PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

So after the discussions on this is this concensus this might be possible, but unlikely given the difficultly it would take to reallocate the points from individual previously SV units to P view units? And, from Disney's perspective what would they really gain by expending this effort.

I don’t know if everyone believes they can, but I am not sure what DVD gains.

They have made the point values at the tower pretty aggressive and to move points from current units around might mean fewer to sell?

Bungalows come up a lot but they do get booked and I just don’t think DVD sees them as a problem.

I think they reclassified LV to PV in the current longhouses for ease so it can match the tower and not set expectations differently.

So after the discussions on this is this concensus this might be possible, but unlikely given the difficultly it would take to reallocate the points from individual previously SV units to P view units? And, from Disney's perspective what would they really gain by expending this effort.
I don't think they will, or I hope they won't. Otherwise, logically, the 2nd and 3rd floor of Moorea Lake Views would/should be designated as PM with higher points, and some rooms in Tokelau will become P. Just the fact that they redesignated them as S and P may mean that they're just redesignating the categories and not the rooms.

Wishful thinking. This was what I was afraid of if the Tower was in the same Association. I like the longhouses the way they were and wouldn't have minded if they were separate.

Last edited:
I like the longhouses the way they were and wouldn't have minded if they were separate.
Exactly! The tower is great and all and will have some nice views from the rooms, but the vibe of the original longhouses are much more preferable in my opinion. I see the original longhouses on that side of the Poly as more serene and laid-back; whereas, the Tower area is going to condense allot of folks into one area and seemingly be more hustle and bustle. Example, the Oasis pool vs the Lava Pool areas.

When do we think DVC will release square footage info on the Island Tower rooms?

Maybe things have changed, but with the original PVB longhouses we didn't know until people stayed and measured for themselves.

I think they reclassified LV to PV in the current longhouses for ease so it can match the tower and not set expectations differently.
100% agree.

People have complained about the LV classification since the start. 2nd and 3rd floor make most people happy. The problem with the classification was 2/3 or 3/4 of the first floor LV longhouse rooms really are bungalow view rooms. The remaining first floor Moorea "lake view" see the lagoon from the shore to the bungalows.

In the early days people suggested Disney should have had 3 views for the longhouses: standard (Pago Pago parking lot), lagoon view (2nd-3rd floor Moorea with some of the first floor Moorea that aren't blocked by the bungalows), and preferred view (Tokelau, Pago Pago facing the greenery, rest of Moorea).

Under promise, over deliver.

So not the smallest studio within DVC. Looks like 50 sq ft between longhouse vs tower studios.

I got these numbers from my guide:
Tower Duo: 293 sq ft​
Tower Studio: 417 sq ft​
Tower 1-bedroom: 834 sq ft​
Tower 2-bedroom: 1252 sq ft​
Tower 2-bedroom penthouse: 1448 sq ft​

So not the smallest studio within DVC. Looks like 50 sq ft between longhouse vs tower studios.
So the tower studio is closer to the cash rooms ( which are smaller than the DVC longhouses) The pics of the tower studios make them look smaller ( more narrow) but the shower in the DVC longhouses does take up space close to the 50 sq foot difference

Fingers crossed they assigned it to you!!

You don't want to add me to your reservation as that is one way to be guaranteed a Pago Pago Parking lot view :)
Seriously... Just preparing. Just in case... How bad is Pago Pago parking lot view? Will new bus lane go right by it?

I thought I'd share one of my comparison tables. This is for season 2, though if anybody desperately wants to see another season let me know (it's just a parameter in my spreadsheet). I think this is all accurate.

View attachment 895674

A few notes:

• For simplicity, I'm referring to both RIV and PVB 2-occupant units as "Duo Studio"

• Similarly, I'm lumping in all of the views between Standard and Theme Park into "Preferred" -- including Preferred, Lake, Boardwalk, Savanna, etc.

• "Special" includes the CCV Cabins, SSR Treehouses, and PVB Bungalows

• I know that I was one of the people who kept insisting that the PVB point chart would be eye-wateringly expensive, but WOW is that a doozy.

New spreadsheet idea unlocked. 💡

Seriously... Just preparing. Just in case... How bad is Pago Pago parking lot view? Will new bus lane go right by it?
Unpopular opinion: We love Pago Pago, it’s right next to the TTC. And it is a smaller longhouse, and tends to be quieter, in my experience.

There are basically 3 types of view. If you are in the interior, it’s just the resort that you see, kinda nice, kinda green. If you are upper floor on the parking lot side, it’s really more of a monorail view, especially if you are seated on the balcony (that’s what I tell myself, anyhow). The other rooms on that side are indeed just the parking lot, and they are not my fav.

Unpopular opinion: We love Pago Pago, it’s right next to the TTC. And it is a smaller longhouse, and tends to be quieter, in my experience.

There are basically 3 types of view. If you are in the interior, it’s just the resort that you see, kinda nice, kinda green. If you are upper floor on the parking lot side, it’s really more of a monorail view, especially if you are seated on the balcony (that’s what I tell myself, anyhow). The other rooms on that side are indeed just the parking lot, and they are not my fav.
Some people with kids look for the 1st floor parking lot area - I asked one why and she said it is easy to take the stroller out the slider vs the elevator ?

I got these numbers from my guide:
Tower Duo: 293 sq ft​
Tower Studio: 417 sq ft​
Tower 1-bedroom: 834 sq ft​
Tower 2-bedroom: 1252 sq ft​
Tower 2-bedroom penthouse: 1448 sq ft​
Wow! That’d be great news if it turns out to be true. That would put the square footage of each PVB room category in the top 3 of all WDW DVC resorts.

Some people with kids look for the 1st floor parking lot area - I asked one why and she said it is easy to take the stroller out the slider vs the elevator ?
Oh, definitely. We didn't start going to PVB until the kiddos were well out of strollers, I can only imagine what a pain that would be - those elevators are not what I'd call roomy.

Thx! I'd enjoy the "garden" views & LOVE the QUIET...But a close-up Parking Lot makes it feel more like a roadside motel IMO at any of the DVC...Oh well, fingers crossed.

I have always wanted to go to the front desk and demand “parking lot view “ but they have been too busy to mess with the last few times I checked in.
Stand your ground! 😁 Some people do end up getting their demands met. :earboy2:

(I don't envy front desk staff that will be dealing with the new Longhouse room cats of Moorea/Tokelau S & P, though)

Oh, definitely. We didn't start going to PVB until the kiddos were well out of strollers, I can only imagine what a pain that would be - those elevators are not what I'd call roomy.
You think a stroller is hard, you should have seen an ECV trying to get in there....
We asked to be moved to a first floor room and were able to be moved after the first night. I got the best standard view ever 20240815_201443.jpgin Tokelau.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest