Question about ECV's and rental cars

Jimdamedic

Mouseketeer
I have a question about ECV's and rental cars. A little about us. We are a group of 8. 4 teens/preteen children and 4 adults. My brother in law has MS and is going to rent an ECV for the week. I am the only person who feels comfortably driving in the big city. They want to rent a Durango or Suburban for the week for the 8 of us. I went to the dealership and all of us can fit in the Durango, I'm just worried about the scooter.

I read the FAQ's and saw that the scooters will break into parts. The Durango's area behind the 3rd seat is about 1 1/2 feet deep. Would the base of the scooter fit in this area? If I have to, we can put the rest on the floor in front of the other seats. I'm just curious if anyone else has experience with a Durango/Suburban and ECV's. If this won't work, I'll probably have to pay $$$$$ for a full size van. Thanks

I'd suggest you contact the place he will be renting it from and ask if they will do some measurements for you of the model they will be providing for him. I would guess with your combination of 8 passengers, that putting the back seat forward a bit (if it's even possible) would not allow enough room for your passengers.
I'm making an assumption that you are getting the rental vehicle form the airport and will have all 8 people and their luggage in it for the trip from the airport to your resort. If that's the plan, I'm not sure all your luggage will fit. DH and I rented a Durango with another couple in January and were able to fit all our luggage back there, but I'm not sure if twice the amount of luggage would fit. Also, we were only at WDW for 4 days, so we each had only medium size bags (DH and I had carryons).

My ECV is a former rental. It is 43" long and 23" wide. When I break it down the main plate drops down in length to about 33" x 23".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter