY!

First off, is it harder to get a BP with a party of 5? Or are the names already selected and I don't actually have to pick them to move on to confirm? I have watched so many videos and most of them are for a party of 1 or 2.

If all of your party is there and they are the only people in your friends and family list, you can click "select all," if you have more people in your list than are there, you do have to choose them one at a time.

Yes, it increases your odds.

If so, how does that work? As soon as one person gets it everyone else stops? or do we keep proceeding until someone is able to actually confirm?

If someone tries and another member already has gotten through it will tell you that you are already in the BG.

Lol, I'm going soon and am nervous as well! Have fun and don't stress too much, after all, you'll be in Disney!

Getting ready for a huge family trip Friday to Disney. First time we will all be there together in a decade. We are heading there to celebrate my youngest's 21st Bday. The main reason we are going to HS is that my 4 boys (all adults now) are HUGE Star Wars fans. Fortunately, I did not even know about the whole BG things until last night. (I say fortunately because I would have spent countless hours researching and worrying instead of just one day doing this. 🤣)

So, here I am a worried mom the night before we fly and I have a few questions and I hope you can help!

Thanks!
I recommend reading posts 1 & 2 from this thread. The are updated. Make sure that you "select all" names. If a name doesn't show up, move on without that person and then wait in line at Guest Relations to have that person added afterwards. All of you should try for a BG. That increases your chances immensely. You can all use the same app login. Once one person gets the BG, everyone who is still trying will be notified that you're already in a group. MTFBWY!

HBD and good luck! :)

Really appreciated all the advice here that helped so wanted to share our experiences today. Got to park about 7:10, kept to the right and no line for bag check. Stayed to the right and about 30 people in front of us for tapstyles. Tapped in by about 7:20 and went to the shaded seats outside the boat on Echo Lake and sat there.
At 7:58 opened app on iPhones SE, 7, 6 all with WiFi off on Verizon and ATT (7). Also had kind friend signed into our account on app many states away. At 8 pressed Find Out More and Join Boarding Group. All three phones in the park got screen that said something like can’t join boarding group again. Hit My Status to see we were in Boarding Group 5, so it must have been our friend far away who was fastest.

Got up and phone chimed at 8:10 saying we had until 9:10 to get to ROTR. Went directly to GE, it was so crowded we weren’t very fast, not sure exactly when we arrived. Walked right in, there were 8 people in the first room, which looks like it could hold dozens. We got on and were off by 8:40. Then off or MFSR.

With all the phones we swiped up to close all apps. Used the clock on the phone once app was open to watch it turn to 8. Wifi off, didn’t turn off Bluetooth or location services. None of that matter since our friend was fastest. It wouldn’t have even occurred to me that someone far away could do this for us without reading advice here.

What an amazing day! Couldn’t have done it without all the help from here.

Thanks!
If you have a large group traveling but only 5 looking to ride, you'll have to deselect anyone not trying for a boarding group but a larger group is fine, it's not like getting FPs. Make sure everyone is tapped into the park prior to park opening who wants to ride. You'll want to definitely have more people trying (the more the merrier! lol). Whoever gets in first will get the BG and everyone else will get a "Whoa, looks like you are already in a boarding group" message.

Recommend reading the first two posts in this thread, lots of good information there :)

Have a great trip!!!

Sorry if this has been asked a million times. Should everyone in your group attempt to get a boarding group for ROTR? Does this jam the app up? Or is it better if only person from the group logs on to the app and tries for everyone?

Yes, everyone should log on and try for everyone. No harm, and whoever has the fastest phone/network/processor/luck is the "winner"! Once one person has it for everyone, the others will get notification that they are already in a boarding group.

I will also be there Friday 3/6. I could care less about getting on MMRR. Won’t try to rope drop or wait 3 hours stand by either. My hope is that it lessens the lines at other rides. Have a FP for MFSM TOT and TSM. Anything else Is just a bonus
I'm not going until June unfortunately, but I am REALLY HOPING that I get the same kind of FPs you got! If I can't get MFSR, I will go for Rockin Roller Coaster.

Happy BIRTHDAY!!! What a way to celebrate! May The Force Be With You!

The Chart on Post 2 has been updated.

- 101 total BGs were called - 61 Regular and 40 Backups - for an avg 8.4 BG per hour day - "just OK" generally speaking
- BGs being able to book lasted 20 minutes from the 8am park opening

We now have 22 days with 8am park openings / 12 hour park days (there was one day in there they added an hour during the day, but ignoring that detail for these purposes) - over that time the average daily BG count is 105 and the average elapsed time to fill all BGs is almost 14 minutes.

For the visual folks.... over that 22 day period, the # of BGs called by type per day....
of-BGs-Called-By-Type.png

And also over that same 22 day period, the elapsed time to fill all BGs per day...
Elapsed-time-to-fill-all-BGs.png

So, we’ll be there in March (the week after Runaway Railway opens). We will be headed to DHS on both a Friday and a Sunday for a total of two day visits. On both days, the park is set to open at 8 AM... we would like to get to the park not only in order to be able to snag a boarding group without hassle but also be in pretty good standing for rope drop of either Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog Dash or Millennium Falcon.

I currently have my wake up call planned for 5:30 AM and I’m sure we should be ready to grab a bus by 6:30 AM, maybe? I’m just wondering when in order to best make what I’ve described above be most likely to happen... when should we be getting up and on a bus out to DHS? I really don’t want to screw this up for my group so I thought I’d ask for some advice and opinions... any additional thoughts or tips would be welcome as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter