Rabbit, Hatter & Chessie Go Rogue in Christmasland.New5/11 Meet my Nemesis, Splash M.

Great Fantasyland update! I have seen the new Dumbo and a little of Storybook Circus...whatever was open last July. But I can't wait to see the rest! I just wish the Mine coaster was going to be open in August. Can't wait to hear about BOG.

I'm skipping the Fantasyland section (peeking with my eyes half closed). I don't want to wreck the surprise!
;)

Finally joining in! I am not a big drinker, but I can not wait to try Dawa Bar!!!!

I hope you are enjoying your Roman Holiday!

I think you really nailed the new Fantasyland desciption on the head. Before the expansion, the area did feel like it was lacking, and I considered it more of a pathway to get from Tomorrowland to Frontierland. But now it feels complete and fitting for the Magic Kingdom.
I especially liked how you described Storybook Circus. I never really thought of just how much "princess" is in the new Fantasyland. Concentrating on the classic Dumbo and adding a common element like a circus really does tone that girly princessy stuff down a bit.
I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought of BOG. :thumbsup2

Great Fantasyland update! I have seen the new Dumbo and a little of Storybook Circus...whatever was open last July. But I can't wait to see the rest! I just wish the Mine coaster was going to be open in August. Can't wait to hear about BOG.

I CANNOT wait for the mine coaster... I wish the mine coaster would open sooner....:confused3

I'm skipping the Fantasyland section (peeking with my eyes half closed). I don't want to wreck the surprise!
;)

LOL... did you peek? You have awesome self-control... I'm really bad that way...;)

Finally joining in! I am not a big drinker, but I can not wait to try Dawa Bar!!!!

I hope you are enjoying your Roman Holiday!

Thanks for joining....:) I think you'll enjoy the Dawa both for the fun environment and the quality of the drinks...

:laughing: I do that when I read any TRs about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I don't want to see the pics! :rotfl:

You and Alysa are both models of self control...some of which I wished rubbed off on me...:lmao:

I think you really nailed the new Fantasyland desciption on the head. Before the expansion, the area did feel like it was lacking, and I considered it more of a pathway to get from Tomorrowland to Frontierland. But now it feels complete and fitting for the Magic Kingdom.
I especially liked how you described Storybook Circus. I never really thought of just how much "princess" is in the new Fantasyland. Concentrating on the classic Dumbo and adding a common element like a circus really does tone that girly princessy stuff down a bit.
I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought of BOG.

:thumbsup2

It did feel a little like a pathway... a cute pathway... but still a pathway... BOG is next up... really, really awesome...and I'm not a push over to please...;)

Been off on an adventure... and I have lots of catching up to do on everyone's TRs and PTRs... plan on starting tonight...

Going to Update this TR with our Lunch at Be Our Guest next...

& then I'm Planning on Starting a PTR for our July trip (with some bits on our recent week in Rome...

Hmmm... Thinking of names... everything feels corny...

A Funny Thing Happened on our Way to Via Napoli... we wound up in Rome...
Roman & Epcot Holiday...
If this is Epcot, why isn't Via Napoli here?

Obviously- I'm having Writer's Block :blush:... but I have a couple of Days to Name it before I get to it... so I'll just have to THINK on it...:rolleyes1

Been off on an adventure... and I have lots of catching up to do on everyone's TRs and PTRs... plan on starting tonight...

Going to Update this TR with our Lunch at Be Our Guest next...

& then I'm Planning on Starting a PTR for our July trip (with some bits on our recent week in Rome...

Hmmm... Thinking of names... everything feels corny...

A Funny Thing Happened on our Way to Via Napoli... we wound up in Rome...
Roman & Epcot Holiday...
If this is Epcot, why isn't Via Napoli here?

Obviously- I'm having Writer's Block :blush:... but I have a couple of Days to Name it before I get to it... so I'll just have to THINK on it...:rolleyes1

Welcome back; can't wait to hear all about Rome, an update to your TR and a PTR (I started mine while you were gone)

Hello! and Welcome Back!

I can't wait to read about Rome.

Loved all your updates.

I am really looking forward to New Fantasyland.

We have a reservation at Raglan Road. I can't wait to try it.

:goodvibes

Welcome back!!!!!!

Can't wait to read about it all!

Welcome home! Looking forward to hearing about Rome. And for what it's worth...I like the "Funny thing happened..." title :cool2:

Welcome back! I wondered how your Rome trip went. Everytime I caught up on your TR I saw your little ticker for your trip and got a little jealous. :lmao:

All caught up! I agree that TRs are so great for finding new places and things to do. The Dawa bar looks awesome, I might have to try it next time I'm there. Your Snow White tee is very cute, nice choice! Great pictures from Fantasyland as well - I love it there and I think that they did a great job with it.

I'm having problems with photobucket... editing my photos so please excuse the ones on their sides...;)

In Love with Be Our Guest...

While I'm in love with a vast majority of things Disney; I am always willing to offer a bit of "constructive" criticism when the opportunity arrises ;) . However in the case of Disney's newest Fantasyland restaurant I only have loads and loads of love to offer. I think that it is positively a wonderful, immersive themed dining experience.

The Beast's Castle (which houses Be Our Guest) provides a sort of anchor to the new Beauty and the Beast section of New Fantasyland does a pretty amazing job of replicating the castle in the movie... you approach the castle via a bridge with gargoyles...

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

David looks sad like the gargoyle... :(

We had planned to eat lunch here since we hadn't gotten an ADR for dinner... lunch is Counter Service but totally unlike any counter service you've experienced before. They start serving at 11... and assuming that there would probably be a crowd... we went over around 10:40... and line was building about 1/2 across the bridge...

100_1017.jpg

going in

100_1018.jpg

It felt like they were letting people in to the castle in groups of 50-60... By about 11:10... we were IN...

100_1021.jpg

100_1024.jpg

Since at lunch it's counter service... you pass through a hall with armor... very cool detailing until you reach the order kiosks... where you place your order...

100_1030.jpg

100_1031.jpg

100_1032.jpg

100_1036.jpg

100_1040.jpg

100_1044.jpg

After you've ordered you are given a rose by a CM that signals to the servers that bring out your food where you are located...

100_1037.jpg

There is seating in three rooms...

The largest is the ballroom and on either side of it are the library and the forbidden West Wing room...

100_1047.jpg

100_1054.jpg

100_1049.jpg

100_1051.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

The food was great...

IMG_1175.jpg

Eric had Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style) - eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardiniere

IMG_1176.jpg

David had the Grilled Steak Sandwich - with garlic butter spread and pommes frites

IMG_1173.jpg

Wanting something lighter, I had the Quinoa Salad - with green beens, potatoes, olives, roasted bell peppers and tomatoes

Eric and I split a lemon meringue cupcake that was also very tasty...

The food was good, the atmosphere amazing... I can only imagine at night that it would be very magical with everything lit up, tables set with servers and the Beast making an appearance...

But...

I really loved the Counter Service as well... the kiosk ordering was really cool, getting the tracking rose...& it's quite nice how they bring your food out to you on trolleys...

Either way... I think that BOG is an awesome addition to the dining choices and we will DEFINITELY be going back...

IMG_1169.jpg

Next up: Some MK Classics and examining my Love/Hate Relationship with Splash Mountain...

I've fallen a little behind again... but not too badly ;)... hoping to get totally back on track this week... Working on my PTR Intro for July trip (so I can also post some Rome stuff before I start to forget...;)-and I also really want to write about it ...:goodvibes... I think I'll go with some riff on the corny A Funny thing happened on the way to Via Napoli- we wound up in Rome
title

In my defense, I got caught up in a bit of family excitement... Ems got accepted into Johns Hopkins University and will be attending as part of the Class of 2017... I'm very proud of her and also incredibly relieved that this whole college application process is ending...(it is stressful emotionally, physically, financially-just name it)... Although in some ways it's an exciting time...it is also very difficult time :faint:)

Welcome back; can't wait to hear all about Rome, an update to your TR and a PTR (I started mine while you were gone)

Thanks Kathy...:goodvibes... I've been over and have to come back and check on your latest update/s

Hello! and Welcome Back!

I can't wait to read about Rome.

Thanks :goodvibes... I'm looking forward to writing about it...

Loved all your updates.

I am really looking forward to New Fantasyland.

You can probably tell I'm a big fan...:rotfl:

We have a reservation at Raglan Road. I can't wait to try it.

:goodvibes

You're going to love Raglan Road... it's a great place...

Welcome back!!!!!!

Can't wait to read about it all!
Thank you... it's good to be back...:thumbsup2

Welcome back! I can’t wait to hear about Rome!

Thanks Erin...

Welcome home! Looking forward to hearing about Rome. And for what it's worth...I like the "Funny thing happened..." title :cool2:

I kind of like it too... I think it's currently my favorite...:scratchin

Welcome back! I like the "Funny thing happened" title, that's cute.

Me too...;)

Welcome back! I wondered how your Rome trip went. Everytime I caught up on your TR I saw your little ticker for your trip and got a little jealous. :lmao:

LOL... I'm the same way... I always have travel/trip envy... I don't really care that much about other people's cars or electronics but I always have a little pang when I hear about people's upcoming trips...but like I always tell David... we can't help how we feel only what how we act/what we do & it's not so bad to read about trips because you can get ideas of what you do or don't want to do yourself...;)

All caught up! I agree that TRs are so great for finding new places and things to do. The Dawa bar looks awesome, I might have to try it next time I'm there. Your Snow White tee is very cute, nice choice! Great pictures from Fantasyland as well - I love it there and I think that they did a great job with it.

Dawa is really a great stop. Thanks about the t-shirt... I'm particularly fond of that one...;) I totally love NFL... and think I'll really be over the top when the Dwarves' Mine Ride is open...::yes::

Great review of BOG, I agree completely! They really did an amazing job with it . That quinoa salad looks delicious, I thought about trying it but we shared meals since we were there more for the atmosphere than actually being in need of food, so I ended up with a sandwich!

Good Morning Patricia and Happy Easter to you and your family! I've been trying to catch up since I've been home but it's almost been like a comedy of errors. Ugh. I loved your review of BOG and I am soooo anxious to try it! I think the pork looks amazing and I believe that's what I'm going to get....that is if we get in!!

You must be soooo proud of Emily! Wow what an awesome school! It makes me feel as though there's hope for Victoria for moving past her issues. Speaking of that you should have seen Victoria at Playlist. She was shining! She was really in her element and it was wonderful to see. :)

Oh man, BOG looks more and more amazing every time I read about it. It's so beautiful in there! I think it's pretty cool that its ts for dinner and ca for lunch. Some day I have to get there. Thanks for the review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter