Raise Your Voice: Guaranteed Booking Categories at SSR

TenThousandVolts

<font color=darkcoral>I just gave 2 examples for t
I just read this in another thread, posted by LIFERBABE:
Also, I ask at every DVC meeting I attend when will SSR get priority bookings for certain sections/views. They always say that if the membership was more vocal about it, they would consider it. I think its time to get vocal.

I, for one, would love to be able to book a dtd view or even just guarantee CP.
If you agree that guaranteed views/sections would be an improvement please let the powers that be hear from you.

EDIT - Petition Link Removed for Review by DVC Mods - Chuck S

Or Send your own letter off to DVC Member Satisfaction at DVCMemberSatisfactionTeam@disneyvacationclub.com

It can be very simple- such as:

I would like to show support for the idea of changing the current room assignment procedure at Saratoga Springs to a system where guaranteed views and/or locations are reserved on a first come/first served basis at the time of booking.
Thank You,
Mr. X
Disney Vacation Club Member since YYYY

feel free to copy and paste/edit...

Here are 3 more detailed letters- to give you an idea- again, you can copy/edit/paste as you see fit.

tjkraz SAMPLE LETTER
MamaPrincess SAMPLE LETTER
10ThousandVolts SAMPLE LETTER

For those of you who say that SSR owners are clogging the system by snatching up BCV/BWV/WLV at 7 months- please support this campaign. It will allieviate that problem somewhat. I for one will not be switching at 7 months if I can guarantee my location- but without the guarantee I will very often switch out day-by-day at 7 months.

Be careful what you ask for. If you look at the other DVC properties that have different views, those preferred views cost more points.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how they'd make a change like that, as the terms don't allow them to raise the total points a room earns during the course of an entire year.

Be careful what you ask for. If you look at the other DVC properties that have different views, those preferred views cost more points.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how they'd make a change like that, as the terms don't allow them to raise the total points a room earns during the course of an entire year.

The couldn't raise them but they could reallocate them.

I think I'd be more in favor of room assignment at time of booking (then home resort priority would really mean something) or even (dare I say it) being able to select your room a la DCL.

not necessarily- for example- at BWV: BWview and preferred view are the same # of points, yet 2 different guaranteed categories. That is what I would like to see at SSR. Even if they did raise points- they would have to lower points elsewhere (in the non-preferred categories) and I would prefer that to the status quo- even though my 1st choice would be simply leaving the points chart alone and allowing guaranteed locations/views on a 1st come 1st served basis.
I am not even sure they would be allowed to do raise/lower points on a given unit like that but if they could, that would be okay with me.

I think I'd be more in favor of room assignment at time of booking (then home resort priority would really mean something) or even (dare I say it) being able to select your room a la DCL.
For my purposes- this would work just as well as (or better than) guaranteed categories/view. It gives even less control/flexiblity to DVC as they shuffle people in during check-in than guaranteed locations though so I doubt they would go for it.

Does anyone know where you send comments?

I'd be open to pretty much anything. Either owner priority, when you book priority, guaranteed location request or whatnot.

All I know is that my husband wants all Congress Park, all the time.

It would benefit the owners at that resort and that's always a good thing. I don't think there would be much cost if they kept it simple.

I personally don't want to use more points for the same room I usually get now. They would have to raise points alittle for the prefered and lower a little for the std. Todate I have gotten what I want so why would I ask them to charge me more. Just MHO.

At a resort like SSR, (or any of the DVC resorts) it would not be practical to allow you to pick your exact room ahead of time. On the DCL everyone is checking in the same day and checking out on the same day. By being able to book any number of days, you could get to the situation where there are different rooms available for every day of your stay. So for example on Sunday when you check in room 101 is empty but is taken for Monday and Tuesday. The room 102 is not available for Sunday but is available for Tuesday but not for Wednesday. You get the idea. The members at 11 months could get exactly what they want (down to the room) But I would bet even at the 7 month window you could have trouble finding 1 room available for an entire week. Most Timeshares that allow you to book an exact room require you to book an entire week on their schedule (certain check in day and check out day). Different "Views" as seperate booking catagories would cause as much problem but look at the BWV's where people can only get BW view for certain days and then need to switch to pool view for other day.

Thanks TenThousandVolts for starting this thread:thumbsup2

I dont want to mess with the point charts at all, just guarantee certain sections/views. I think DTD view is a biggie and so are the golf views of The Grandstand and the Springs section for accessability to the main areas. The Paddocks has gorgeous views also.

I just think the SSR owners should be given priority to guarantee these areas, rather than someone who does not own there just because they got there first.

Boardwalk View and Preferred View at BWV are the same amount of points. Why cant SSR do this?
The great thing about SSR is that there are many wonderful sections and many more members would be pleased than disappointed.

I agree with Dean, It doesnt have to be complicated at all. :hippie:

Count me in.

I don't see any great need to mess with the point charts. Just set-up the system to guarantee bookings by "neighborhood" (The Springs, Congress Park, etc.)

I mentioned this very thing in the survey I took after our stay. I don't know where else to "get vocal" though. There wasn't any chance for such things at the Wednesday meeting when we were there (we had hoped that would include some sort of forum for member input). If somebody knows where to send this suggestion, we'll sure do it!

For me, part of the appeal of SSR is that is doesn't have that annoying point chart with a thousand different levels of rooms. I'll probably never stay at AKL for just that very reason. I think they should just leave it alone and give you your room when you check in. The garden rooms are just a pretty as the DTD rooms, so why make them a different rate?

count me in if they keep it simple. (do not change point charts). I could see them re allocating points at CP, GS, or SP and lower them at Carousel. It doesnt seem to be desired by many.

I think they should just go back to room assigners at all the resorts. With non-smoking no longer being a required request, the only requests left are HA status and location/view. I think that gives more flexibility than coming up with categories.

I don't want the change. I bought in knowing that my points could be used to stay in any room in any area. I like requesting and if I don't get it, no big deal. But, to change that now I would feel like I was being charged more, even if they lessened the points somewhere else. We have a minimum amount of points right now, and we have it figured how we can take advantage of those points to our needs.

DVC Member Satisfaction manager is Jon Garcia DVCMemberSatisfactionTeam@disneyvacationclub.com

FWIW: FisherMouse, CinderellaSister, Madi100 and others who are basically saying: "I don't want the change because I don't want them to change the points charts" That is not what I am advocating here. I would just like the priority booking window to mean something. In my email, I will ask for no changes to the points charts but for location requests to be granted based on 1st come 1st served when the room is booked- not 1st come 1st served on check-in day.

I would love to see more categories at SSR especially so that I would know which area we were staying in. For my family Congress, Spring, Paddocks and Grandstand would all be great and then this way we would be assured all 3 rooms of family would be close to one another even if one family checks in the next day.

Amy

DVC Member Satisfaction manager is Jon Garcia DVCMemberSatisfactionTeam@disneyvacationclub.com

FWIW: FisherMouse, CinderellaSister, Madi100 and others who are basically saying: "I don't want the change because I don't want them to change the points charts" That is not what I am advocating here. I would just like the priority booking window to mean something. In my email, I will ask for no changes to the points charts but for location requests to be granted based on 1st come 1st served when the room is booked- not 1st come 1st served on check-in day.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
I will be asking for the same thing in my email. I do not want a change to the point charts either. Just guaranteed views and sections at the time of booking.
Thanks for posting the contact info TenThousandVolts:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter