• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

whew...we have to many names!!
We are both on the 'nice' list...ironically I ordered my husband a gift last week, a soda stream to make his club soda pop. I got home on Wednesday to a "oh good, you got one of these. I've been meaning to ask you if we should get one' and him having already opened it up and using it! It never occurred to me it would be shipped in the actual soda stream box! And it never occurred to him it was a gift - he just thought I finally got around to ordering one.
He's impossible to buy for - it was the only thing I could think of ha ha! Now I gotta come up with something else!

We are both on the 'nice' list...ironically I ordered my husband a gift last week, a soda stream to make his club soda pop. I got home on Wednesday to a "oh good, you got one of these. I've been meaning to ask you if we should get one' and him having already opened it up and using it! It never occurred to me it would be shipped in the actual soda stream box! And it never occurred to him it was a gift - he just thought I finally got around to ordering one.
He's impossible to buy for - it was the only thing I could think of ha ha! Now I gotta come up with something else!

Did you get it on Amazon? Usually there is a line saying it will be shipped in original box with contents showing, and a box you can check if you want it as a gift..which it then gets put into a brown Amazon box that you can't see into without opening. That sucks that he already opened it! Hope you can find him something else!

Did you get it on Amazon? Usually there is a line saying it will be shipped in original box with contents showing, and a box you can check if you want it as a gift..which it then gets put into a brown Amazon box that you can't see into without opening. That sucks that he already opened it! Hope you can find him something else!

Na...got it from Bed Bath & Beyond. Not usually where I shop- but coupon! And it never occurred to be they'd ship it in the actual packaging, figured it would come in a BB&B box. Didn't think about much at all really!
It's not a massively huge deal - we were laughing about it all weekend 🎅 :rotfl: And yeah, now I gotta think of something else!

Last edited:

Tree is done, decorating is done. I am done, lol. Next step is to decide what baking I want to do, if any. I have a few kinds of cookies that are must haves, and hubby has to have his peanut butter fudge.
Dinner is going to be the last of the Thanksgiving turkey with all the trimmings. I love turkey, but this will be the 4'th nite I've had it and I am just about turkeyed out,lol
The sky is a really weird color here..it's got black, blue, gray, almost pitch black on one side of the house, and blue sky and sun on the other. Stepson in Salisbury had/has a tornado watch and coastal flooding watch? Really weird weather!

Have a nice last nite of November everyone!

Lynxstch Lovely wedding photos. Congrats to your DH on his retirement. My DH is literally counting down the days. He has a little less than 3 years. If I ask him he could give me the number of days.

It is rainy, very windy, and dreary here today. At least it is in the 50s. We are supposed to have winds around 40-50 MPH this evening. We will probably lose power as we usually do.

My Christmas decorating has consisted of tossing 2 Christmas pillows on the couch and 2 on the chair. I told DH I am done. The kids sent pictures of their houses all dressed up for the holidays. I am going to send one of the couch. I thought I would have time to decorate more with my hours cut to 24 a week. But they have asked me to temporarily work full time for December to help out another dept. Oh well, it is some more money plus I am still taking off 2 days and time for my dentist appt. I need time to wrap the gifts. Timing is everything. I am grateful to have the job.

I looked at the naughty or nice list. Using my full name I am nice and using my nickname I am naughty. Decisions, decisions! DH is nice with full name or nick name.

Happy Monday!

Good evening.

I checked the naughty and nice list. Soooo many pages of names. I was on naughty. Both kids, grandkids, kids-in-law, and DH were all nice. DGD has a name that is never on personalized things you find in a store but it was there.

We had a tornado warning this afternoon. Very dark and a really good thunderstorm but luckily no tornado.

Having chicken on the Foreman grill and a baked potato for dinner.

The computer ate most of what I wrote up thread 🤷‍♀️. Okay, in a nutshell, had a long conversation with DGD about individualism, societal expectations and how to enjoy one without bringing down condemnation of the other. Upshot? She’ll wear faux nose rings for a while and try to hold off on a permanent one until she’s 18 and better able to withstand judgment calls. Told her how much my boots cost (she wants the same pair) and if she really wants them to wait until this summer and earn the money. She’ll be employed by her uncle for the summer. She thinks she wants to be a CPA and this will be a good start in finding out if that’s her true path.

@lynxstch - amazing wedding pics and what.a.beauteous.dress! May they have decades of happiness ahead of them.

Good morning all. Dumping down rain here right now :( Woke to find a few wedding pics of our niece on FB. So pretty, and what a beautiful wedding spot. Thought I'd share the picture with my DIS family. Going to decorate the kitchen today, and get the tree out of it's box so the branches can settle a bit before decorating.
Happy Monday all..last day of Nov 2020!View attachment 541133View attachment 541177

She just sent this one to me..I love it!
Beautiful!! 💗

Hubby and I are on the nice list(his is a little questionable....:scratchin:laughing:) and DD was naughty. :lmao:

Ugh....what a bummer. At least you guys got a laugh about it. Hope you can figure out something else to get him. Hubby is also hard to shop for because when he wants something, he just buys it for himself...so I feel your pain.

The computer ate most of what I wrote up thread 🤷‍♀️. Okay, in a nutshell, had a long conversation with DGD about individualism, societal expectations and how to enjoy one without bringing down condemnation of the other. Upshot? She’ll wear faux nose rings for a while and try to hold off on a permanent one until she’s 18 and better able to withstand judgment calls. Told her how much my boots cost (she wants the same pair) and if she really wants them to wait until this summer and earn the money. She’ll be employed by her uncle for the summer. She thinks she wants to be a CPA and this will be a good start in finding out if that’s her true path.

@lynxstch - amazing wedding pics and what.a.beauteous.dress! May they have decades of happiness ahead of them.
Glad you had a good talk with DGD and she's agreeing to the faux nose ring. In HS, DD wanted one until she met her boyfriends mom and sister and they both had one. She didn't want one after that. :laughing:

Worked a couple hours this morning, first time since my quarantine...the kids were happy to see me. :o I did drive up pick up order from Target, which was some gifts for DD and my niece. Then I ran to Walmart for another pickup, another gift for my niece...I had to go in for that and spent way to much on ornaments for the new tree. It seemed pretty busy in there but the registers weren't bad, which was weird. I needed to run to Costco to get milk and eggs but the parking lot was a mad house so I just came home and decided to try again later. Hubby and I went about 7p tonight. The parking lot was empty but they only had 3 registers open so the lines were long....that was annoying.

I think I'm done shopping for DD and only need some pjs for my niece and she's done so now I can concentrate on every one else.

I've had a lot of anxiety lately, just feel so stressed and anxious during the day but I've been mediating at night before I go to sleep and have been sleeping really well. So I think I need to make sure I take a break during the day and try to do a quick 5 min meditation to help during the day.

Enjoy your Tuesday, friends. :wave2:

I can’t do individual quotes the easy way (as someone demonstrated recently) on my iPad, I think you need a laptop for that. I can do whole quotes, but then they need to be whittled down if it’s just one thing being replied to. That can get monotonous. On our long-running Breast Cancer Survivor’s thread (2005-present!), someone came up with the phrase GAGWTA, which meant greetings and good wishes to all. It meant that all posts were being read but not necessarily responded to. Maybe we could come up with something like that here? We have no way to edit the thread title (Tina would have to do it), but what about something like QCKG - Quarantine Chill and Kindness Greetings? If we wanted to shorten it to something easy to remember, we could say Quack! Or maybe just use something like this! 🐥🐣🐤 Just a thought. Optional for anyone wanting to try it. I might!

QCKG! 🐣

We had that nasty wind and rain here yesterday, too, and still do even now a little bit! DH reminded me to check the fence before letting Toto out as it could have a section blown down! We do have a long leash we let him out on at night as sometimes he goes off in search of critters and it’s hard to get him back. This way we can reel him in, lol. Will have to use that before I can do a yard search. I wasn’t going anywhere yesterday so I got a nice, long nap in, which was heavenly! Managed to straighten up and clean pretty well from last week’s holiday prior to that, so I could relax and sleep. Didn’t get much decorating done Sunday as we chose a nice, long walk on the beach instead, as it was such a mild, gorgeous day out. And it was well worth it! (Relaxing and renewing - much needed, where work has been so absolutely draining!) DS’s girlfriend cooked dinner Sunday night and it was delish - Chicken Marsala! She is a good cook! Then we had a Zoom meeting with old friends for a birthday celebration in the evening and that was different, but really nice! The funny part was that we’d heard the dog barking and later found some cupcakes on our front porch but didn’t realize their surprise delivery was part of the birthday celebration so we could all share ”cake” together during our time online. People are getting so creative these days!

Someone had a great time. I guess we weren’t walking fast enough for him - “Come on! Hurry up!” 😝

6F7F4684-05EC-4E9E-AEC8-B5D960358557.jpeg

48BA6482-BA6A-4123-95D6-821A905A073B.jpeg

And it was nice seeing horses on the beach

F3F21A59-C196-4B59-9937-EF04B5238666.jpeg

We have had some sad health issues happening with FIL. And at the same time, so has one of my closest friend’s dad, as well. If anyone who prays here wishes to keep them in mind, along with their caregivers, for strength and wisdom, it would be very appreciated. ❤️

I can’t do individual quotes the easy way (as someone demonstrated recently) on my iPad, I think you need a laptop for that. I can do whole quotes, but then they need to be whittled down if it’s just one thing being replied to. That can get monotonous. On our long-running Breast Cancer Survivor’s thread (2005-present!), someone came up with the phrase GAGWTA, which meant greetings and good wishes to all. It meant that all posts were being read but not necessarily responded to. Maybe we could come up with something like that here? We have no way to edit the thread title (Tina would have to do it), but what about something like QCKG - Quarantine Chill and Kindness Greetings? If we wanted to shorten it to something easy to remember, we could say Quack! Or maybe just use something like this! 🐥🐣🐤 Just a thought. Optional for anyone wanting to try it. I might!

I think your idea is great, but I haven't seen Tina (lovemygoofy) on here in a long time. I sent her a PM at Thanksgiving, and even that hasn't been viewed, so I don't know how we could get her attention to edit the thread title :(

Good chilly morning all. Its a whopping 38 outside now, but they say our high this afternoon will be 33, and it's very windy. Feels like winter. Garrett County (not all that far from me), has a winter storm warning for 10" of snow--eeks!
All decorating is done, so that is off my list. Handyman is supposed to be coming today or tomorrow with a load of gravel, to replace the flue pipe for the wood stove chimney, and to haul away a big pile of junk out back that I have been adding to for 3 months now, lol. I hope he decides to do it tomorrow instead, it's too cold to be outside!

@Pea-n-Me Sending prayers for your FIL, and your best friends Father. I hope their health issues don't get any worse. I am very jealous of your walk on the beach, seems like forever since we've been able to get away to the ocean. Thanks for sharing the pics. Glad Toto enjoyed himself!
Happy December everyone, have a great day!1238450-bigthumbnail.jpg

Handyman called around 9. He's on his way to the gravel pit to get gravel. Looks like I'll be spending some time outside this morning..brrr..

Last edited:
I think your idea is great, but I haven't seen Tina (lovemygoofy) on here in a long time. I sent her a PM at Thanksgiving, and even that hasn't been viewed, so I don't know how we could get her attention to edit the thread title :(
Sorry if that was unclear. I don’t think she has to, we can just do it on our own, if we want to.

Another lovely day in the neighborhood... so good news is all 5 guys working at a bio-secure (food related) jobsite we had all tested negative (one of the guys was exposed to someone who tested positive). But now I have a superintendent who is off to take a test because he's actually sick. 102 fever, just came back from Thanksgiving in the state of LA w/ extended family who had also been traveling in the week prior. So I'm waiting for this guy to get his test results back - we've got a few guys on this jobsite, including eldest who is currently residing in my basement apartment and in and out of the main house a lot. So - fingers crossed there! But he's only been in contact w/ 2 of them and neither was my son so that is good (for me, personally!). So I need to figure out if they haven't been in direct contact w/ him (assuming he is positive) but HAVE been in same space (jobsite trailer) potentially touching some same stuff on same day (and presumably using same bathroom facilities) if that is reason to send everyone home to be tested. I'm thinking of acting on the side of caution -
Welp, hopefully he tests negative, although between you & me my gut is telling me otherwise!

It seemed like Christmas was forever away, and last night I realized I only have two weekends to get stuff done. Currently plan on going to Gettysburg the weekend prior to Christmas, although starting to second guess that now. Still, I've got that creeping 'dang I better get on the ball here" feeling! I guess I'm going to have to decide to when to put up the tree - probably around the 12th or 13th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter