Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Dead, I'm sorry you have also been getting those messages. They seem to pop up for me at least once if not more a day. Definitely tired of them. Grateful this usually is not the norm.

Extra hug and sweet dreams good night to all.

Bobbiwoz Glad your doctor appt went so well.

PollyannaMom How is your kitty? I hope the vet was able to help.

Good morning. It is 55 now with temps heading into the 70s. Salt therapy yesterday was nice and so needed. I was able to meditate during the time and it was so relaxing. It made me feel better for a bit. I wish I could meditate like that all the time. The woman who owns the place is very kind and caring. I enjoy talking with her.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good Morning.:sunny:

Little chilly this morning. Working from home since I'm only working a few hours. Started earlier so I can save some PTO. Didn't do anything yesterday after work. Lots to do today, already checked the menu for the restaurant we're going to for the shower. Don't want to be rushed to order so I have some ideas of what I want. Need to get some tomato stakes for my plants 🍅, they're starting to grow pretty good. Evan is dragging his feet on getting play sand for Mia's new sandbox so I'll grab a few bags while I'm at Home Depot.

'm currently binge-watching "Schitt's Creek" and trying out new baking recipes
This sounds like me when we were shut down during Covid. Schitt's Creek is so funny, I've thought about watching it again.:happytv:

Have a great day! :wave:

--->
Good Morning to all with love,

Beautiful post dear Snowysmom. Praise extra to God.

Welcome to our kind thread, Kurisunh :)

God gifted me extra once more in the later wee hours of this morning with a couple hours+of sleep. How blessed I am and for all rest.

Tuesday joy to all!

PollyannaMom How is your kitty? I hope the vet was able to help.
She is acting OK, and no more blood in her food bowl (I had originally thought she lost a tooth before we saw the sore) but she tested anemic, so she has a follow-up next week.

The vet thinks it might be two separate issues. Tests are difficult because of her age and the fact that she's always had a slight heart murmur, so based on the fact that her appetite and habits are good, he's giving it a few days hoping it resolves on its own.

Good morning. Mostly cloudy, but no rain in the forecast. Temp will only be 75 today, but I can live with that.
@Kurisunh :welcome:

Summer called me in tears yesterday. She's already having a hard time with Fathers Day coming up, and now her husband won't be home either. He was supposed to be flying home from working in Maine, and he called his boss to ask why he hadn't gotten his ticket info yet. That's when the boss got around to telling him that they had to stay for another 2 weeks. The company is so inconsiderate. They don't take people's family's into consideration when they do things like this. It means Summer has to order more food deliveries to the hotel, Robert has to do his own laundry, and she's left at home trying to do everything by herself for even longer stretches.
She's trying to thing of something special she can do Sunday to honor Don, but I had no suggestions for her.

I need to take the trash down to the street, check on the garden and make a grocery list so I'm going to get moving

@PollyannaMom Good vibes for your kitty.

Have a nice Tuesday everyone

1718116045356.png

Lynn I feel bad for Summer. Tough enough that it is Father's Day but all that she has to do does not help. Father's Day is hard for my sons. Their kids celebrate it for them but they miss their Dad. I let them lead the way on if they want to talk about Chris or just take the day to be with their kids. I do mention Chris and how we miss him but do not push anything. It does make me sad too.

Bobbiwoz Lovely water lily.

Good morning. It is 56 now with temps heading into the 70s again. I enjoy this weather as it is not too hot. Yesterday I got to the lake for a walk. Today I have people coming to do some of my punch list items. The gutter team as they call them are supposed to fix my dripping gutter. Then the foreman is supposed to come to look at the post flanges in the basement. My inspector says screws should be there, not just a couple of nails. This issue I don't believe they will fix. He will tell me it is fine. Next week the painters are supposed to come and paint the deck trim and door that somehow they missed.

My DGD Ellie is 9 today. I remember holding her just 2 hours after she was born. Now she is a wonderful young lady.

Have a good day.

Happy Hump Day!🐪

Going to start getting hot this week. We'll see how long before I break down and turn the AC on.🥵

Had a nice lunch yesterday at the baby shower. The restaurant was packed for a weekday afternoon, I've only been there on the weekend and it's always crowded then.

Stopped at Home Depot and grabbed some bags of play sand for Mia's new sandbox. We got it all set up and I was showing her how to play with the buckets and shovels, she liked picking it up with her hands. We ended up taking a little walk. I love how she "runs" to me when she sees me.:love:

Bobbiwoz - my pond lilies didn't do well last year, kinda mad, I really wanted them in the pond.

Need to water the flowers this morning but I have to get Twix to her hair appointment early and get back for a work meeting.

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning all, hope everyone is doing well!
Not much to report, pool construction is coming along well. I've got my tile & coping ordered and some of it has already arrived. Picked up a few barn cats about 2 weeks ago, and will be letting them free and out of the milk house enclosure they've been in this evening. Fingers crossed they stick around. The rabbit population has EXPLODED around the farm - worse than we've ever seen :rolleyes: and the dogs are losing their collective minds over them. I think they can be heard yapping and barking three states over...Our elder dog recently had a check up and some lumps aspirated. He freaks out at the vet so we usually only do the full on check ups every two years or so. Anyhow, he did better this time around, we had some of the lumps tested, and they turned out to be good old fashioned large old dog fat lumps, so I'm glad about that. Vet referred to him as a senior dog and I was reminded that he is 6 now. The eldest any of our Danes ever got was 7:( but he isn't showing any signs of slowing down so I'm hoping he's with us for several years yet.
Work remains super busy, in a good way. I think I'm going to be on the road most of next week at our NC offices & jobsites. WE are closing up the office /jobsites on July 5th so everyone will get a nice, long 4 day weekend. We personally have no plans that weekend and I'm not sad about that at all!! haha!
Welp I've got a order to unpack and some work to get to - I've got two safety meetings tomorrow on Lightning Safety...yawn.

Always good to see you, Easyas:hug:Extra :dogdance:prayers and as always, my sincere thanks for all the loving care you give tobso many dogs.

:bday:to Ellie dear Snowysmom. May she enjoy a safe and fun day. As always what a gift from God she has in you. 🏡prayers and always, dear you prayers.

Mia is also extra graced by God dear Footballmouse with you as her grandma. I sure enjoyed playing at the park 🏞️in the sandbox as a kid.

Sheer Mercy of God extra I enjoyed close to 3 hours of sleep💤 later this morning. I am so thankful. Dad got extra rest too. speaking of my dad, I'm expecting an extra Father's Day surprise in the mail for him today. I found on the used book swap site I'm a member of a crossword puzzle book for lefties. Dad is the only left handed person in our family. I hope he will enjoy it. Have a happy Wednesday friends:grouphug:

Good morning. Beautiful weather today, sunny, breezy, 82. Not a drop of rain in sight.

I did all my morning chores and I'm off to the market.

Have a great day everyone--little departure from my normal Disney pics, but I thought this one was so cute!

1718202518709.png

@flyingdumbo127 , that does sound like a great Father’s Day present. Out of our 5 grandchildren, 3 are Lefties! None of their parents are. ( I have to check, perhaps 4 are.)

@footballmouse, is it possible your water lilies may perk up? I hope they do. :daisy:Ours are showing up, right on time. Our first ones last year came out 6/15.

@easyluckyfree, am happy your dog’s lumps are able to be taken care of. Gus’s can’t be, and as I’ve mentioned they are getting larger. We don’t expect to have Gus much longer. He had cancer treatment when he was 8, and were told he could have 2, maybe 3 years. We’re 1/2 way through his 4th year since, he’s 12 1/2.

@Snowysmom, my DSis enjoys salt therapy too! When you mentioned it yesterday I saw her and asked about her experiences.

Here, it’s mid 70’s. Today we rode bikes, and I enjoyed pool time. There are people we meet there who love to talk and move/exercise as much as we do, and it’s always a pleasant experience! Tom didn’t go in today, he feels the water is too cold. It may seem that way at first, but in minutes it feels perfect! Lobster House had its $7.99 fried shrimp platter special for take up, and it sounded just right, so I put off our grocery store trip until tomorrow! We eat our main meal at lunch time.

Enjoy your day!

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest