PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

Right, a third party company would have to do it and it would be ran like rentals, like I said

I think my point is that it is no different than today. That’s important because some might think it is.

You rent your points to rent out someone else’s, no matter how it’s structured. Until you check in, that owner can cancel it and if it is a true swap nbeteeen the same owners, someone is still going first.

I only wanted to say that it is in no way even close to how BVTC works because you never lose control of your points or reservations.

it is in no way even close to how BVTC works because you never lose control of your points or reservations
I'll agree that it would definitely be way more of a hassle. Instead of Disney's system letting you control your OWN new reservation yourself, you would have to manage the OTHER person's reservation like you would with rentals. And the trustworthiness of the other members and the company hosting it would definitely matter.

But at the end of the day it would be in effect doing what BVTC does, which is letting people use their points to reserve at a resort other than their home resort. It would just have to be managed manually in the system and the other member and the company holding the points and the money would be a company other than Disney and more could go wrong.

If you have 100 points at Resort A but decide to use them at Resort B instead, you opened 100 points of availability at Resort A that someone can use. Both systems would be able to let a person from Resort B to use 100 points to stay at Resort A. But yes, one of them (BVCT) would the only one that is official, while being safer, and a much cleaner process.

But there is no swapping via BVTC between resale contracts from resale restricted resorts, so you never know! You can kind of already do it now in a way with the rental companies, but I'm sure the hit is pretty big, not sure of their exact fees or how much you would lose out on renting out points at one resort to rent at a different one

Am I seeing right? If you buy a FW standard view IT 36-39 studio (114) and 1BR (229) total of 343
points. Ends up cheaper than a 2BR (359) for the same week.
Initial appearance of the floors we know, standard view will only be lockoffs. Not guaranteed, but request a connecting room for 41 years and you save 656 over the lifetime of the contract.

Am I seeing right? If you buy a FW standard view IT 36-39 studio (114) and 1BR (229) total of 343
Initial appearance of the floors we know, standard view will only be lockoffs. Not guaranteed, but request a connecting room for 41 years and you save 656 over the lifetime of the contract.
Not to mention the flexibility. If you love that week, you would have a guaranteed studio option, 1br option, or essentially a 2br option every year. You could drop off the portion you didn't want to use if you wanted to downsize

I'll agree that it would definitely be way more of a hassle. Instead of Disney's system letting you control your OWN new reservation yourself, you would have to manage the OTHER person's reservation like you would with rentals. And the trustworthiness of the other members and the company hosting it would definitely matter.

But at the end of the day it would be in effect doing what BVTC does, which is letting people use their points to reserve at a resort other than their home resort. It would just have to be managed manually in the system and the other member and the company holding the points and the money would be a company other than Disney and more could go wrong.

If you have 100 points at Resort A but decide to use them at Resort B instead, you opened 100 points of availability at Resort A that someone can use. Both systems would be able to let a person from Resort B to use 100 points to stay at Resort A. But yes, one of them (BVCT) would the only one that is official, while being safer, and a much cleaner process.

But there is no swapping via BVTC between resale contracts from resale restricted resorts, so you never know! You can kind of already do it now in a way with the rental companies, but I'm sure the hit is pretty big, not sure of their exact fees or how much you would lose out on renting out points at one resort to rent at a different one

I guess where I just have to disagree is you are not using your points to reserve another home resort. You are using them at your home resort still and just putting someone’s name on them.

So, if I own at RIV, and you own VDH, then aren’t we both simply letting the other use them. Or, am I misunderstanding?

With BVTC, I am not swapping anything…I am simply being allowed to use my own points to “pay” for a room at the other resort. They don’t take my points and give me other points.

Maybe what’s confusing me is thsat a company can’t hold points…no matter what, the owner controls the points.

Swapping has never been popular, is because one person always goes first, and since resorts all hold different values, it’s hard to find someone who has a resort thst is seen as an even trade.

The ability to have both a 1 bedroom and studio, booked separately connect is very hard to do and in most cases, people are not successful.

When things are booked differently, you might have different check out dates for the rooms next to each other.

Certainly something I would not expect to happen an unless you don’t care if you are together. We have done this a few times and not once were we put together.

I guess where I just have to disagree is you are not using your points to reserve another home resort. You are using them at your home resort still and just putting someone’s name on them.

So, if I own at RIV, and you own VDH, then aren’t we both simply letting the other use them. Or, am I misunderstanding?

With BVTC, I am not swapping anything…I am simply being allowed to use my own points to “pay” for a room at the other resort. They don’t take my points and give me other points.

Maybe what’s confusing me is thsat a company can’t hold points…no matter what, the owner controls the points.

Swapping has never been popular, is because one person always goes first, and since resorts all hold different values, it’s hard to find someone who has a resort thst is seen as an even trade.
You ARE swapping something when you use BVTC at 7 months, you just can't see it because the system does it for you.

You can either see it as the system letting you use "your" points from one resort at the other resorts, or as them converting "your" points into an equal amount of points at the other resort when you make the reservation at 7 months (and then converting them back if you decide to cancel). Either way the outcome is the same so it doesn't matter. In the example you had earmarked X number of points at RIV for a stay that year, but used them at VDH instead. This opened up X number of points of availability at RIV, which I was then able to book in the example. Again either way, the outcome is the same so it really doesn't matter. 7 month availability is there because owners at the resorts opened that availability by using their points to stay elsewhere, banking, or borrowing for a year. If everyone decided to use their full home resort points at their home resort at 11 months every year, the 7 month BVTC would be basically useless and there would be 0 availability anywhere but your home resort. You are swapping a stay at your resort for the number of points you used elsewhere into the BVTC system.

In my possible third party example, the third party company wouldn't be holding the points, they would be holding money, a deposit, etc, and yes one of the other users would be holding your reservation or the points you are trying to use. If done through a company with an agreement and deposits, up front, it could provide at least a little safety net, like the rentals do now. For example, if the other user breaks the agreement they forfeit their deposit on their own reservation and the company hopefully tries to make it right. Maybe they could hold a bigger deposit and once both your rented out reservation and rental reservation are complete you get part of it back. There are various ways it could work to make both users comfortable.

You ARE swapping something when you use BVTC at 7 months, you just can't see it because the system does it for you.

You can either see it as the system letting you use "your" points from one resort at the other resorts, or as them converting "your" points into an equal amount of points at the other resort when you make the reservation at 7 months (and then converting them back if you decide to cancel). Either way the outcome is the same so it doesn't matter. In the example you had earmarked X number of points at RIV for a stay that year, but used them at VDH instead. This opened up X number of points of availability at RIV, which I was then able to book in the example. Again either way, the outcome is the same so it really doesn't matter. 7 month availability is there because owners at the resorts opened that availability by using their points to stay elsewhere, banking, or borrowing for a year. If everyone decided to use their full home resort points at their home resort at 11 months every year, the 7 month BVTC would be basically useless and there would be 0 availability anywhere but your home resort. You are swapping a stay at your resort for the number of points you used elsewhere into the BVTC system.

In my possible third party example, the third party company wouldn't be holding the points, they would be holding money, a deposit, etc, and yes one of the other users would be holding your reservation or the points you are trying to use. If done through a company with an agreement and deposits, up front, it could provide at least a little safety net, like the rentals do now. For example, if the other user breaks the agreement they forfeit their deposit on their own reservation and the company hopefully tries to make it right. Maybe they could hold a bigger deposit and once both your rented out reservation and rental reservation are complete you get part of it back. There are various ways it could work to make both users comfortable.

Let’s be honest though…it’s still a rental except now each owner is both a renter and rentee. Using BVTC has you using your own membership and that is a big difference…at least IMO.

But I get that as more owners are restricted, they may be more willing to rent their own points to rent someone else's points.

DIS used to allow people to try to connect this way and it stopped because it wasn’t really popular or it was hard to make the deal work.

Id have to think just renting your own and then paying cash would be a lot less risky than having to tie up extra money…extra deposit.. to rent your reservations.

Of course, I won’t be surprised to see down the line DVC offering owners a chance to pay a per point fee to book other resorts.

ETA: Just had a thought , I think the popular practice of confirmed reservations being offered is pretty close to this…just not the same renter snd rentee in both transactions!

Last edited:
Let’s be honest though…it’s still a rental except now each owner is both a renter and rentee. Using BVTC has you using your own membership and that is a big difference…at least IMO.

But I get that as more owners are restricted, they may be more willing to rent their own points to rent someone else's points.

DIS used to allow people to try to connect this way and it stopped because it wasn’t really popular or it was hard to make the deal work.

Id have to think just renting your own and then paying cash would be a lot less risky than having to tie up extra money…extra deposit.. to rent your reservations.

Of course, I won’t be surprised to see down the line DVC offering owners a chance to pay a per point fee to book other resorts.
Oh definitely, it would still always, in effect, be running as a series rentals. I agree it isn't very elegant, but there may be a need for something like it once resorts start expiring and if they keep opening new resorts with resale restrictions.

Dvc coming out with a way to swap restricted points for a different stay for a fee would be interesting as well! If it wasn't too steep that could increase resale interest for restricted resorts as well

Interesting that it includes the original longhouse studios. I had asked about the original DVC building at GFV last summer and was told that was not an option. So maybe they are holding significant ROFR’d inventory?
I don’t think this means you can get a FW at the current longhouse, but rather they just put it all on one chart.

The FW chart I was given by my guide for GVF at second offering (at least by early 2023) only listed the Resort Studios 🤷‍♀

I know but I still don’t think it is because they will sell them; especially since we know they didn’t with VGF.

I don’t think this means you can get a FW at the current longhouse, but rather they just put it all on one chart.

Oddly, my guide told me today that there isn’t a FW chart (yet) for Island Tower, but there are FWs available for the longhouses. He attached the old chart to the email.

Sounds like even the guides aren’t on the same page about what is available.

Those 2042 resorts were allowed when I bought my resale so won't then always be allowed then?
Just like resale prior to 2019 got all resorts so are allowed to use at RIV.
Sorry, just getting around to this…

Yes your current points will always be good there (BWV/BCV) until 2042 when they do whatever they’re going to do.

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest