Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. Another dreary day with rain so far. It looks like clouds later. Temps are supposed to get into the 80s. I had a nice time with Jeff and family. The kids were crazy yesterday with running all over the house and making up running games. We did play a couple of card games. Jeff's BBQ food was really good especially the pulled pork. Kenny is coming by this morning to help me out with some things. He is kind enough to help when he has time. On the not so good news front I talked with Chris' cousin who has been fighting cancer since 2014. He has another recurrence, again on the brain. This is his 10th. He talks with his team on Tuesday to discuss treatment. It seems like it came back quicker this time. Please say a prayer for him.

Have a nice Sunday.

Good morning. We hit 100 yesterday, only going to be 88 today, with a chance of storms, but I'll believe that when I see it. We need rain badly. It was so hot yesterday that all of my herbs took a beating. The edges of the basil literally got burnt.

I only went out to put fresh cold water out for the cats, to feed them dinner, and out after dinner to water everything. It's too early for hot weather like this. It's going to be a long summer

Nothing else going on around here, same old same old

Have a nice day

1719151122644.png

Good morning. It is 72 now with temps heading into the mid 70s. Yesterday was so humid after the rain. Kenny came over and filled in the 2 big settling cracks in the basement. He also checked out the sump pump to be sure the float was working. He cleared my drain so now I know how to take out the drain stopper. He also put up the pics of the grandkids. He does it so well with a laser level and makes sure everything is spaced and level. I had 6 frames, one for each grandkid. We also chatted a bit too. I am starting to get things ready for the cruise. Once all my purchases come in I can look at the clothes to bring. I don't want to overpack as we are all going to the port in one car and want to limit it to one suitcase each and a carryon size bag or backpack. I am so glad we can drive in and no flight is needed.

Off to work. Have a good day.

I hope each of you has enjoyed a peaceful Saturday...
"Peaceful" no :rotfl: but it was fun - I went to a birthday celebration for my cousin's now 5-year-old. We met for a round of mini-golf and then went back to the house for lunch, ice cream cake, and presents. She had a great time, and I enjoyed seeing them all very much.

...Postage reminder that stamps go up yet again on July 14th
Thanks for the reminder! I'll make sure to stop and buy some more "forever" stamps before then.

Good morning everyone.

Temps here have been way too hot for me, thankfully my AC works well on the first level especially with the ceiling fan. The bedrooms however not as well. I do have a fan that at least helps a little. Our houses well built before central air was a big thing and the ductwork is not the right size.

Mikeys graduation party was a huge success. Thankfully the church hall has AC so it did cool down in there, but I needed a second shower after setting everything up before the AC cooled the room down. Between my daughter and I we had a ton of food and drinks. We even had plenty of desserts, I always worry about that. We had 50 or 60 people show up to celebrate Mikey. My brothers even managed to get my dad there which thrilled us all. Dad is basically homebound now, so it was good to see him out amongst friends and family. Mikey wore his chef coat and then had a Remy headband under a chef hat that he loved showing off. Since Mikey graduated with culinary arts, and that included college credits in them, my daughter chose a Ratatouille theme with Chef Remy. We even made Ratatouille which went over really well. There was so much food that guests were able to take some home and the leftovers were lunch at church after the service yesterday.

Not much else going on here now as I can sit back and relax for a bit. I did find out I tore the cartilage in my knee so I will need to have that looked at and possible surgery. If you could keep my Anthony in your prayers as he is getting the ACL surgery on Friday along with bone fragments being removed and possible meniscus damage. He is really nervous about it all.

Hope you all stay cool.

Good Monday morning. It feels like we switched seasons overnight. We had 2 thunderstorms after dinner last night that didn't produce one drop of rain. It was weird. But the storm blew some nicer air in. Only going to be in the low 80's today and there's a nice breeze. I turned the ac off and opened the windows.
I've already checked the garden and mowed the grass. Just watered everything and came in to do inside chores. Dusting and vacuuming are done. I had no energy yesterday and basically did nothing. Making up for it today, lol

Have a great day

1719236438727.png

Good Monday Morning Everyone.

Temps are dropping to high 80's today. That's a break from the high 90's all last week. We were supposed to get rain on Saturday but the little we got in the morning didn't really do anything. Lasted about 10 minutes.

Went to my friend's house Saturday afternoon to hang out and swim in her pool. Very relaxing. She's just a couple of streets over from Evan's house so I met him and Mia for dinner later that night.

Working from home 2 days a week during the summer, happy about that. Able to get my flowers watered early this morning before it gets hot. Hopefully my grass guy comes today.

My nephew and his wife had a little boy this morning, c-section went well. She has a long recovery due to her age but she has lots of help.

That's about it. Have a great day!

God Bless your nephew, his wife, and their new son, Footballmouse! I'm very glad to also hear that you are able to work from home a couple days a week. Prayers doing so gives you some extra down time and peace:hug:

Lynn:hug:you my friend ought to enjoy more do nothing days! I wish my dad would do so too.

Finishing an Epsom salt warm soak right now. Blessing to do and extra to quiet all around me. Zero complaints especially because to me hearing is such a true blessing. Workers have returned to the garage of the buidling next door making a ton of racket. I appreciate peace more and of course the joy and grace also of pleasant sounds such as talking with God, being able to share with dad, and always dear to my heart hearing children's voices lifted in song praise to God. All good :)

Have a good rest of the day, friends🐣🌸

Footballmouse Congrats to your nephew and his wife. Such a great blessing. Glad you can work from home a couple of days a week.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you are making progress with your feet and walking.

Good morning. It is 65 here now with temps heading into the 80s. Yesterday was such a nice day with a wonderful breeze. I walked at the Lake as well as around the complex. I have a therapy appt today which is much needed. Yesterday I had another Chris issue jump out at me. He had a malwarebyte subscription that was renewed each year. I knew he had it but I figured it never got renewed but he had it on auto renew. So yesterday I got an email that they could not renew it due to the card expiring. I really do not need reminders like this. I am trying to move forward again after the registry debacle. So I asked my kids if I need to have it and moved on from there. I wonder if there are any more things to come out of the woodwork. It was nice to do qi gong last night. I do a zoom qi gong class twice a week with my friend who does a zoom class. for friends.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning everyone

@footballmouse Congratulations to your nephew and his wife!!

It was so beautiful out yesterday, a high of 81. Overnight down to 56 and nice for sleeping. This morning it's back to closed windows and ac with temps in the 90's. Calling for rain tomorrow with hail and high winds, and rain again on Saturday, I hope so. After all the rain in April and May, we haven't had more than a few drops all of June. I can't believe it's almost July already.

It was after 2 when I fell asleep, and woke up at 6:10. Couldn't go back to sleep so I've been up since then. Did everything outside that needed doing and took the trash down while I was at it. Now I have to find something else to get into

Have a nice day.

1719320874520.png

@Snowysmom, yes, you need to have some sort of malware protection. You may be able to get it through your internet provider, which would/should go right along with your bill. We were without a laptop for many years (until this past winter, actually) because of a malware issue. Our laptop was blown when we were hit by lightning and we lost everything electric in our house. Anyway, we got a new computer, and assumed the internet provider’s maleware program that we were signed up for would continue with a new computer, but found out the hard way it didn’t and we lost it to maleware. Got so tired of dealing with it I went to an iPad Pro permanently, and there’s been so much less worry. (I bought a laptop just for picture storage from my dSLR camera.) I’m sorry that it caused a setback to get that message. 😟

Wishing everyone a nice Tuesday. 🐥

Good morning. It is 70 now with temps going into the upper 80s. I hope to get to the lake today to walk. Yesterday I had my therapy appt. I think I have gone as far as I can go with her. She agrees. I have one more appt with her next month. She is suggesting going to someone she knows who does healing type of therapies such as mindfulness and other therapies that help on the path of life. I plan to spend the summer trying to figure out my path in life and maybe she can help. The problem is she has a waiting list but my therapist knows her and said she will ask if she can fit me in. If not, that is OK. Maybe in the Fall. I think she is basically a therapist/life coach. I want to try to figure things out myself. I basically need to get out of my comfort zone and go to new places to walk and go to the museums myself etc. Try getting out there more. Just need a push.

My younger DGD lost her first tooth yesterday. She is happy the tooth fairy will make a visit to her. Her brother is waiting for another tooth to fall out too. With 6 grandkids it seems like one of them always has a loose tooth. LOL!

Have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest