QSDP question

This one is the one I'm thinking...https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/e...do-lake-buena-vista-resort-MCOWDES/index.html

But I'd also look at Drury's, Residence Inns, Homewoods, and any suite hotel with breakfast and shuttles...since money and space seem a concern for OP's friend...

That is in Lake Buena Vista, but not DD/DisneySprings.
They are not part of the shuttle service at Disney Springs hotels,
so I would check closely most those shuttles are extremely limited.
But yes, breakfast there is included,
and they have a resort fee & parking fee.

I stay offsite all the time but personally, unless you plan to drive to parks, I would never stay off property and depend on limited shuttles.

They have never been to WDW...normally DLR every couple of years and they stay offsite...It's a surprise trip for the kids. Definitely want onsite hotel and to be in the Disney bubble since they've never had that at DLR.

Does the dad get an alcoholic beverage with each meal on the QSDP? He will take advantage of that...so if he is getting two adult meals, two snacks and his two beverages, that seems like it will be better than paying OOP for him. Mom doesn't drink alcohol nor eat much so she really can just eat off dad's plate, or share with the 9yo. The kid's QSDP being only $21'ish per day seems to be a good value as well considering a pretzel is now $7 alone.

They have never been to WDW...normally DLR every couple of years and they stay offsite...It's a surprise trip for the kids. Definitely want onsite hotel and to be in the Disney bubble since they've never had that at DLR.

Does the dad get an alcoholic beverage with each meal on the QSDP? He will take advantage of that...so if he is getting two adult meals, two snacks and his two beverages, that seems like it will be better than paying OOP for him. Mom doesn't drink alcohol nor eat much so she really can just eat off dad's plate, or share with the 9yo. The kid's QSDP being only $21'ish per day seems to be a good value as well considering a pretzel is now $7 alone.

Yes alcohol drink is included with QS except for MK.

If they can make the numbers work that’s great. Hopefully some here can verify if the plan still allows the food exchange. I would think once they had to add alcohol that the software would have distinguished so kids can’t get it.

I mean it’s dumb of Disney to allow the losses when they are SO income generating right down to the cents per.

Last edited:
Yes alcohol drink is included with QS except for MK.

If they can make the numbers work that’s great. Hopefully some here can verify if the plan still allows the food exchange. I would think once they had to add alcohol that the software would have distinguished dice kids can’t get it.

I mean it’s dumb of Disney to allow the losses when they are SO income generating right down to the cents per.

Right, I've heard for years that the QS credits are pooled. I would also think there would be a distinction now since alcohol is included but according to google, it appears everything is still working the same. Same for the DxDP.

so just coming back from disney and using the dining plan
Yes QS credits are pooled between adults and kids. I was able to use all 5 meals for adults.

I will say though that the QS dining plan really doesn't save you money. Its better to pay out of pocket for the meals than to use the dp just for qs. Now if you are doing ts meals and especially character meals than yes you will probably come head.

The only time that the DDP worked for us was when we had kids under the age of 10 and did a lot of character meals. Paying out of pocket works best for us now. I'd do the math before I even considered the DDP of any kind now, especially if it was going to be QS heavy.

Honestly, this is exactly my plan with 2 rooms at Pop and kids ages 10,8,6 and 4. We have the QSDP booked for my room that includes the 8 and 4 yo. We will share the 6 QS credits per day, ordering mostly adult meals via mobile order. We have been several times and never had an issue using QS credits this way. Now if it changes then we will drop the QSDP. I know many say the DP is not worth it but when you are getting an adult meal for the price of a child's meal that makes a big difference. Plus with the alcohol included, which we do enjoy with lunch or dinner.

Honestly, this is exactly my plan with 2 rooms at Pop and kids ages 10,8,6 and 4. We have the QSDP booked for my room that includes the 8 and 4 yo. We will share the 6 QS credits per day, ordering mostly adult meals via mobile order. We have been several times and never had an issue using QS credits this way. Now if it changes then we will drop the QSDP. I know many say the DP is not worth it but when you are getting an adult meal for the price of a child's meal that makes a big difference. Plus with the alcohol included, which we do enjoy with lunch or dinner.

I have never been a proponent of any of the DP's but in this situation, I can see where it makes sense. Especially with the alcohol included!

Can you use mobile ordering at most places in all the parks? We've never used it b/c when it first came out, you couldn't order that way if you had allergies. Maybe that has changed?

I have never been a proponent of any of the DP's but in this situation, I can see where it makes sense. Especially with the alcohol included!

Can you use mobile ordering at most places in all the parks? We've never used it b/c when it first came out, you couldn't order that way if you had allergies. Maybe that has changed?

Most locations we eat at do have mobile ordering. But we want to try some new places like Yak and Yeti counter, Yorkshire Fish and a couple others. Even if mobile ordering isn't available we usually only have 1 person get in line to order while the others wait back somewhere (not at a table) just to stay out of the way since there are 6 of us.

Not sure about the allergy thing though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter