Problem with Canadian @par **UPDATE**

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
Hi all...

Back on May 15th I quickly called to switch my 3 nights at AKL Concierge to the Canadian the at Par deal...

The rate dropped from 1209.00 to 744.06.

Well today I called to pay for it - and the CM said I had a balance of 930.20... I said - no - it should be 744.06 - and he said nope.. no such rate - the total is 930.20.

He looked through the history of my file and says there no such rate anywhere... also - I did not get a confirmation in the mail.

I remembered seeing someone else on this board say he got a rate of 744.00 for three nights concierge - so I am warning you to call and check it out... and if it is 744.06 - let me know so I can refer to it and straighten out my booking..

Anyone else have mysteriously fluctuating totals?

************ UPDATE **************

Guess what came in the mail today?? That's right - my confirmation with the $744.06 clearly stated :)

Off to call the mouse.....

>>^..^<<

Is there a chance the rate may be fluctuating due to the exchange rate? I thought they were using a standard calculation. That is very odd:confused:. I'm glad I didn't change my annual passholder rate to the Canadian at par now! Thanks for the heads up!

If I remember correctly, Cdnmickeylover was misquoted her Cdn at Par deal due to the fact that there was a computer glich the first day it started. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Use the old saying, If you don't like what on CM says, phone back and talk with another one!

Good Luck!

Scratch
:smooth:

There was a computer glitch. I was quoted two different rates for ASMu in October. One at $59/night and one at $74/night (taxes included). I got an entertainment rate at HIFS for $73 + taxes in October. For the few dollars difference we get breakfast, more space, and a fridge & microwave in the room.

I've already PM'ed Cass about this, but they should honour a quote even if it was as a result of a computer glitch. (BTW, it was most likely a programming glitch, i.e. human error, not a true computer glitch. :) )

Calling back and talking to another CM may work, but they can only go by what is displayed on their computer screen. At this point I think Cass needs to talk to a supervisor at CRO to get this resolved.

I got my reservation confirmation in the mail two days ago - and I booked almost the same thing she did on the same day - with the price that she was quoted.

- Mike

The same thing happened to me when I went back to change the dates for CBR (same dates - just a few nights less). It looks like once the file is modified in any way the new rates come up without any trace of the original rate. Before she made the change, she reviewed my reservation with me and it was all correct.

I spoke with a few different people during that call and they insisted that the lower rate was impossible. What bothered me more than the money (about $30 US/night) is being told that I am wrong about it!:)

I have also been waiting for the reservation in the mail and it came yesterday (with the original rate quoted) - you will probably get yours soon!

There was a computer glitch with the cdn at par rate quoted for most of the first day. I booked with a TA and Disney is honouring the lower mistaken rate. I realized there was an error when I asked for a quote for July and the price was higher than for October when it should have been the same. As far as I'm aware Disney is honouring the original rate quoted as long as you booked it then.

Cdnmickeylover

Cass, I was very relieved to get my confirmation because it confirmed the rate I was quoted, which was the "glitch rate". Hopefully when you get your confirmation it will have the rate you were originally quoted too! Since you booked on May 15 as well, I would think yours should be in the mail too.

Originally posted by TimNDansMom
Cass, I was very relieved to get my confirmation because it confirmed the rate I was quoted, which was the "glitch rate". Hopefully when you get your confirmation it will have the rate you were originally quoted too! Since you booked on May 15 as well, I would think yours should be in the mail too.

Hi... when did you receive your confirmation? Nothing has come for me - how suspicious :mad:

>>^..^<<

Cass, I received it on Wednesday the 28th.

I booked the reservation right after the kids went to school ~ around 8am, on May 15.

We also received our confirmation on Wednesday - I booked it around noon on May 15.

- Mike

Okay then... I will be hopeful and keep checking my mailbox...

The thing that bothers me the most is the CM was really snide - like I was trying to pull something - which I am not.. sheesh.. and I don't even mind the new rate - it is still better than the rack rate or th DC rate and either of them I would have paid as well.

I said that I knew of someone else booked for 3 nights with the same rate of 744.06 and they said.. well give us the last name and check in date and we will have a look...

Then I said "well.. I don't have the last name" and the CM said - "uh - huh" like I was an idiot making it up.. sheesh..

Oh well - I shall wait and see

>>^..^<<

Did you put down the deposit when you booked it?

The standard deposit is one night's rate, right? So, if you put down the deposit, you (and CRO) should be able to figure out the total owing by multiplying the deposit amount by the number of nights...if they don't match, you have at least some proof of what you were told when you booked.

If you didn't put a deposit down, and were calling back to put down the deposit, you might be out of luck because of their policy - "Rate subject to change until payment received". I'm not sure how their system works, but they might not actually book your room until you put the money down, they could just "hold" the reservation waiting for the deposit and actually reserve the room when you pay the deposit. Since they discovered the error between when you put the hold on the room and actually put the money down, your rate may have been adjusted accordingly.

I booked mine first thing on the 16th (I got the correct rate rather than the glitch - :mad: ), and put the deposit down right then. The charge has already shown up on my credit card, but I haven't received my confirmation yet (it's been exactly two weeks). I don't want to worry about calling back (and paying long distance to do it) if there's no cause for concern.

Should I be concerned that I haven't received anything yet? I was going to give them another week just in case, and call back next Friday if I still haven't received anything.

Do they send the confirmations through regular mail, or by courier? I ordered a ticket for the Halloween party a week after I booked my room, and have already received it (it was couriered), but nothing yet for the room.

I booked the morning of the 15th and got the WL Woodsview for a great rate, better than what I was expecting. A couple of days later when I heard about the glitch I called to put down my deposit and it was the same rate. I also got my confermation in the mail a couple of days ago - it was sent out before I put my deposit down. Always bring your confirmation with you - I ran into trouble last year at Christmas during the POR shutdown - I had a really rude rep when I tried to get a better rate a deluxe she was rude and withou me knowing she changed my reservation at POR to rack rate. When I checked in their was no record of my lower rate - I handed them my confirmation and they had to make several calls and send faxed but I got my original rate. I complained to Disney and someone called me but denied that one of their reps would do such a thing.

HI..

Thanx for all the responses.

I still have not received a confirmation - but it sounds like everyone has just been getting them over the last couple of days... maybe mine will come - and then that CM better look out! lol

>>^..^<<

************ UPDATE **************

Guess what came in the mail today?? That's right - my confirmation with the $744.06 clearly stated

Off to call the mouse.....

>>^..^<<

You have it in Black and White Now! Obviously someone is trying to cover you know what! by changing the computer not realzing the confirmation was in the mail!

Scratch

:smooth:

I've been waiting for you to post how you made out as well. Let us know :).

Okay - I have to admit that was a really fun telephone call. :p

The supervisor "Tesa" says
"It is impossible for 744.00 to be a concierge rate - it can't say concierge on your confirmation" :confused:

Cass - "ummmm, yes it does" :)

Tesa - "Well we would have to see a copy of it - but you probably can't fax it - could you?" :confused:

Cass -" I have a fax machine right here" :)

Tesa - "Oh" :eek:

***Later that Day - Tesa calls me***

Tesa - "Well, the rate for your room is 920.00 - but since you have this confirmation we will honour the 744.00 rate - but we would like you to pay the balance at the hotel instead of in advance"

Cass - "Are you sure? what if they try to charge me the higher rate" :rolleyes:

Tesa - "Take your confirmation with you - I have made the changes on your rate and put remarks on the booking"

===

Cass *thinking* I can imagine the remarks - It should be interesting to see what room they put me in. :mad:

Tesa also apologized for the snotty CM I had last week who insinuated I was making it all up.

Does anyone have any idea why they would not want me to pay the reservation in advance? It just sounds weird.

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter