RBT Premium Fantasmic Trip Report

We did the dessert party years ago and absolutely loved it. Also we were lucky enough to get front table seating at RBT, it makes a huge difference. Sorry to hear you had that experience. i think the offering is flawed. When we were there we invited another table to sit with us for the show since it was only three of us. The back tables are really sub-par for the cost.

Having the seat is certainly what sold it for us. Reports of fights breaking out over spots the first few nights the show returned had me worried and guarding a spot for over an hour didn’t sound like fun in that crowd. I also have trouble sitting on the ground for that long.

Plus, the food sounded a lot better than it was. We were used to WDW, which is mostly good to excellent for sit-down restaurants and expected similar. The teens turned their noses up at the Blue Bayou menu. I actually had a reservation there and canceled. Kicked myself afterward.

I assumed there were no desert buffet parties because of lack of viewing spaces. The box of sweets and cheese for WOC seemed way overpriced so we did Wine Country instead had a stellar view at the front of the viewing area (standing) and only waited around 45 min.

Since we are unlikely to

I did this dessert party with my larger family in 2006, and it was AWESOME. It was at the current Dream Suite balcony and only had maybe 10-12 crammed in spots available per show. Back then, that space was used for selling Disney art (which eventually got moved to Disneyana/Main Street later). I want to say I spent $55 per person which felt like A LOT at the time. But the whole experience was first class...
That's right!!! I remember my mom talking about this and pointing out the people sitting on the balcony. I bet that was an amazing experience!

This is a huge lost opportunity for Disneyland to make some money. I hate to say it, but I would even be willing to pay around $150/pp for something similar to the World of Color dessert party for Fantasmic. It would be worth it to have a seat, but I bet reservations for something like that would be snapped up in a second.

FWIW, you can still watch F! from the "Dream Suite" balcony... if you are having dinner at 21 Royal.

I think the seating area that used to be used for the F! Dessert Premium Seating like I went to in 2013 is now all for VIP. It used to be one half of the area was for VIP/C33 etc. but now that they do more VIP tours and the like I believe it's all reserved for that.

That's right!!! I remember my mom talking about this and pointing out the people sitting on the balcony. I bet that was an amazing experience!

This is a huge lost opportunity for Disneyland to make some money. I hate to say it, but I would even be willing to pay around $150/pp for something similar to the World of Color dessert party for Fantasmic. It would be worth it to have a seat, but I bet reservations for something like that would be snapped up in a second.
Hush your mouth before Disney reads this. 😆😆😆

Just as information for people, as everyone is talking about having a chair and the old desert party.

The Plaids now set up a seating area for the VIP tours the other side of the wall behind the dining package viewing areas. I watched them set it up.

Just as information for people, as everyone is talking about having a chair and the old desert party.

The Plaids now set up a seating area for the VIP tours the other side of the wall behind the dining package viewing areas. I watched them set it up.
Yes, that's what I mentioned as well. That's the same area that used to be the Dessert Premium seating but is now for VIP tours and others. Used to be only about half the area was for that but now it's the whole area.

In over four decades of going to Disney parks it is the first truly bad experience I have had. The waiter did not even wish my son a happy birthday.

He and the manager also tried to claim the show covered the lagoon, so it wouldn’t matter if we could see the island. I understand there was little they could do and weren’t the ones who decided to put tables in such places, but it was such a ridiculous thing to say. It may me wonder if people are just willing to put up with more in Disneyland.
Our grand daughter celebrated sweet 16 for our week- THREE people wished her a happy birthday. I have a reservation for here but was on and off the fence about keeping it. With our luck i would get that table. The purpose of paying that kind of money was to be seated. I dont know if i can sit on the ground--ill never get up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter