Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Hi
Just checking in. We went for bike ride and pool this morning, and just resting this afternoon. We have a library cooking demo this evening. I’m not sure what will be prepared, but I wanted a night out, so I signed up!
Not expecting that high temperatures in Cape May this week.Weather Channel says it’s 74° now, but it does feel warmer.
Good afternoon!

@PollyannaMom Glad everything worked out for your DS. Hope your kitty is doing well.

Lynn Good luck with your yard sale.

Good morning. It is 65 now with temps heading to 90 today. A hot one but will be hotter the next 2 days. I am thankful for the AC. I will try to walk at cooler times of day. Yesterday I walked at the lake knowing it would be too hot the rest of the week. Not much else going on.

Have a good day.

Good HOT morning. Thank God for air conditioning. We got to 98 yesterday and it felt like 105. Going to be like this through Sunday with no rain for relief.

We spent 2 hours going through yard sale stuff in the nice cool basement. I had 3 window ac's we only used 1 season before having the new HVAC system put in. Summer listed them on facebook marketplace and they were all spoken for before she left here. We put the 2 smaller ones in her car and she met the people near her house to deliver them last night. The other one is going to Lily's best friend on Friday. I can't lift that one so I'm going to have Luke do it tomorrow while he's here. She also listed all of my collectible Barbie's, and batches of Disney beanie babies. Some of those are spoke for too.

She went home with a bunch of stuff along with my old carpet cleaner. I had one Budweiser beer mirror left from all of Don's collection. I was going to put it in the yard sale, but she started crying when she saw it saying it had been his favorite one and she remembered it always hanging in the living room of their old house, so I gave it to her.
Then we did the ashes, putting them in the biodegradable urns. I had 2 with beach scenes on them and 1 with mountain trees. Luke is taking one for the ocean, I gave the other to Summer to scatter where she wanted, and we're going to take the other one to the top of a local mountain Don and I always went to and scatter them there. Then I think I'll feel a lot more closure, knowing he's where he wanted to be.

I'm going to head for the market now while it's still only 80 degrees outside. Can't do it tomorrow since Ben and Luke will be here. They want to take me to lunch tomorrow.

Have a nice day, stay cool.

1718718302065.png

Bread and Pizzas were the foods! A different kind of pizza had the crust layered with thin apple slices, then feta cheese and pecans and drizzle with honey. It tasted good, not something I would make, but we had a good enough time.

On the way, we passed a turtle crossing a very busy street. We turned around to help, and by the time we got there, another car, with a “turtle crossing” sticker on it, was there and the turtle was saved. Made me wonder if volunteers monitor the road.

It’s funny you should say that, Bobbi. DD’s boyfriend was telling us just yesterday he likes pizza with hot honey on it. I guess it’s the new thing! DD brought some home but I haven’t tried it yet. He bought some hot honey at a farmer’s market we went to. I guess we’ll be hearing more about it now!

I’ve pulled over for turtles in the road before, too! If I recall, some young boys had put one there once. 😟 I had some choice words for them. Stunts like that was why I was always afraid to have a boy. (But I did, and he’s a huge animal lover!)

Lynn, I loved your story. So glad you’re getting so much done and that FB Marketplace worked so well! Stay cool!

And PollyannaMom, so glad no cancer with your cat!

Our yard is looking good, a lot of activity but got just about everything done. My flowers all look nice. Even the rose buses sprouted this year. SIL is coming over tomorrow with her grandhildren to go in the pool. Made Mom’s potato salad tonight and just doing burgers and dogs on the grill.

Our basil came up and we made a nice caprese salad. I love all the fresh vegetables this time of year.

IMG_8036.jpeg

IMG_8040.jpeg

Enjoy the evening! 🐥

@flyingdumbo127 So glad to hear your PT session went well. It is nice that you found someone you are comfortable with.

Good morning. Another hot one out there today. Yesterday I walked outside once and then went to BJs where I walked around the entire place just looking and buying a few things I had coupons for. I got alot of steps in. I am trying to get back into reading so I found I couple of books that look interesting. Today the wonderful friend I have lunch with and used to work with is coming over to see the condo. She has a townhouse condo near where I work so she is about an hour away. Her complex is huge. She is happy there with some friends and she likes the 2 pools. I really don't want to pay extra condo fees for a pool as I would not use it.

Stay cool. Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning! I am so glad to hear about how positive your PT session was @flyingdumbo127!

Tom’s second cataract procedure was three weeks ago, and so, it’s time for his eye exam. His vision has changed so much for the better, we are so happy.

So, our bike ride and swim will both be at other times today. I hope we fit everything in when the weather is reasonable!

Have a good day everyone!

:hug:dear Bobbi. Huge praise extra to God. Dad had cataract surgery years ago that has made a huge difference to him. Prayers Tom continues to have much healthier vision. Always, you know this, prayers for you, my friend.

Thank you @lynxstch !

Today is my orchid dunking day. Tom is with Gus outside now, and he will be watering the garden before he heads out for eye exam. The vegetable garden we have is shared with my sister, and it’s at her house. She’s been away at the 1000 Island area in north NY state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter