Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@footballmouse Congratulations to your nephew and his wife!!

@Snowysmom, you are so honest with your struggles, and I do sense healing. :hug:

@flyingdumbo127 , I do hope you are continually seeing improvement!

I am struggling with a decision regarding the CPAP machine. For instance, the machine’s app gave me a 95 score, and rightfully says the mask was off 7 times. That’s 7 times I was up in the night and most of the time I was up for 30-45 because I couldn’t fall back to sleep. I took the machine off for one period and read a book for a bit, real book, I don’t use screens at night. So, you can imagine just how much sleep I got in those 8 hours.

So, I have had nights like that without the machine, but to have them with the machine, and I’ve had quite a few, but this was the worse.

Am not sure what to do.

I have a call into the nurse staff at pulmonologist office.

Last edited:
@footballmouse Congratulations to your nephew and his wife!!

@Snowysmom, you are so honest with your struggles, and I do sense healing. :hug:

@flyingdumbo127 , I do hope you are continually seeing improvement!

I am struggling with a decision regarding the CPAP machine. For instance, the machine’s app gave me a 95 score, and rightfully says the mask was off 7 times. That’s 7 times I was up in the night and most of the time I was up for 30-45 because I couldn’t fall back to sleep. I took the machine off for one period and read a book for a bit, real book, I don’t use screens at night. So, you can imagine just how much sleep I got in those 8 hours.

So, I have had nights like that without the machine, but to have them with the machine, and I’ve had quite a few, but this was the worse.

Am not sure what to do.
Bobbi, many people struggle with CPAP. Some can’t wear it. Others don’t mind it. And many are in-between. So don’t feel bad.

There can be various issues that bother people. Sweating. Discomfort. Unable to tolerate, etc.

It’s definitely better if you wear it because not only will you feel better if you get better quality sleep from wearing it, you can avoid long term problems from untreated sleep apnea.

Companies understand this, and have some tricks up their sleeves for helping people get better adjusted to it. Have you tried calling them to talk about it? There are different types of masks/prongs, settings can be changed, maybe trying a different type of machine, etc. Some people take something like melatonin early in the evening to help them get ready for sleep. We see a lot of this in the hospital.

I hope you can work it out. :hug:

Bobbi, many people struggle with CPAP. Some can’t wear it. Others don’t mind it. And many are in-between. So don’t feel bad.

There can be various issues that bother people. Sweating. Discomfort. Unable to tolerate, etc.

It’s definitely better if you wear it because not only will you feel better if you get better quality sleep from wearing it, you can avoid long term problems from untreated sleep apnea.

Companies understand this, and have some tricks up their sleeves for helping people get better adjusted to it. Have you tried calling them to talk about it? There are different types of masks/prongs, settings can be changed, maybe trying a different type of machine, etc. Some people take something like melatonin early in the evening to help them get ready for sleep. We see a lot of this in the hospital.

I hope you can work it out. :hug:
Hi, I do take a Relaxium an hour before bedtime…over the years I have tried many sleep aides, and one of this brand has helped me the best, so I have continued. I only take one, not two, two have made me groggy. I noticed that months ago. I have reached out to the company that makes the machine, and they have helped. I am uncomfortable with all the hose in my bed, where I put my hands…it’s all just too much for me to deal with. I went to doctors for help to sleep, and for this month and a half, I am no better off, and much worse off than I had been.

Thank you for what you say!

Hi, I do take a Relaxium an hour before bedtime…over the years I have tried many sleep aides, and one of this brand has helped me the best, so I have continued. I only take one, not two, two have made me groggy. I noticed that months ago. I have reached out to the company that makes the machine, and they have helped. I am uncomfortable with all the hose in my bed, where I put my hands…it’s all just too much for me to deal with. I went to doctors for help to sleep, and for this month and a half, I am no better off, and much worse off than I had been.

Thank you for what you say!
You’re welcome! Maybe just step back from it then for a little bit to try to catch up on sleep and take the stress off, gather your thoughts, and think about what you want to do. I haven’t looked, but I bet there’s a lot of ideas online from people who’ve had similar issues trying to get used to their CPAP machines. I wish you luck with it all! :flower3:

:hug:and extra love, Bobbi. I agree with Pea:hug:Be kind always to yourself, take a step back and seek out assistance. As I have shared and sure come to know, all sleep is such a
blessing and so important too. Thank you always. Day by day, I am healing. Love what you said to our friend Snowysom.

Dear Lynn:hug:, love the ducks and hope your appointment went well.

I am checking ot Redeemtv. I enjoyed a completely free Christmas movie called The Perfect Gift. It portrays my view on the Christmas season so well. I love how God brings the small town together.

Dad, thank God, is staying home today. Amazon expected shortly to deliver a few things including light weight pajama pants for me that are purple with a heart print. I will share how I like them later :)

I am uncomfortable with all the hose in my bed, where I put my hands…it’s all just too much for me to deal with.
I don't blame you a bit if you can't tolerate it - I know I wouldn't be able to! But if the hose is the biggest problem, they do make a thing you can hook it on to keep it out of the way. My DH has one:
IMG_2405.jpeg
and it folds quite small for travel.

Happy Thursday!:flower:

Supposed to be a beautiful day today :sunny:. I'm going to work in the office this morning and then leave to finish up at home. Bosses aren't here so don't see why I need to be.🤷‍♀️

I won a sandbox from the auction site the other day, today is one of the pick up days. Paid $25 for it, they sell for $60 at the store so I was excited :goofy:. I have Mia all day next Wednesday, Bailey is working and Evan has a golf outing. Praying it will be nice so we can play outside 🤞. I picked her up from daycare yesterday and we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream before heading to her house. A little appetizer with grandma before dinner.😉

Stopped at Mitchell's on the way home to drop off some shorts that I got him. His dog, Caramel, was outside and she jumped in my car like she was going to go with me 🐶. She's still a puppy and she's so sweet and quiet around me, but Mitchell said she barks at everyone that goes by.

By the time I got home, my dogs were all over me since I had the scent of Caramel and Mia's cats on my hands.

Lunch/dinner yesterday was Chipotle. Today I'm having some leftover cauliflower rice stir fry. It was really good the other night, I hope all the flavors that I bought are that good.

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning.
We finally got a thunderstorm last night that produced some rain. It dumped down for an hour. The weird thing is, I went in the garden a few minutes ago, and there are places in there that are still dry. Mostly in the squash row, which is on the outside of the tomato plant rows. So nothing would have been blocking the rain.

Temps only going to be in the low 80's today, and most of the humidity is gone.

Making some pasta salad for dinner tonight to have with a hot dog and some fresh corn. One of the zucchini's is almost ready to pick. If it was, that would be part of dinner too.

Have a nice day everyone

1719495430417.png

We finally got a thunderstorm last night that produced some rain. It dumped down for an hour. The weird thing is, I went in the garden a few minutes ago, and there are places in there that are still dry. Mostly in the squash row, which is on the outside of the tomato plant rows. So nothing would have been blocking the rain.
Maybe you had a critter visitor laying there? It sounds odd that they wouldn't find shelter, but it's all I can think of.

@footballmouse, tonight our dinner will be from Chipotle! First we go to a library presentation about an octopus. The nature center has one and I am pretty sure Inkjet, I think that’s the name will be brought. The woman who gave the presentation about horseshoe crabs should be the presenter tonight.

I was pleased that the pulmonologist listened to what I had to say. He saw the results of my CPAP nights and understood that I was not getting better sleep. I am scheduled for an overnight pulse oximetry test. Which is
An overnight pulse oximetry test is a screening test that evaluates blood oxygen levels1. It is commonly used to diagnose sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea1. The test is also used to qualify for home oxygen use1.

Perhaps oxygen, not the CPAP machine will give me better night’s sleep.

They know I will not be bringing the CPAP machine to Florida with me, and understand my reluctance to bring it with me. I was very pleased with todays visit!

@footballmouse, tonight our dinner will be from Chipotle! First we go to a library presentation about an octopus. The nature center has one and I am pretty sure Inkjet, I think that’s the name will be brought. The woman who gave the presentation about horseshoe crabs should be the presenter tonight.

I was pleased that the pulmonologist listened to what I had to say. He saw the results of my CPAP nights and understood that I was not getting better sleep. I am scheduled for an overnight pulse oximetry test. Which is
An overnight pulse oximetry test is a screening test that evaluates blood oxygen levels1. It is commonly used to diagnose sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea1. The test is also used to qualify for home oxygen use1.

Perhaps oxygen, not the CPAP machine will give me better night’s sleep.

They know I will not be bringing the CPAP machine to Florida with me, and understand my reluctance to bring it with me. I was very pleased with todays visit!
There are quite a few people that choose to wear oxygen overnight instead of CPAP! I’m glad you were pleased with the visit and glad they were open to hearing your concerns!

@bobbiwoz Glad you had a good appt with the doctor.

Good morning. It is actually cool here, around 57. I put on jeans this morning as I am a bit chilly. I do have windows open to get in the fresh air. Temps are heading into the 70s which is what I like. Yesterday I was in the office. I think I spend more time talking with everyone than working! LOL! We are a good group who gets along well. The ride in was in the rain which I don't like but it wasn't too bad. I did walk a bit yesterday and got in all my steps and talked with Kenny on the phone for a bit. He has a busy weekend with the kids so I am not sure if I will be seeing him. Jeff may be busy too, I will just have to check with him. Next week I have Thurs and Fri off, no driving into the office.

Have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest