Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning, and QUACK! (I'll never remember the other one.)🐥🐣🐤

Things I forgot to post.

@lynxstch , the wedding photos were beautiful! Where was it (again)?

@easyas123 , too bad about the "surprise" gift.

@NYCgrrl , good job with compromise.

And onto today.

@AuntieMe3 , sorry about your anxiety. I totally understand.

@Pea-n-Me , beautiful beach pictures. What a nice walk.

@easyas123 , I hope everyone tests negative. So hard to trace when people want to travel.

DD was on the fence about sending the kids to daycare after Thanksgiving, worried that other families might have traveled. She contacted the teacher who thought the kids had only seen grandparents locally. Hopefully all is good there.

Gov. Hogan speaks again at 4 today. I'll be listening.

Off to the grocery store now. :wave:

Sorry if that was unclear. I don’t think she has to, we can just do it on our own, if we want to.

I know WE can call it something else..but I am pretty sure that only the person who created the thread can edit the title. I just tried and it won't give me the option, because I wasn't the person who created it in the first place.

I know WE can call it something else..but I am pretty sure that only the person who created the thread can edit the title. I just tried and it won't give me the option, because I wasn't the person who created it in the first place.
Right. Idk that it’s necessary to edit the title, really. My only thought was that if people saw it used here they might not know what it meant. (And I’d love to get the instructions for the Fall Picture Hunt off there, lol.) It’s up to people whether they want to use it or not. No biggie. I, myself, might use it so others know I’m greeting them, too. If anyone can figure out what it means! :rotfl2:Didn’t mean to complicate things!

@easyas123 Maybe you better wait to hear Hogans address this afternoon before deciding whether or not to go to Gettsyburg :(

We've already been leaning towards canceling...that might make the decision 'easier' for us!

Just found out employee who was sick and tested this AM - well his wife & teenage son are also sick. Gut kicking into overdrive. Also have decided if he is positive and shutting down site and testing everyone, even those who he didn't have direct contact with, as they still could have had an exposure. Then I have to tell a major resort beach town that we had a positive employee(s) wandering around public works! Good times -

Good Morning family,

I'll just post him, meaning 🐥, to mean sending sunny smiles and cheers all around. Also, of course, a reminder that kindness and miracles, new revival happens always. Praise God! Thank each of you for the faith, joy, and love you spread. I'll also never remember the QUACK but love the idea :) P.S. Lol, maybe bright yellow should be a color we each try to wear or have something with us for our one day meetup.

I am concerned about Tina :( Hasn't it been over 2 months since she's posted?

I am also sending prayers for your FIL, and your best friends Father, Pea.

Please stay safe while shopping and doing anything out there friends. Sadly LA just seems to get worse. I'm not a big fan of our governor but it sounds like he may be working on an even stricter than back in March stay at home order (which sadly might be so needed).

:grouphug:

Good Morning family,

I'll just post him, meaning 🐥, to mean sending sunny smiles and cheers all around. Also, of course, a reminder that kindness and miracles, new revival happens always. Praise God! Thank each of you for the faith, joy, and love you spread. I'll also never remember the QUACK but love the idea :) P.S. Lol, maybe bright yellow should be a color we each try to wear or have something with us for our one day meetup.

Please stay safe while shopping and doing anything out there friends. Sadly LA just seems to get worse. I'm not a big fan of our governor but it sounds like he may be working on an even stricter than back in March stay at home order (which sadly might be so needed).

Yep- with Newsom's press conference yesterday, there was some pretty strong hints CA will be going back to stay at home. I believe LA county and parts of bay area already are anyway :confused3 I honestly don't know what this is going to do to improve the situation, those that were following guidelines since the beginning will continue to do so and those that weren't will continue as well. Off to trip plan for 2021, I have 2000 in flight credits that need to be used by next summer.

We have had some sad health issues happening with FIL. And at the same time, so has one of my closest friend’s dad, as well. If anyone who prays here wishes to keep them in mind, along with their caregivers, for strength and wisdom, it would be very appreciated. ❤
Thoughts and prayers for your FIL and your friends father. 💗

Love the pictures from your beach walk and what a fun idea to drop off the cupcakes for the zoom party.

DD was on the fence about sending the kids to daycare after Thanksgiving, worried that other families might have traveled. She contacted the teacher who thought the kids had only seen grandparents locally. Hopefully all is good there.
This is my worry about going back to work this week. I don't want to get sick before Christmas. I guess most of the kids had colds the first week I was off so hopefully we finish off the year without anyone else getting sick again, especially sick with Covid. :guilty:

Right. Idk that it’s necessary to edit the title, really. My only thought was that if people saw it used here they might not know what it meant. (And I’d love to get the instructions for the Fall Picture Hunt off there, lol.) It’s up to people whether they want to use it or not. No biggie. I, myself, might use it so others know I’m greeting them, too. If anyone can figure out what it means! :rotfl2:Didn’t mean to complicate things!
Maybe a moderator could change the title??

We've already been leaning towards canceling...that might make the decision 'easier' for us!

Just found out employee who was sick and tested this AM - well his wife & teenage son are also sick. Gut kicking into overdrive. Also have decided if he is positive and shutting down site and testing everyone, even those who he didn't have direct contact with, as they still could have had an exposure. Then I have to tell a major resort beach town that we had a positive employee(s) wandering around public works! Good times -
Oh man....what a pain. If they are positive, I hope no one else on the job is. :(

I honestly don't know what this is going to do to improve the situation, those that were following guidelines since the beginning will continue to do so and those that weren't will continue as well.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. :sad2:

Its 57° right now but it feels freezing to me. Brrr....:laughing: I can't believe its Dec 1st. This year seems like it's been forever and yet its crazy that its already December.

Even though DD is 22, I still do a little advent countdown for her. LoL You know the elf on the shelf? When she was 18, I got her an Elf pet...lol So she has a St Bernard she named Bernard that comes Dec 1st and brings her little things every couple of days (when I remember...:laughing:), usually little things that would go in her stocking otherwise but occasionally something bigger, like an early Christmas gift. Just something fun for her and fun for me to do for her. This morning, Bernard brought her a cute sweatshirt I found at Walmart yesterday. :o I'll try and get a picture later to share.

Much prayer to your employee and everyone, Easyas123, and always to you, friend!

AutnieMe3, you please also take care and stay safe! I agree that for us here in SoCal 50's is freezing! It's warmed up nicely though now. I love that you do an Advent countdown for your daughter. :dogdance: to the St. Bernard. That's so sweet and fun, too. I also like your moderator idea. What about Luckyrabbit who often kindly checks in here?

Have a good afternoon, Carol. That was smart shopping :(

QCKG! 🐥🐣🐥

Lol, maybe bright yellow should be a color we each try to wear or have something with us for our one day meetup.

Excellent idea!!

I am too!

Maybe a moderator could change the title??

I wonder? - at least to take the fall part off and leave the original title

Even though DD is 22, I still do a little advent countdown for her. LoL You know the elf on the shelf?...This morning, Bernard brought her a cute sweatshirt I found at Walmart yesterday.

We do that too! DS was just on the cusp when the elf thing became popular around here, so instead of buying one, we just commandeered a couple of our our regular Christmas decorations. - I would hide them or make up a silly scene with them, and they would occasionally leave little pre-Christmas gifts. Ours are called Bert and Ernie (after the characters in It’s a Wonderful Life, not the ones on Sesame Street 😆.)

@Pea-n-Me, I love, love, love the pics of Toto on the beach!

Good Morning family,

Yes its been a little over 2 months. I sent her a PM wishing her and Matt a Happy Thanksgiving, and asked her to post on this thread so we would know she's ok, but it hasn't been read as of today :(

Handyman was here for 3 hours. The whole junk pile,,all the old wood behind the shed, and all kinds of odds and ends were packed in his dump truck. It was full, lol. Then he put down gravel where ruts had worn down from the heavy rains this summer. Then we moved to the cellar and he took the flue pipe out of the chimney, and cut the new one, but when he went to put the adaptor back on, it was rusted and fell apart. So he went to the hardware store and got another one for me, and put it all back together so I feel safe using the wood stove again when it's really really cold out, or if we have a power outage. He only wanted me to give him $25 for 3 hours of his time, plus the cost of the gravel ($24 ) and the pipe ($14), but I wrote the check for more than that. He's the kind of guy who won't take advantage of anyone, and will help anyone that needs it. We all need someone like that in our lives! He will be back right after Christmas to put the new kitchen floor down before he goes to FL for a vacation!
Its a chilly, windy 37 and there are snow flurries flying around. Stay warm and safe everyone, have a lovely afternoon--I am off to do nothing ..for a change, lol. Dinner is going to be leftover ribs, baked potato and maybe a side salad.

:) PollyannaMom, I have a small yellow stuffed animal canary that a friend sent me years ago. I could bring it although hope to be able to get some yellow clothing item by then! LOL, thanks for specifying about Bert and Ernie, I immediately thought Sesame Street. Love that you do pre Christmas surprises for your son.

Thank you for the Tina info, Lynxstch. Keeping her and Matt in much prayer. What a Blessing to have such a great handyman. Hooray you are off to do nothing, about time!

Hey y'all.

Woke up to some very cold weather this morning...38 in northern FL. 🥶:cold: It was cold enough for me to pull out my jeans and wear a fleece hoodie on my shopping expedition this morning.

In honor of our 2 day cold snap, I have chili simmering in the crockpot, and I'm making some corn muffins (regular ol' Jiffy for some, and a new (to us) kind from Soberdough (Cornbread n Ale, made with J'ville pale ale). I even got some Ghardelli hot chocolate for tonight, lol.

DGS#3's preschool teacher caught Covid t the beginning of the month; he just got the 'not infected, go back to school' sticker from the health dept. The teacher had some breathing issues, but is doing better; and not being political, but she did attend a rally for a politician in Omaha a little while before she showed symptoms.

DSOiL#2's family has it going around as well; his uncle, mom, brother, sister in law, several cousins and their families, and a nephew have it so far; some are doing worse than others. Also, his grandmother and grandfather both tested positive; he went into the hospital a week or so ago with breathing issues and internal bleeding; an aneruysm in his femoral artery, I think DD said. He keeps improving overnight, then dropping in the day, so he's still there. His grandma has dementia and was taken to the ER a few days ago with dehydration (I guess that's common with dementia patients? said the ER doc) and trouble breathing. She passed in the ER, less than 3 hours after arriving. :sad1: They haven't told grandpa yet, because they are concerned he might stop fighting and just let go. The cousins were ground zero, it looks like, going from the progression of everyone's timelines of when they tested positive/showed symptoms; they are hardcore anti-mask/anti-police/anti-rules people. DD and her family were very careful when they went up to say 'later' before they leave for Japan (2 weeks out!). They wore masks during their visits, and stayed outdoors and did the 6ft thing as much as possible.; quarantined at home for 2 weeks after they got home, and were tested.

So, yeah, that's the drama from our family for November.

In honor of our 2 day cold snap, I have chili simmering in the crockpot, and I'm making some corn muffins (regular ol' Jiffy for some, and a new (to us) kind from Soberdough (Cornbread n Ale, made with J'ville pale ale). I even got some Ghardelli hot chocolate for tonight, lol.

DH is doing the exact same thing here. (And any night I don't have to cook is a bonus!)

So sorry to hear about your DSOiL#2's family. ☹

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter