Question about cancelling PS's

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I recently read a post on the DIS that said even if you don't show up for a PS it doesn't matter because they just won't enter your name if you don't show up. So is it really okay if we find out we can't make a PS to just not show up or do they prefer a cancellation call? It would be so much easier for us if we didn't have to call, but if that is what is preferred then of course we will.

I don't anticipate having to cancel our PS's, but I'm having a tough time figuring out what times to make them for and I wanted to know what to do in case we do end up needing to cancel.

Thanks!

-Laura

I would cancel if I could. If there was some freak reason I couldn't call then I'd let it slide, but I would always call and cancel. You never know who will want the time that you have.

As long as you are not subject to any cancellation penalities (they would have told you when you made the PS), if you don't show up, your PS will go to the next available PS party of your party's size. If no PS party is waiting, it'll go to the first people waiting.

That's one of the beauties of PS. A lot of people feel it's good manners to cancel if you know before hand. I personally never cancel them when I'm there. Usually too busy or not a phone handy. I will cancel if I change my mind before we leave or the day before from my resort room.

When we were there this last trip we decided we weren't going to use one of our PS to BOMA.

So I wanted to cancel our dinner PS, thinking it would give someone else the opportunity to use them.

She said it doesn't matter, they don't do anything or make any notation. She did not take my name. This was early in the day of the PS, so maybe once it gets to the day of... they aren't going to worry about people calling in for PS.

If I know in the morning before leaving the hotel that I will not make it to my dinner PS then I cancel so someone else can have the PS. If I am out in the parks and just don't make it then i don't cancel it. I never feel bad about it because like the previous poster said, that is the beauty of PS! they are not holding a table for you or anything so you are not inconvienencing them in any way by not showing up. I just cancel in the morning if possible so if someone calls and tries to get a last minute PS then there might be a time available. Otherwise, forget it!

You can also cancel the PS at any full service restaurant. We have done this before and we haven't had any problems.

Kristaprincess:

last time I cancelled any i changed before we left ( which was oh, maybe 2000 or so:o ) but when we got there and i got a read out at checkin, most of them hadn't been cancelled! I should have just saved my long distance charges and only cancelled them if i was already on the phone with them, making more PS of course!:o :o

To think that a schedule PS is sitting there - not being used and yet not cancelled in the system and yet so many of us on the phone day after day hoping for a cancellation is really disconcerning to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter